PDA

View Full Version : The noobie needs help

jimmyboy99
04-04-2004, 02:16 PM
hey i finally got the game like 4 days agoand i love it. but i cnat get the names of the airplanes to show up wen they are in the air. this would be alot of help for me i someone could tell me why they wont show or howto get them too. thnx cant wate for a replie

jimmyboy99
04-04-2004, 02:16 PM
hey i finally got the game like 4 days agoand i love it. but i cnat get the names of the airplanes to show up wen they are in the air. this would be alot of help for me i someone could tell me why they wont show or howto get them too. thnx cant wate for a replie

Chuck_Older
04-04-2004, 02:36 PM
check the manual http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

On the difficulty screen, there are many switches that look like toggles, and go 'click' when you, uh, click them. You probably know that..

OK, then what you need to do is find the one that says 'icons' (not 'map icons'), and click it. Now you'll see either red or blue text over each plane with it's name and distance from you

Punk Rockers in the UK, they won't notice anyway. They're all too busy fighting for a good place under the lighting~ Clash

horseback
04-04-2004, 02:58 PM
You also need to assign a button or keyboard key to "Icons" in your Controls Menu for each Pilot - it's one of many commands that are 'User Defined'. Icons are near the bottom of the Controls Menu. You just click in the 'Keyboard/Joystick Button' assignment area opposite the word Icon and enter a button or keystroke you want to asign to that function.

Remember to click on the 'Apply' button at the bottom left hand corner (not 'Default') or all your changes will be lost. I keep a chart printed out with my keyboard and joystick button assignments for each pilot career- German single engined a/c and most Allied a/c have different button priorities, and twin-engined a/c have others still, once you get into the CEM (Complex Engine Management) area.

As you become more familiar with the game, you'll find that you may want to reassign certain keys/buttons' assignments, and not use some commands at all. This will allow you to develop your own convenient set of commands or views that YOU use most. The Controls Menu allows you this flexibility, and I find it one of the most useful things about the sim.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944