PDA

View Full Version : All H7 Class Data, For All Factions, Organized in Downloadable Chart

teardropstars
10-06-2015, 04:31 AM
So I was frustrated with the hero selector screen, and really wanted to be able to look at all classes for each faction on a single screen, with ALL the data (stats, skills and max ranks, including grandmaster possibilities). I also wanted to be able to compare factions as a whole quickly and easily.

A quick Google search didn't come up with such a chart, and I had some time on my hands. So, I made such a chart myself, and I am posting the fruits of my labor here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3E2SgIq3OyUQUZlamxzeTBNSVE/view?usp=sharing

You'll find within that doc, after a couple of introductory/explanatory pages, a full page chart dedicated to each faction, naming the six classes and telling you what skills each class has access to, which of those skills are available through Master rank, and which are available through Grandmaster rank. You'll also find the starting stats for each class, as well as a list of which heroes belong to each class.

This should all be accurate as of 10/3/2015; I double checked everything in the game itself.

Please download, save, repost, share, and do whatever else you'd like with this document. It's a Google Drive link, but you should be able to download the document as a pdf and then do with it as you wish. Though I authored it, it is not mine; I made it for everyone, so that hopefully the next person who Googles for a reference chart for this game finds exactly what they need.

If anyone knows of anywhere else useful I ought to post this chart, please let me know! I'll admit I was rather at a loss of how to get it out there on the internet and into circulation.

Also, if anyone finds any errors, please let me know so I can correct them! I'll create a new version and link it here if that happens.

Legionaries
10-06-2015, 05:12 AM
Wow, that's a lot of good work. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Paroxuno
10-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Fantastic work, thank you!

If you have more free time and do a version 2.0, could you provide descriptions / stats of what each unique class ability does at the end? E.g. metamagic, righteousness, etc.

teardropstars
10-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe? But I'd have to play more of the game first. The chart actually took a good while, but mostly because my game crashes half the time. I've gotten it to behave better now, but it's still not that reliable. (This is what happens when the publisher won't let the devs finish the game! Sigh. Not preordering from Ubisoft again ... but that's a different conversation.)

See, I haven't actually played all the factions yet. And to be honest, I find the faction abilities so far ... pretty confusing. I've done a Dungeon game, but I still have no idea what Shroud of Malassa really does. Metamagic seems more penetrable, but still a bit obtuse. Righteousness ... seems to be kinda scattered? Haven't gotten to the others yet at all.

I may do a 2.0 one day, but not for a while, I think. I'd need to understand more about the game first, really. Still, please do feel free to make suggestions; if I do get bored, well, I'm the kind of geek who enjoys making pretty charts. :cool: So I may take you up on your ideas!

victorash
10-06-2015, 08:33 AM
First of all good job. Maybe this can be incorporated into a future fan manual. They always appear after a few months. Somebody with time and passion to do this will come up with gathering a team at some point. Because the manual offered by devs is not that good and needs to be completed with the info on the Shadow council. So did you know about the blog? Because there you can find this info that you said you did not know at the beginning of your guide. quote "I had to figure out for myself that there were six classes per faction" - there are on the website. for example for the Haven - https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/factions/haven

I also had difficulties to choose a starting hero. So what I did was to brows heroespedia for basic hero info and after that go to the blog to look for skills in the skill wheel Ė for example here - https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/factions/haven/class/vindicator - you can X the select all button and see the skills. But there was no skill wheel info for each hero. So I decided like this and afterwards went and chose the hero to play.

Using this table you can figure out what are your preferred 10 skills and see what is your preferred hero and faction.
Donít remember for sure and donít want to wait 10 minutes to enter the game now, but the starting skills of a hero are also the one with the potential to advance to grandmaster? I didnít find this info on the guide or maybe it slipped because I fast read.

So about a fan manual. Maybe at some point there would be someone to gather the info from Shadow Council (with their approval) + add more stuff and manage to do a better manual that we have.
A good manual should have:
- the starting tutorial from here - https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/getting-started-with-mmh7
- details on the starting difficulties
- the info from heroespedia about units and heroes but arranged in a nice table for you to be able to compare things
- hero development
- all spells per classes
- skills with details
- artifacts + set bonuses
- castles + buildings and requirements
- more advanced things like different formulas that apply to the game (damage, growth, etc)
- different strategies for beginners and advanced players, tips and hints
Well a pretty good example is what was done for heroes 5 - http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/game_manuals.shtml

Did anyone calculate how many skillpoints you need to unlock every skill on the skill wheel? So that we would know what max level would be logic. 30 is to little from my point of viewÖ

Wintermist
10-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Lots of work there, just be aware there is probably going to be a lot of balance changes going on early on :D

Anyway, great job! :o

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Thank you for doing that teardropstars, it must have taken you ages to do.

