PDA

View Full Version : Is crashing every 10 minutes or so on Unity normal?

BigBadDogIV
10-06-2015, 05:23 AM
I'm on PS4. I Have the most Recent Patches. Bought The Game for 20 on sale about a week or so ago. Digital Download Version from the PlayStation store. US Region (just in case that matters). Sometimes i'll manage too go a few hours without Crashing. Most of the time i crash within 10 minutes of relaunching the game. Is this what people meant when they kept saying over and over the game was fixed.

HDinHB
10-06-2015, 06:58 AM
No, that's not normal. I played Unity for dozens of hours and I don't think it ever crashed, even before all the patches. I have the disc version.

BigBadDogIV
10-06-2015, 07:10 AM
No, that's not normal. I played Unity for dozens of hours and I don't think it ever crashed, even before all the patches. I have the disc version.

So are any of you with the digital version experiencing the same problem. I'm hoping this problem is fixable but first i have too determine that the problem is due too something on my side of things and not a something only fixable with a patch.

So are any of you with the digital version experiencing the same problem. I'm hoping this problem is fixable but first i have too determine that the problem is due too something on my side of things and not a something only fixable with a patch.

OK, Let me try this again. If any of you have the same version of Unity i have (it's mentioned above), Please let me know if you are having No Issues with Crashes...

EDIT: This was Originally 2 different posts but i guess a mod combined them >_>...

EDIT 2: Apparently, he also felt the need too Edit the Title of this Thread as well >_>...

BigBadDogIV
10-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Look, can you guys at least throw some suggestions at me for "possibly/potentially fixing my problem". I've tried deleting my "profile and saved" data and "back up profile" data. I've tried fully deleting and re-installing the entire game. I've tried googling for solutions every day for at least the last 7 days. I have ran out of ideas too try fixing this problem so at this point i'm facing the very real possibility that I Flushed 30+ Dollars down the Toilet on this game and all it's DLC.

SixKeys
10-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Have you contacted support?

Senningiri_GR
10-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Have you contacted support?

Believe me, it won't help at all. They give a copy paste in a computer language. I didn't got a thing.
ACUnity freezes and is so slow that I abandoned it after waiting months and with 13%

D.I.D.
10-06-2015, 04:20 PM
The Support team isn't checking this forum to see who's got a problem. You really have to fill out a ticket via the system.

It's a very demanding game. Given that you've tried reinstalling, which would be my first thought in case something corrupted on your first install, is it possible your PS4 is overheating? That might explain why other people with identical machines don't have your problem. Is it possible there's bad airflow around the PS4, or maybe a blockage to the vents? Is it near a heat source of any kind: a radiator, a living room fire, sunlight hitting through a window?

Mr_Shade
10-06-2015, 04:59 PM
If you have re-installed completey - then it's an odd issue - if you have deleted everything, save game and data and the install - it should work fine..

The game should not freeze - let alone every 10 minutes [that could be an issue with heat or someother hgardware issue]

support can help troubleshoot - www.support.ubi.com

cawatrooper9
10-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Is crashing every 10 minutes or so on Unity normal?
Heh, depends on who you talk to. :P

BigBadDogIV
10-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Since my last post I've tried Rebuilding my database from safe mode, Fully Initializing my PS4, Deleting Every bit of Unity save data i have and completely starting a new game. I am still having the issue. Btw i'm still waiting for someone(s) with the same version of the game as me too confirm whether or not they are having the same issue.

BigBadDogIV
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
The Support team isn't checking this forum to see who's got a problem. You really have to fill out a ticket via the system.

It's a very demanding game. Given that you've tried reinstalling, which would be my first thought in case something corrupted on your first install, is it possible your PS4 is overheating? That might explain why other people with identical machines don't have your problem. Is it possible there's bad airflow around the PS4, or maybe a blockage to the vents? Is it near a heat source of any kind: a radiator, a living room fire, sunlight hitting through a window?

It seems pretty unlikely it's overheating. I have on top of a wooden board that's on top of my TV. I keep my Apartment pretty comfortably cool at all times.

BigBadDogIV
10-08-2015, 06:16 PM
I've tried playing offline. It still crashes... The Error Code is CE-34878-0 btw.

You Know I've Always had this Crazy Absurd Belief that if I Pay For A Product, I Expect That Product To Freaking Work...

D.I.D.
10-08-2015, 08:19 PM
It must be incredibly frustrating, but it's also a hard problem to understand. Millions of other people with PS4s enjoyed the game without these crashes, and they have the exact same code and hardware as you.

I hope Support find an answer for you. If the game was a disc, the next obvious thing to try would be a replacement disc. Since it's a download, I'm stumped.