PDA

View Full Version : Had hope, it's gone...

disturbed338
10-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Dear Ubi,

I've spent 107 hours in the second beta, and coped with all the bugs, issues and poor design decisions because I had hope you'd actually have a polished product at launch (with all the feedback we're giving you)...

That hope died in the first day of playing (finding a bug in my first battle), as pretty much nothing major was fixed from CB1 and 2...although many of the bugs have been reported countless times...

Today I've asked Steam for a refund, as this is not worth 50 EUR, hell, a lot of free to play games are more polished than this...

Cheers!

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 03:07 AM
"Had game, it's gone..."

disturbed338
10-05-2015, 08:33 AM
"Had game, it's gone..."

Same here, already got refunded on Steam, hope more people do this...

Ubi needs to treat the Heroes series with more respect, not s*** on them...

Greywolf_19
10-05-2015, 08:37 AM
I bought the CE so no refund. YEAH!!! The CE I purchased in April was for the physical copy of the game and soundtrack. They changed the image and description after release and refuse to refund for a digital product. Unless I dispute the charge and risk Ubi from canceling my account, I have to eat this. Now I'm just done with buying anymore Ubisoft games. Canceled my AC Syndicate pre-order already.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Same here, already got refunded on Steam, hope more people do this...

Ubi needs to treat the Heroes series with more respect, not s*** on them...

No no I still got the game. My game works just fine, it was a parody of the thread title :P

QA_Vorchun
10-05-2015, 09:47 AM
No no I still got the game. My game works just fine, it was a parody of the thread title :P
You must be sooo alone there, in your fantasy world where H7 works fine. Say hello to unicorns for me.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 09:52 AM
You must be sooo alone there, in your fantasy world where H7 works fine. Say hello to unicorns for me.

Just wow...

ScuipiciTB
10-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Dear Ubi,

I've spent 107 hours in the second beta, and coped with all the bugs, issues and poor design decisions because I had hope you'd actually have a polished product at launch (with all the feedback we're giving you)...

That hope died in the first day of playing (finding a bug in my first battle), as pretty much nothing major was fixed from CB1 and 2...although many of the bugs have been reported countless times...

Today I've asked Steam for a refund, as this is not worth 50 EUR, hell, a lot of free to play games are more polished than this...

Cheers!

So full of crap. They fixed a lot of things from the betas, you're so disingenuous in your post. I found bugs on my first day in Witcher 3, one of the most praised games this year, but it was fine. Bunch of whiny cry babies everywhere.

disturbed338
10-05-2015, 11:42 AM
So full of crap. They fixed a lot of things from the betas, you're so disingenuous in your post. I found bugs on my first day in Witcher 3, one of the most praised games this year, but it was fine. Bunch of whiny cry babies everywhere.

I doubt the bug you found in witcher was gamebreaking...maybe I'm just unlucky, but every map I've loaded was full of bugs, campaign or scenario..

*Some* things have been fixed, I'll give you that, but most did not...and there's a huge list that's been going on since CB1...

But yeah, I'm a whining cry baby...

ScuipiciTB
10-05-2015, 11:50 AM
I doubt the bug you found in witcher was gamebreaking...maybe I'm just unlucky, but every map I've loaded was full of bugs, campaign or scenario..

*Some* things have been fixed, I'll give you that, but most did not...and there's a huge list that's been going on since CB1...

But yeah, I'm a whining cry baby...

Actually yes, one was game breaking. Sometimes my igni spells stopped working, I would use it on enemies but it didn't do dmg to them, the only fix was to exit the game and log in again. I didn't cry about it like you did.

disturbed338
10-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Actually yes, one was game breaking. Sometimes my igni spells stopped working, I would use it on enemies but it didn't do dmg to them, the only fix was to exit the game and log in again. I didn't cry about it like you did.

You're really missing the point, you are talking about an isolated case, that would *sometimes* happen...maybe a few others...no game is perfect.

But in H7 saves don't load, game has huge memory leaks still, maps bugged and need to be completely restarted, some units do not act as they should, AI is next to ******ed etc., just off the top of my head...

There are plenty of other bugs that may not be gamebreaking, but are annoying as hell, like damage prediction which is way off, luck and morale triggering but only as animations with no real effect...etc...don't compare witcher to h7 in terms of polishing...just don't...

I've had my share of mediocre releases, but this is way lower...and to top it all, Ubi/Limbic still say things like, CB2 is a thing of the past, game is "polished", the AI is kicking our testers' butts, etc...

And no sir, this is not crying, it's stating the truth...Cheers!

LordFoxton
10-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not all the same. My game meets the requirements etc but crashes whenever I try to play a single player map / scenario, which for me is fairly game breaking. Campaign works fine, but I can't play it for months on end. Not everyone has my issue, but there are those who can't even start the game, who can't play campaign, it's all different cases spread out over the player base. So often I've brought up my issue, only for some guy to be like, "Well that can't be right, mine works perfectly". Well congrats to you dude, but mine doesn't -_-

MattD984
10-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not all the same. My game meets the requirements etc but crashes whenever I try to play a single player map / scenario, which for me is fairly game breaking. Campaign works fine, but I can't play it for months on end. Not everyone has my issue, but there are those who can't even start the game, who can't play campaign, it's all different cases spread out over the player base. So often I've brought up my issue, only for some guy to be like, "Well that can't be right, mine works perfectly". Well congrats to you dude, but mine doesn't -_-

Sounds like my issue load a save after crash to just keep crashing restart single map and get to about same progress to crash again and save is borked again..... I'd be happy with bugs if I could just play the fricking game....

LordFoxton
10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
I'd be happy with bugs if I could just play the fricking game....

Yeah, pretty much my feelings on the subject too. Hopefully they fix it this week with their upcoming patch.

majinmlf
10-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Anyone who even dares to compare the witcher 3 with this bug ridden piece of crap is beyond redemption.

This game has so many game breaking bugs that you simply cannot continue a campaign or skirism, basic spells and skills do not work - any tiny amount of QA would have bought this to light and the game should not be released before fixing these issues.

This isnt the only issue, on the technical side the game runs awful - my haven 4 map game used anything between 8 and 11 GB of RAM - no other game in history ever did this. Corrupt save games also makes it impossible to retry passages of the game - the most hilarious bug after all the skills/spells issues i had which was the final nail in the coffin for this game for me was that range units simply forgot their range attack - they could only do melee attacks - no matter how many times i reloaded/restarted the save/game my 4h skirmish map was broken beyond repair.

It will take at least 6month or more till even the basic gameplay is restored but i highly doubt much will happen (see the bugfest that homm 6 was on release)