PDA

View Full Version : How do you use "Outnumbering" in the tactics phase ????

mrxny2999
10-04-2015, 05:16 PM
I have the outnumbering skill, but have no idea how to use it.

It says you can have 9 stacks of monsters, but in my castle and in my inventory screen it only has 7 boxes, what am I missing?

Is it only for base defenses?

R-Draco
10-04-2015, 08:49 PM
I haven't taken the skill yet, but I wonder if before battle yuo can split your troops to take up the 9 slots? That could be pretty handy,

(Drag unit to action bar at the bottom of screen, then shift drag it to a empty slot)

kohzh
10-05-2015, 03:12 AM
I believe it takes effect during garrison battles where you can deploy 2 additional units from the garrison if your standing army is already taking 7 slots.

Obviously a very lackluster skill (IMO) compared to the alternative in that tier of Leadership if this is the case.

Wintermist
10-05-2015, 03:14 AM
Tooltips does need more work, it might be if you click the exlamation mark and read from the "book" to see how it works, but that shouldn't be necessary with good tooltips.

kerbner
10-05-2015, 03:45 AM
I wondered myself. No idea how it works.
Tooltips need to be more descriptive indeed.

alkoriak
10-05-2015, 08:13 AM
I guess it doesn't work always from what you say but it worked for me in a test. Entered battle and I had 9 slots to the left where to drag and drop troops.

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Everything needs to be more descriptive. And not only that.
TOOLTIPS WHEN YOU HOVER OVER THINGS!!!
RIGHT CLICK ON UNIT OPENS UNIT PANEL WITH ALL INFO
HOVERING OVER STUFF IN THE UNIT PANEL GIVES ADDITIONAL INFO

Seriously, this game does not have a tutorial, and features some new things, and some things just odd. So for a long time homm player it might not be difficult, but for anyone rather new to the series its impossible to get into the game.

Tenshinmaru
10-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Happened to try it today for the hell of it and guess what? When i split to those 2 extra stacks during tactics, the amount you split just gets thrown to the abyss, meaning i lost the split amount and never got them back so don't bother wasting a point on it till it's fixed.