PDA

View Full Version : How to properly backup UPLAY games?!?!?

GuyWithBigNades
10-05-2015, 07:22 AM
I have had troubles always with uplay games when I have to reinstall windows. Every time I do, I have to end up re downloading all the games again. It takes forever with my not so fast internet. Should I just copy and paste the uplay folder onto a backup drive? I do this with my steam and origin games and it works perfectly. Uplay games don't seem to pick up the games in the folders again or seems to get corrupted and never works out. Thanks!

So in other words, I think there should be an easier way to back your games up in uplay!

Ubi-Kay
10-05-2015, 02:36 PM
If simply pointing the installer to the existing game files does not find the files, then you can try the steps below, as suggested by other members of the forums.

1) Backup the install folder
2) Uninstall the game or Uplay
3) Reinstall Uplay if you uninstalled it
4) Start the game download in Uplay
5) after Uplay has downloaded a couple of MBs (10 should be enough), stop the download and shut down Uplay completely
6) Put the game files from the backup you made in step 1 in the new install folder of the game
7) Start Uplay, and check the game. Maybe you have to press the download button and I recommend verifying the game files, just to be sure

Thanks for bringing this up, this has been noted. We are continuously looking to improve the Uplay service, so any feedback is very welcome.

RdJ1
10-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Yes! Do I get an achievement for being quoted like this by someone from Ubisoft? :P

DJWISS
10-10-2015, 11:09 PM
I have created a video step by step on how to install uplay games without re-downloading everything hope it helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KZar4DakAM