PDA

View Full Version : Game freeze on first mission or at opening a map in xbox 360

tashariko
10-05-2015, 12:37 PM
I brought the game from amazon, and i am from india. i was trying to get my hands on this game for so long, and atlast i got it yesterday.
I logged in and the game starts, but when i get to the comm center the first time, after that i see my Ford raptor for a second, and then the game freezes, what is this guys? ...i mean i love your games but this game is so buggy.
i was trying to play it since morning, i have wasted my whole day on this one.

Also, i googled this issue, and found out that i am not alone. well i am installing the game on a flash drive (since i dont have a HDD) At first i thought that this was the issue, but when i googled it, i found out that people with HDD are also having this issue!!!...how to play this game?....
Yes i can buy a HDD but then i want to be sure that if i play it on internal HDD it works.
At one post i read that to resolve this is issue, i only have to install the disk 1, not the disk 2, instead just play from the play dvd and it will work, but once the installation start, it dont end until i get to the end of the installation from disk 2..

UbiVolfbane
10-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Trying to play the game off an USB drive may cause issues as the game may be trying to read from the HDD location which is not found. Your best bet may be to try using an HDD or reinstalling the game. You may also want to clear the game cache to see if that helps.

tashariko
10-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Trying to play the game off an USB drive may cause issues as the game may be trying to read from the HDD location which is not found. Your best bet may be to try using an HDD or reinstalling the game. You may also want to clear the game cache to see if that helps.

Yes, i tried reinstalling, and clearing the cache. Last night, i logged in from a new xbox live account and then i started the game, and instead of going to the "antenna" location, i just started roaming in the vast open world, it seems to run normaly, but as soon as i opens a map, the xbox freezes again.
Now i am thinking to buy an internal HDD, i just want to know that if i buy that, the game will run from it, i dont want to waste my money on internal HDD. Is it a posibility that my copy of game is corrupted?...
Also, is it possible to play the game from flash drive?....

Ziltoid Racer
10-06-2015, 09:39 AM
this happens on a internal hdd too bud. they have known about it since launch but have ignored players and refuse to fix anything.... last so called fix/patch was jan 28th 2015.

the full console freeze happens a few times a day for me when playing and for friends too, its a real pain in the *** but ubisoft refuse to even add the fixes they have already done on the xbox one, ps4 & pc.
you will come to workout its just was just a cash cow for them and also made by a different studio who also refuse to do anything and say "its upto ubisoft" they just ported the game for them..... which brings us back to the cash cow scenario.

here is the script that support want you to do to keep you quiet and hope you get annoyed and give up..

Could you let me know if you have the game installed on an official Xbox 360 hard drive? Or an external USB device?

Also to troubleshoot the issue, please can you delete any DLC from the hard drive? If you have installed the game on the hard drive too, delete that also. To do this:

- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab and choose ‘System’.
- Select ‘Storage’.
- Select ‘Hard Drive’.
- Select ‘Games’.
- Select the game that you want to delete.
- Select ‘Delete’.

Next, please can you clear your Xbox 360 cache? To do this, start your console with no disc inserted and follow the steps below:

- Select the ‘System’ tab again.
- Select ‘Memory’.
- Press Y on your control pad while highlighting the HDD symbol.
- You should see an option to ‘Clear System Cache’.

NOTE: If you are not using the latest Dashboard, at this point you see two options; ‘Format’ and ‘Rename’. Do NOT select these, instead please press the following button combination: X, X, LB, RB, X, X. For the message that should appear asking to perform maintenance please select “Yes”.

After doing these steps, you can then download your DLC again through the ‘Download History’ on the console or from the Xbox Live Store.

Now can you try installing the disc content to your hard drive now and then seeing if it works? To do this:

- Insert the game disc into the disc drive. After you insert the disc, the default action is to automatically start the game. If this happens, exit the game and return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- From the Home menu, select the game in the drive tray and then press X on your controller.
- Select Install.

A progress indicator appears while your game is being installed on your hard drive.

If after trying these steps the issue hasn’t been resolved, it could likely be a problem with your Xbox console or your disc. Please can you try your disc in another console? You could copy your save data over to see if it crashes at the same point.

If there is a problem with your disc please return it to the point of purchase.

Please note if you are using a USB device to install the game on to this will cause issues so I can only suggest to install the game to an official Xbox 360 hard drive.

notice everything but the game is blamed for this, that says everything... i did checked everything they asked and when i replied this they said

2/1/2015 12:16:24 PM
Hello,

I have looked in to this for you and have found this is already a known issue and details have already been sent along through to the dev team so hopefully they can improve the game even more and get this issue resolved.

If there is anything that you should need to do manually, the solution will appear as an FAQ on the support section of our website (www.support.ubi.com) or it will start working for you automatically if its fixed via an update.

I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience during this time.

notice this is from febuary which is after the last fix and we never got one again..

tashariko
10-06-2015, 10:21 AM
this happens on a internal hdd too bud. they have known about it since launch but have ignored players and refuse to fix anything.... last so called fix/patch was jan 28th 2015.

the full console freeze happens a few times a day for me when playing and for friends too, its a real pain in the *** but ubisoft refuse to even add the fixes they have already done on the xbox one, ps4 & pc.
you will come to workout its just was just a cash cow for them and also made by a different studio who also refuse to do anything and say "its upto ubisoft" they just ported the game for them..... which brings us back to the cash cow scenario.

here is the script that support want you to do to keep you quiet and hope you get annoyed and give up..

notice everything but the game is blamed for this, that says everything... i did checked everything they asked and when i replied this they said

notice this is from febuary which is after the last fix and we never got one again..

Thanks for the reply bro. I have mailed them this issue also, and they are not even replying.
So i think i cant play this game now. i was really hoping for this game, i dont want to play it on my pc.

UbiVolfbane
10-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks for sharing the info, Ziltoid. Please try the steps as well as updating your region's Support team. Please allow up to 48 hours before hearing back from the team. You may also contact them by phone (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI).

Ziltoid Racer
10-06-2015, 06:45 PM
i have been on with phone support today to see if we can findout why it is the 360 has had no support since jan 28th, i have also stated a few of the things that are fixed on all other versions apart from the 360. lets see if i get a answer from them as to why my 40 purchase came with only 2 months support...

i will update the thread when i hear anything..