PDA

View Full Version : You talk about budget and contracts...

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 03:12 AM
But you don't have any facts to talk about, you have no idea where money has gone, how much involvement there has been between sides. You have no idea how the contracts have been written, and accepted. Just write "assume", "in my opinion", "I think" or something, but don't talk about "facts" before you have the facts.

KaynaCrous
10-05-2015, 03:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS82nF85_gA

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 04:05 AM
Lol

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 07:38 AM
How am I not surprised it's the two of you who responded.

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Now you are saying "you talk about..."

First off, who is that you. You could make a lot better thread by making a more complete opening statement. Now I can only assume you talk about the people defending/attacking Ubisoft and the mmh7 devs.

So yes, people are quick to jump to conclusions to who is at fault here. Surely it could be ubisofts fault by not giving them enough time and money, it could just as well be the devs fault. Or rather inexperience in handing such a project. It would not be the first time that it ends up beeing actually the developer at fault (see doublefine, getting 10 times the money they wanted to complete a project with no time limit besides the self imposed one, and still not beeing able to complete even half the game, in 5 times the time, having to sell another unfinished game to fund the completion of the first).

Ubisoft gave them a timeline in wich the project had to be finished, and a certain ammount of funding. And they stretched both most likely instead of working with what they had. Would we be happy if they worked with what they had? Maybe, most likely not tough. But then again, from what i see the homm community will always be a bit split up on things it likes.

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Ubisoft have made quite the name for themselves among gamers, for all the wrong reasons. That is probably 1 reason people point the finger at them.

Another reason is they fund the project & call the shots, i would say that makes them responsible for this. Give it up Wintermist, it's just they way it is.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Ubisoft have made quite the name for themselves among gamers, for all the wrong reasons. That is probably 1 reason people point the finger at them.

Another reason is they fund the project & call the shots, i would say that makes them responsible for this. Give it up Wintermist, it's just they way it is.

Completely missed the whole point.

EDIT: Somewhere along the line you've gotten into your head that I'm defending someone, when all I've been saying about this is that people should not claim to know this, or that, and state it as facts. Yes, game has problems, blame the developer and the publisher because obviously not enough testing has been done on various machines.

Also, just because my game is working fine doesn't mean I'm saying other people isn't having problems. I've said absolutely nothing about that. On the other hand though, people have said to me that I'm not at all playing a game that is working fine. Should I start insulting people saying THEY are not having any problems at all? No.

I don't write between the lines, so don't read what I write between the lines. I don't mean anything other than that which I write.