PDA

View Full Version : Best difficulty setting?

jfnebraska
10-05-2015, 05:07 AM
What's the best combination of difficulty settings for a very experienced player?

I'm playing the first Dungeon map, and I feel like the garrison armies that divide the areas are so big and powerful, they are impeding progress. For example, pretty deep into the campaign, and well AFTERI maxed out the experience of both heroes, my main army registers an "Average" threat when I see the opposing heroes, but a "Deadly" threat when I see the garrison that keeps me from reaching that hero. Those garrisons have, I believe been there since the very beginning of the game, and they seem too big, from a game balance perspective. I think this may be affected by the neutral army size setting, but I really don't know.

What's your favorite difficulty setting?

P.S. The game is running great on my two-year-old laptop, and, although there are bugs, none of them are really bothering me.

QA_Vorchun
10-05-2015, 05:26 AM
You're not supposed to kill those garrisons, ever. You must go different route and encounter sylvan hero w/o having to deal w/ garrisons. As for the difficulty - always choose hardest, AI is so horrendous that's even hardest one is just a walk in the park comparing to previous Heroes.