PDA

View Full Version : Some words of PRAISE! Crashes are gone, save/load works, loading times acceptable!

Graf_Federhans
10-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Dear Ubisoft team,

I don't know what you fixed during the weekend, but my game works now flawlessly.

I had not one crash in 5 hours, loading times (savegames) between 20-40 seconds [time to start the game also decreased from 10 minutes to ca. 2 minutes].

If the rest of the campaign works that well, i am happy with HOMM VII.

Thank you for the effort and keep your heads up!

@fellow users who also had issues: relax, these boys will fix the mess!

Just read some bug reports and noticed many of us sound like fat spoiled children whose toys have been taken away..

Heads up,

Euer Jockel

---------

Just as a sidenote: i couldnt even start the game before without x crashes, let alone load a game or start a new campaign.

I changed NOTHING from my side on the configuration of my system.

QA_Vorchun
10-05-2015, 05:48 PM
There wasn't any fixes during weekend, so...

Graf_Federhans
10-05-2015, 05:51 PM
There wasn't any fixes during weekend, so...

Please start your copy of the game and try it yourself.

It would be strange if it suddenly works for me in every instance although there had be no change, wouldn't it :confused:?

cossacking
10-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Except there is no patch to be downloaded. Startup time hasn't changed at all, still nowhere near 'very bad', it's just too far away out of scale.
Aside from that, I didn't really have any launch/play issues, so idk about the rest.

Graf_Federhans
10-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Maybe there has been a UPlay update?

I noticed the version is indeed the same as on Friday. But trust me: i just had 5 very enjoyable hours (until i reached max level, that is ;()

Bob__Gnarly
10-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Must be magic...

Tao-Linn
10-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Must be magic...

And you Might be right.

wolfing1
10-06-2015, 12:37 AM
There was no change, but your experience is the experience I've always had with the game (over 30 hours played, no crashes and AI turn is fast for me in my 4 year old computer). Also time to start the game for me has always been 35 seconds (but I have a SSD which I recommend everybody to get, for this or any other game).

Maybe the previous games you played you had something else using lots of RAM in the background or something.

rickmme
10-06-2015, 01:42 AM
I'm approaching 30 hours played so far and not a single crash. AI turn times aren't lightning fast, but they're not so slow as to feel annoying. Overall I'm having a great time. One more turn is often turning into five more and oops where did the time go?

Poppeye21
10-06-2015, 05:02 AM
I've had no more crashes or out-of-memory warnings since I turned off anti-aliasing in the game. Of course, not very pretty but at this point I prefer stability.

Wintermist
10-06-2015, 06:08 AM
It may be something as simple as Microsoft sending out an update that somehow affected how the game uses the resources.

Graf_Federhans
10-06-2015, 08:08 AM
It may be something as simple as Microsoft sending out an update that somehow affected how the game uses the resources.

After another reflection, i know now what I changed;

1. I put all graphic settings to the lowest level and turned off everything in terms of graphics.
2. I disabled autosaves

Well, the game still looks good.

So for the ones of you that still have issues:

just lower your graphic settings!

---

All the best,

Jockel

PS: I play on a 3 year old Laptop with 8 GB RAM

PaleAle2012
10-07-2015, 01:30 AM

1. I put all graphic settings to the lowest level and turned off everything in terms of graphics.
2. I disabled autosaves

---

All the best,

Jockel

Tried the lower graphics settings & i mean everything to low including AA off & all it did was increase the frame rate but it still remained an unresponsive laggy, unplayable mess. I knew this thread would crash quicker than the game itself.

KaynaCrous
10-07-2015, 01:39 AM
If you want to praise somebody because your game works, I suggest you praise God Almighty.

Bob__Gnarly
10-07-2015, 02:20 AM

[B]just lower your graphic settings!

Thank you for the suggestion sir, but I'm afraid lowering the graphic settings isn't going to fix the memory leak.

PaleAle2012
10-07-2015, 02:35 AM

2. I disabled autosaves

---

All the best,

Jockel

JockelStrumpf, that was one heck of an oversight to forget you changed game settings. Maybe you can try turning your graphics settings up but leave autosave off & see what happens. Still, the fact the devs haven't come out with any quick fix suggestions suggest to me theres big trouble in little China. Don't get your hopes up folks, this game will remain broken for some time & i'm not sure player turn wait time will ever get fixed.

Graf_Federhans
10-08-2015, 10:07 AM
I sadly have to report that the save/load bug is back after the 2nd week of a skirmish map.

CRASH!

I herby officially withdraw my praise.

And replace it with a strong kick into the lazy bottom of this company.

I can live with small bugs (e.g. Shroud Fog doesnt work, No retaliation when attacking from behind doesnt work etc.).

But not being able to progress a map because of a CRASH - no thanks.

The true sad thing is: in the hours that the game worked, it wasn't bad at all. Even with the dumb AI (on heroic).

But maybe I haven't seen enough from the AI and the disappointment will kick in later..(if this game ever gets fixed)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi JockelStrumpf, please could you post your system specifications, you can also open a ticket with our Support Team https://support.ubi.com please include a DxDiag report.

Please also note;

Be sure the team has not been taking any rest since the release of the title and is working hard on this update. We are doing our best to fix top priority issues and improve game experience to the level you could expect from a Heroes title at release.

It has been decided to create a first “big patch” instead of several little ones to ensure the stability and compatibility of the various fixes all together. It also ensures our QC team gives the most thorough look at it. Patch 1 should provide over 120+ fixes we will detail in the upcoming days.

Release date is still to be confirmed but we are aiming at next week if our tests are conclusive.

Regards

victorash
10-08-2015, 12:41 PM
I have been playing the game with all on low and disable autosave. In week 2 on a small map loading times are more than 5 minutes. Although I didn't have any crash, this is enough for not playing the game because it takes around 10 minutes only to start everything.
One more week wait for a patch is not that much

abishia
10-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Praise have forsaken those lands, you find only endless torture of QQ's howling these walls.

PaleAle2012
10-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi JockelStrumpf, please could you post your system specifications, you can also open a ticket with our Support Team https://support.ubi.com please include a DxDiag report.

Please also note;

Be sure the team has not been taking any rest since the release of the title and is working hard on this update. We are doing our best to fix top priority issues and improve game experience to the level you could expect from a Heroes title at release.

It has been decided to create a first “big patch” instead of several little ones to ensure the stability and compatibility of the various fixes all together. It also ensures our QC team gives the most thorough look at it. Patch 1 should provide over 120+ fixes we will detail in the upcoming days.

Release date is still to be confirmed but we are aiming at next week if our tests are conclusive.

Regards

Limbic are going to fix 120+ bugs & have the game running smoothly by next week., Excuse me for being sceptical but if you can pull this off then the question has to be asked, why the hell couldn't you do it by launch ?.

abishia
10-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Limbic are going to fix 120+ bugs & have the game running smoothly by next week., Excuse me for being sceptical but if you can pull this off then the question has to be asked, why the hell couldn't you do it by launch ?.

they needed the time fixing other issues from Beta 2 my guess is they where in a real hurry launching
you will understand when you run your own company.

PaleAle2012
10-08-2015, 03:32 PM
they needed the time fixing other issues from Beta 2 my guess is they where in a real hurry launching
you will understand when you run your own company.

The game is still in Beta. Best you get back to running your own business i think..