PDA

View Full Version : So far campaigns are a big heap of disappointment

SentosKarum
10-04-2015, 10:28 PM
1. There is no training campaign, like in 6.

2. There are no goodies and replay motivation to unlock via the Conflux sytem of 6, which was the best innovation of that iteration of HoMM.

3. The campaigns themselves

Haven, map 1

Starts normal enough but even on easy the enemy hero outnumbers me easily 2 to 1 just by getting all the stat boni I can.

Academy, map 1:

Hey, you know the hero you parked because you wanted to level one after another ? Now you have to use it. Also, we lost some of your carefully husbanded troops when we split them up.

Necromancers, map 1

Here, have a series of battles you cannot possibly win and mean nothing for your next map... just watch yourself losing. Who let that out of playtest ? That is nothing that couldn't have put into a textbox at the beginning of map 2.

Dark Elves, map 1

Finally, a nice map with presumably the heroes I'm going to be using in the final map of the campaign, at level 1 so I can decide where the skills go... Hello crash on loading savegame bug...

4. What exactly is my faction ability ? I know have one but I couldn't tell you what for example Shroud of Malassa actually does, or how Metamagic functions. The game does not make this obvious. If only the first map of each faction campaign would take a moment to address this...

mtzstf
10-04-2015, 10:34 PM
The campaigns are bugged and were obviously not tested properly, probably due to ubisoft not wanting to post-pone launching the game

disturbed338
10-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Also, Warfare is useless in campaigns as warfare units do not carry over...stupid as hell..

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 08:44 AM
1. I agree, there should be more than that honestly, an actual tutorial map. Somewhere where you would be introduced into homm game play.
2. No. Just no. If you need additional motivation to play homm, just find another game. The conflux was the worst thing that came upon homm, especially sinec it forced you to be always online. You don't even realize how many headaches it has caused me.
3. I haven't had the first two problems (have not played trough necro yet). Haven, take the fights you can, always minimize the losses. Put all units on 1 hero etc. By the second half of that map my army was so large that even if i quick resolved, i was left with no losses, or maybe a unit or 2 lost at worst. And yep... the campaign i had the most fun with, had to be bugged. Have the same crash on load bug.
4. All of the faction abilities need some sort of ui element or something. Most are completely impossible to read. Shroud? At least if your units had some animation that it is on them would be nice or a better explanation when its on them or not. The bloodrage with barbarians? No clue most of the time how much you have. I later figured out that i can check the unit and check the buff they get from bloodlust, and see how much dmg they get from it = bloodrage units. Metamagic? Good luck if you have not specced into something that appears as a buff on your or the enemies units. Otherwise you wont be able to figure out how much you have.

SentosKarum
10-05-2015, 10:15 AM
2. No. Just no. If you need additional motivation to play homm, just find another game. The conflux was the worst thing that came upon homm, especially sinec it forced you to be always online. You don't even realize how many headaches it has caused me.

And here's where I disagree. The worst thing to come upon HoMM was the cashgrab that was 4.
The Conflux by contrast is a brilliant concept.
Is it let down by poor uptime ? Was is poor at launch ? Possibly ? I wouldn't know, at launch my hardware was too bad to even start 6, so I missed all these problems.
But if it isn't hampered by poor uptime it vastly enhances the game that 6 is. Without it, 6 would be good. With it, 6 is downright great and I wish they'd relaunch 3 and 5 with Conflux integration, I find it that brilliant.

Lombardic
10-05-2015, 10:26 AM
And here's where I disagree. The worst thing to come upon HoMM was the cashgrab that was 4.
Is it let down by poor uptime ? Was is poor at launch ? Possibly ? I wouldn't know, at launch my hardware was too bad to even start 6, so I missed all these problems.
But if it isn't hampered by poor uptime it vastly enhances the game that 6 is. Without it, 6 would be good. With it, 6 is downright great and I wish they'd relaunch 3 and 5 with Conflux integration, I find it that brilliant.

conflux didnt work as intented.. there were MANY times conflux broke and noone would play the game online (for the dynasty weapons and the achievements)
Would be nice if it would work offline. Netherless the goodies should be available for solo play

SentosKarum
10-05-2015, 04:03 PM
For me the conflux has worked as intended ever since I could actually play 6, some times where my internet was flaky excluded.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Conflux had a lot of problems, it wasn't stable for starters. Secondly the website they had for it wasn't ever working, and never got fixed either.

SentosKarum
10-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Who cares about websites ? I wasn't even aware it had a website attached to it.

I can only reiterate that it always has been stable for me, that it what it offered was brilliant and that 7 is a poorer game for having ditched it.

wolfing1
10-06-2015, 04:37 PM
And here's where I disagree with your disagreement. I actually liked Heroes 6, but I decided to play offline. Being online or offline shouldn't change gameplay.
Also I've enjoyed the campaigns immensely, except for the campaign breaking bugs (which I haven't found yet but I know they're there depending on how you do the maps). I like these campaigns.
I do agree on the lack of information on the faction abilities. It needs a popup help explaining what it does.