PDA

View Full Version : Assigning high level Governor makes game run slower and crash

nwnghost
10-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Tested mainly on Haven Campaign Map 4 with Ymoril.

When I set her up with all Governor talents and the Suzerain master talent, assigning her to a city on a large map with multiple owned cities, it would take a full minute after clicking Accept (to appoint her as governor) for the popup to disappear.
Then building anything or hiring troops and moving her + army into the town slot and back would also be extremely slow and occasionally cause the game to crash altogether.

ALso, assigning her as governor and then assigning other heroes with governor abilities to other towns would cause similar problems.

I don't think it is my system.
MSI GT80 Titan Dual 980 SLI 16GB

nwnghost
10-14-2015, 10:49 PM
Still happening in 1.2

Basically the only way I can play this map is without having multiple high rank governors, or the game crashes within the first week from normal play.

nwnghost
10-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Another note on testing this:

On Haven 4 (or presumably any very large map with multiple cities under your control), have Ymoril with maxed governor skills (including Suzerain) from multiple talents as governor of Hammer Fall.
Then assign Ella and Bilashi to the other 2 towns.

Notice that after a few turns of building, clicking "Accept" when trying to build, takes very long to actually complete (frozen screen for that period except for mouse)
Also, capturing several mines after a while will also take very long - hero moves onto the capture field of the Mine and then game freezes except for mouse for a while.

Eventually, doing one of the above actions (building/capturing mines) will crash the game

Strangely, moving around the large open spaces (outside the 2nd Haven town) also causes the hero movement to stutter a lot, but this does not happen around the orc town or Hammer Fall.

P.S. Other user experiencing same issue:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1295439-Haven-Map-4?p=11082752&viewfull=1#post11082752

Jabba_mit_Hut
10-16-2015, 10:17 AM
I can confirm this.

Also, i think that this is exactly the (or one of the) issues causing the memory leak.
It seems it has to do with the amount of buffs, or buff list on each hero or something in that area.
I even remember something about a runaway (endless) loop in the logs.

nwnghost
10-18-2015, 05:13 PM
What's with moderators moving this to Technical Support, implying that this is a problem on the User's side rather than a bug with your software?!