PDA

View Full Version : balance issue: firewall, summon elemental, spirit

Creolophus17
10-08-2015, 11:43 AM
these are two insanely op spell. you can literally win any fight with any basic army.

firewall
summon elemental

why is spirit in the game if mana regeneration doesn't matter? you are literally regenerating more mana than you can use.

wolfing1
10-08-2015, 02:19 PM
these are two insanely op spell. you can literally win any fight with any basic army.

firewall
summon elemental

why is spirit in the game if mana regeneration doesn't matter? you are literally regenerating more mana than you can use.
Not saying I agree or disagree, but if you're going to report a balance issue, it helps if you explain what's unbalanced about something instead of just naming it.

Quique30
10-08-2015, 02:30 PM
I agree!

Though I find Firewall more situational, like when you know AI won't move (archer type of units) or when units are in a tight formation (less effective situation).

Summon elemental, though, is very, very powerful. You can summon units on the AI's side of the battlefield and lock it there, making every fight a no-loss fight.

DeadHabit
10-09-2015, 03:19 AM
Firewall is a badass one, however I think it should be simply fixed by improving AI (Would you honestly stand in the fire?)

Summon elementals is definitely way too much.

Unlike previous games, the combat doesn't even seem to end when your "real" creatures are dead... you can just keep summoning more and more elementals. :confused:

PewSquare
10-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Firewall is a badass one, however I think it should be simply fixed by improving AI (Would you honestly stand in the fire?)

Summon elementals is definitely way too much.

Unlike previous games, the combat doesn't even seem to end when your "real" creatures are dead... you can just keep summoning more and more elementals. :confused:

Summon elemental even if your creatures die allow you to fight on, but ultimately you lose the battle from my experience (at least it was so in the campaign).

Firewall is pretty strong, cant argue that, but really situational. To balance it, i would honestly just shorten it by 1 tile max 2.

I wonder how come you didnt complain about tsunami. Tsunami + luck with the spell crit = hillarious 1 shots of whole enemy armies. But ok, at least that is a lvl 4 spell.

With summon elemental tough i definetly agree, its way too strong, especially with the specialization. But what makes it so strong imo is that you can create as many stacks as you want. Honestly, just cut mana regeneration in half, and it would be sort of balanced. As then mana management would actually have an impact. Right now, you can spamm spells waaaaaaaaay too much.

Wintermist
10-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Summon Elementals is indeed crazy strong, mainly due to everyone on the AI side seems to focus on it entirely. You should really only be available to summon one group per battle I think, like some other spells.

sv-Segio
10-10-2015, 03:01 PM
The waterwave. elementals. wall of fire. the roots of the earth. Doing too much damage. Too!
and protection of the castle - the moat (to much damage to)