PDA

View Full Version : Homm 7 map editor

PewSquare
10-06-2015, 08:41 AM
So, i have a question.

Was the campaign done in the map editor that shipped with the game? And if yes, was there a lot of custom scripting done, or is the editor on its own powerful enough to create scenarios like ones from the campaign?

I'm curious as i tried some terraforming in it and it seemed pretty straightforward and during this time when a lot of people are waiting for fixes and some complaining about a lacking campaign, might as well make some maps. Hey, someone might even like it.

Also any other map makers? I only created custom maps in homm3, but this editor seemed really neat, so i tought giving it a shot again.

blackadderDAAN
10-06-2015, 10:21 AM
If you have the skills you can do as much of what you have seen in the campaign. Even more if you add your own things in the content browser like new particle effects and objects, units, animations etc.

If Ubisoft reads this. Please set up a new sub forum for the editor. Then we could at least help each other. Since there is almost no support for our issues with the map editor except couple responces from Marzhin.

PewSquare
10-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Yea, i was wondering why there was no sub forum for it. Ussually mapmakers and people who like playing those custom creations hide in such a corner to not bother the rest of the community.

And if the devs who used the editor make posts it makes them easy to find.

blackadderDAAN
10-06-2015, 10:05 PM
It would be smart to do so. Saves them work if people help each other and learn from past post/experiences with the editor.

The_Toxicide
10-13-2016, 03:44 PM
So, i have a question.

Was the campaign done in the map editor that shipped with the game? And if yes, was there a lot of custom scripting done, or is the editor on its own powerful enough to create scenarios like ones from the campaign?

I'm curious as i tried some terraforming in it and it seemed pretty straightforward and during this time when a lot of people are waiting for fixes and some complaining about a lacking campaign, might as well make some maps. Hey, someone might even like it.

Also any other map makers? I only created custom maps in homm3, but this editor seemed really neat, so i tought giving it a shot again.

Hey Pew,

First off... woohoo!!! I am glad to see an active community here. I've been a fan of the series since HOMM 3. Loved it! I've messed around with the map editor in HOMM 3 and thought I would check out the new one, but there's hardly any info out there about it. Here's what I found the other day... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS84PV5uPCY. It's helped me quite a bit and you can create custom campaigns as well. Watch the three part series from that link and it should get you started. I have only one question... How do I remove that solid blue (sometimes white and blue checkered) blanket that randomly gets placed over my map. I think it's so the editor doesn't have to render that section while you build other things. I would really love to know how that works. So if anyone knows what that is and how it works... it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-13-2016, 03:55 PM
If Ubisoft reads this. Please set up a new sub forum for the editor. Then we could at least help each other. Since there is almost no support for our issues with the map editor except couple responces from Marzhin.

Hi blackadderDAAN, we have a subforum here http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1101-Maps-and-Mods