PDA

View Full Version : Game Suggestion Mode: "Swat 4" Mode, COOP and MP PvP.

JojoTheSlayer
10-06-2015, 10:35 PM
While AI terrorist hunt can be fun. It or another mode really needs hostages (plural) or random civilians and terrorists that, given the right incentive, give up and are secured. Swat 4 (the game) did this very well with simple mechanics. A command key that said differing phrases like "Get down. Hands in the air" etc that within some given threshold would make the civilian or in SOME cases terrorist give up without a fight or a fight (wounding, none lethal bean bags, CS gas and so on) and drop to their knees or lower. Then you selected your strips and secured them while calling in "Tac, this is Element" "Tac, go". "Hostage secured." "Roger, continue clearing." etc...

Point is, it would make terrorist hunt WAY more interesting and draw in the starved "Swat 4" fan crowds as well.
Just make the command key be contextual. You are not next to a surrendered AI, its the "get down shout" key.
Next to one that is surrendered, its the strips key that secures them with unlimited strips and automatically call it in.

COOP or MP wise I think Rainbow Siege could do it better by just adding or tweaking a few things. COOP one can just add roaming civilian AI etc like seen in Swat 4. However in another MP hostage mode. One could instead of having one hostage have several that were roaming or similar. The "defenders" would be set to differing and separate rooms or sections (2nd floor, basement etc) with differing conditions and limited options. Be it limited barricades, some hostages to move around etc, but NOT be able to leave that room or outlined section. The challenge for the entry team would be to NOT shoot the wrong people while also combating PvP players and not lose the whole entry team before all terrorists were down, but not in the manner that is basically CS-GO like current Beta was.

This would in my view flesh out Rainbow Six to its true potential and really give Swat fans and tactical Rainbow fans what they really want.

For those that have never played Swat 4. You have missed out! Here is a video link of what Swat 4 was and how it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8MaYhMkXuc

Thoughts and or bump if you want this! :)

Sinchan
10-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Of course...
Thank you for posting this

I wanted to do it long time ago but never had the will to realize it as it will just go down the drainage.
I've seen how ubi works in the past and they are still the same... So I never put my hopes up...

I can tell you this tho... they will not do it.. They will only do it maybe as bait for sequels and next installments.

Reason?
Too much additional work and cost. Need to meet and increase profit target first. People needs to get promoted, bosses needs to shine. Franchise integrity and customer value is the least important.

JojoTheSlayer
10-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Yeah, you are probably right...
I actually cant really get over the fact that most current fans of Rainbow seems to love Vegas 2 and talk about third person like people from Battle Front. LoL
Pretty sure the SAS operators at the Iranian Embassy in the UK did NOT had 3rd person corner look...

I am actually one of those that think Siege looks and feels better than the single player COD like game they first showed.
That said, I have heard "twitch combat" horror stories about the Alpha. At least that was toned down.

Of course...
Thank you for posting this

I wanted to do it long time ago but never had the will to realize it as it will just go down the drainage.
I've seen how ubi works in the past and they are still the same... So I never put my hopes up...

I can tell you this tho... they will not do it.. They will only do it maybe as bait for sequels and next installments.

Reason?
Too much additional work and cost. Need to meet and increase profit target first. People needs to get promoted, bosses needs to shine. Franchise integrity and customer value is the least important.

ColonelRego88
10-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Helluva a good ideia. Would definitely bring a lot of swat fans over to this game. I really hope the devs take a look at these great ideias that I see all over these forums. They're ******ed if they don't...