Seviago
10-06-2015, 04:13 PM
It basically works like classes in M&M10. Only specific classes can get grandmaster in certain skills. That way Heroes are more thematic. If the character class is "meant" to be strong attack with magic support, its skill caps will reflect this. I had noticed this right away during beta but could never had taken the time to do what you did, so thanks!

KaynaCrous
10-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Thank you for doing that teardropstars, it must have taken you ages to do.

Translation : Thank you teardropstars, we won't need to make a manual of the game after all.

teardropstars
10-06-2015, 09:14 PM
I did know about the blog, which is where I found a lot of my data; however, I then had to go into the game itself to verify it, and I was glad I did, because some of it had changed. The blog also doesn't tell you about stats, or have everything in one place, which is what I really wanted. You'd have to travel between lots of pages to figure out what you wanted, as opposed to looking at a single page with ALL the faction data. Quick and simple info, that was my goal.

Regardless, the game itself should tell you all these things; you shouldn't NEED a blog. You shouldn't need to hop on the internet to get the basics of the game explained to you. There's no tutorial whatsoever, which is really a huge oversight. Then again, I don't blame the devs; they clearly needed more time to finish their game (poor guys getting trampled by the publisher, I'm guessing, given Ubisoft's history), so prioritizing fixing game-breaking bugs over adding a proper tutorial isn't really the wrong choice in that situation. Hopefully as the game gets patched, a tutorial will be added.

This lack of resources, I'm sure, is why Ubi-Moshi-Moshi was grateful: not because the devs have no intention of creating a proper manual, but because they're currently swamped trying to make sure the game stops crashing for so many people. So let's all stay positive and supportive toward the devs on this thread. It's not the devs' fault that Ubisoft did their typical shenanigans and pushed for a fixed release date instead of a good, finished product.

teardropstars
10-23-2015, 07:41 AM
The latest patch lets you see what skills are grandmaster for each character, but I still think a chart is useful, so I'm posting here to bump this thread back to the top.

My notes on having played some more: There's only one Fire grandmaster and one Water grandmaster. And no Destiny grandmaster! It feels like either (a) they didn't bother balancing the skills or (b) they're leaving holes in the skill schema for future expansions with the unreleased faction (Inferno and Fortress with Fire, Sanctuary with Water, Inferno with Destiny, etc.). I really hope it's the latter ... but I have a feeling it might be the former, or a mix of both.

In any case, I was sad that there were so few options when it came to some approaches. And ironically, Fire and Water are my favorite magic skills so far, so it's really annoying that if I want to truly max them out, I have so few options.

In other news, I know a 2.0 version had been requested, but I won't be working on that for a while. I actually uninstalled my game because I was tired of the constant crashing. Hopefully after a few more patches it'll be stable; I may reinstall and do a 2.0 then. Until then ... devs, I don't suppose you might patch in balanced Grandmasters? Many/most skills have 3+ options for each grandmaster, spread out over multiple factions. Could we have that for all the skills, maybe?

MoritzBradtke
10-23-2015, 06:10 PM
i think it's a design decision that some gm skills occur more often than others like haven having 2 light gm or necro 2 dark, it makes sense to me
however nice work on the list (: if u would like to make it even better i would advise to add the class description from the official blog of the game, they really do a good Job on explaining each class and what Kind of skills to exspect, would be perfect it u could read em and then check the skills in ure document as well (:

LinkZeppeloyd
10-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Thank goodness, finally! It was driving me crazy that I could not see which ones had grand master (teardrops i'm not sure what you're talking about, I played today and still it only says master). I think its really weird that there isn't an official skill wheel for the heroes.

victorash
10-27-2015, 07:20 AM
I think its really weird that there isn't an official skill wheel for the heroes.
I don't understand what you mean by this... What so you mean by official skillwheel?
There is a skillwheel on the blog for every hero if you enter to the respective faction. You can add there your skillpoints and make configurations

guessgap
10-28-2015, 05:33 PM
thank you teardropstars, great work and help :)