PDA

View Full Version : Stronghold Campaign Mission 3, AI in sanctuary

cnnzr
10-06-2015, 12:30 PM
In the third (atleast, the starvation dessert campaign mission) Stronghold map the last remaining Haven hero is holed up in the sanctuary with no gold income. Literally everything on the map is beaten, how do I complete the map?

Is this a bug? It cant be intended

mreed2
10-06-2015, 03:13 PM
It is a bug, and yes, you are stuck unless you can lure the hero out of the sanctuary.

I haven't tried it, but you can deconstruct a city (supposedly -- when you hover over the far left hand "meter" that shows city level, it offers the choice "Destroy all structures of level X"). You could try moving all but one hero (and the one that remains has no army at all) as far away as possible and deconstructing the nearest city all the way down (the key is to eliminate the garrison that comes with fortifications) to try to convince the AI to take the city, then quickly move your own hero into the sanctuary.

However, I suspect that this won't work -- while I've seen the AI exit sanctuaries in the past, there seems to be an AI bug where they do get stuck and can't exit no matter what.