PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a refund...

Rlec
10-04-2015, 08:11 PM
I should be able to go back to any manufacturer and get a refund on a product no matter where I bought it. So is Ubi offering refunds?

P.S. Forum moderators dont change the tittles in my posts. Steam does allow refunds, Green Man gaming does not. NOW that you changed and locked my last post it is very misleading

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 02:39 AM
So is Ubi offering refunds?

Good luck with that, their only interested in your money, not what you want or think. If your unsure of that new game coming out buy it from Steam, at least you have a chance of getting your cash back. I got my money back after 25hrs of H7 gameplay which is just more evidence of how bad this launch was. At the end of the day it's not just Ubisoft that employ misleading tactics & over hype games pre release, they just happen to be the best at it. In fact that's all they are good at.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 03:09 AM
Good luck with that, their only interested in your money, not what you want or think. If your unsure of that new game coming out buy it from Steam, at least you have a chance of getting your cash back. I got my money back after 25hrs of H7 gameplay which is just more evidence of how bad this launch was. At the end of the day it's not just Ubisoft that employ misleading tactics & over hype games pre release, they just happen to be the best at it. In fact that's all they are good at.

How do you hate the game so much yet still play 25 hours of it?

KaynaCrous
10-05-2015, 03:17 AM
How do you hate the game so much yet still play 25 hours of it?

Maybe that 25 hours would only be 5 had he not encountered any bugs.

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 03:54 AM
Oh Wintermist, do i have to spell it out for you again, I really like the game, it's the current state it's in that i don't like. How many times do i have to say the game became unplayable for me. The main reason i have been making noise in here is because Ubisoft are knowingly selling an unfinished, broken game & many people won't get their money back because they never bought through Steam. As someone mentioned earlier, Ubisofts actions border on fraudulent simply because the game is in that bad a condition. It should never have been released & should be recalled not only to just fix the damn thing but to give it the polish it so desperately deserves. A number of shortcuts were taken (i'm assuming because of Ubisofts unrealistic time constraints on Limbic) that there is no way a patch here or there will fix. People are right to say it is no better or even as good as an Indie title in it's current state & Ubisoft expect AAA money for it.

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 04:14 AM
Maybe that 25 hours would only be 5 had he not encountered any bugs.

5hrs of gameplay, 15hrs waiting for my turn to move (thank god for the tv) & 5hrs trying to get the game to work. I'm really starting to wonder why i even liked the game..

PrayingSeraph
10-05-2015, 04:26 AM
I should be able to go back to any manufacturer and get a refund on a product no matter where I bought it. So is Ubi offering refunds?

P.S. Forum moderators dont change the tittles in my posts. Steam does allow refunds, Green Man gaming does not. NOW that you changed and locked my last post it is very misleading

Why do people assume refunds of products are a human right. Does consumer responsibility count for nothing anymore?

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 04:33 AM
God help us if we had no consumer rights.

KaynaCrous
10-05-2015, 04:40 AM
Why do people assume refunds of products are a human right. Does consumer responsibility count for nothing anymore?

You're blaming the victim. I suppose it depends on which country you are in. Where I am, the product must be as it said to be, and it must work. Anyone that can't make the game work is entitled to a refund, at least in the civilized country that is Canada.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 07:41 AM

Actually a lot of countries has laws about such things and if you sell products in that country, you're bound by them. Take here, for example. You have 14 days to regret a purchase, and you need to be able to return it in a state that it was sold in, not including the packaging.

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 08:03 AM
They are in most civilized countries, when the product does not meet what was advertised, or some minimum standard, its a right to have it refunded. That means broken things, things obviously not working as intended, things completely different from the advertised product. All those are eligible for a refund in most countries, and rightfully so. So if ops game does not work, he has a right to have it refunded. This includes if the game is crashing all the time, or not performing normally.

Now the creator of the thread is still a bit of an ***, because he is guaranteed not going to get a refund by posting on the forums. You contact support at the place where you bought the product. And if they don't intend to refund, slap them in the face with the new law concerning digital purchases. Also in the extreme case you really want a refund, and they really REALLY don't want to refund, you can file a chargeback at your bank most likely, but you need a pretty valid reason for that.

ScuipiciTB
10-05-2015, 11:46 AM

"plays the game for 25 hours, says it's crap" riiiight, don't give me that "it would be 5 hours if not for the bugs" that's complete horsecrap. I bet you're one of these muppets to either TB or someone who complained about h7 or simply jumping on the bandwagon hate.

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Ummm, i don't have a clue what your talking about. Put the bong down duuuude..