PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to get ACS?

AntiChrist7
10-04-2015, 04:17 PM
I always bought my previous AC games straight from ubishop, but I was dissapointed by AC:U, and Syndicate is SP only, I dont feel it will be worth the full price. So where would be the cheapest price to get it anyway (not sites like g2a/g2play). Greenmangaming with a coupon? or the ubishop with a uplay voucher? or another store i dont know about?

Thanks.

(also has anything being said already about how many hours are in the game?)

strigoi1958
10-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Well I think you were wise to buy from the ubi shop before... I remember all the problems people had when they bought invalid codes for AC Unity... I have bought from other places before but after seeing people not being able to play ... I don't think it is worth the risk or the trouble to save 10 euros. But some people will gamble and win and some will lose..

AntiChrist7
10-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Well I think you were wise to buy from the ubi shop before... I remember all the problems people had when they bought invalid codes for AC Unity... I have bought from other places before but after seeing people not being able to play ... I don't think it is worth the risk or the trouble to save 10 euros. But some people will gamble and win and some will lose..

Well, thats because they bought keys from grey market sites like g2a and g2play. But sites like Greenmangaming, gamersgate and humblebundle for example are authorized resellers. Only I dont know which one of them will have ACS the cheapest with their different mechanics. GMG has coupons for vip guests sometimes, gamersgate has blue coins, and the ubishop now has the "turn your units into coupons" system

I have no complains about the ubishop, only like said, after Unity, and only SP, I am hesitant to buy at full price.

strigoi1958
10-04-2015, 08:39 PM
ubishop now has the "turn your units into coupons" system We get discounts for our units ? does that means by playing games I get money off games ... nice

Brostok
10-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Yes, if you ever receive your code. Like my code never did in a week -_-

Bahjabroni
10-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Right now the cheapest "legit" place is Green Man. It's $49.99 base price (no discount, thats what they're charging for it). The last two coupons they provided on the front page have not been applicable with it, so any new ones are unlikely to before release.

My advice would be to wait as late as possible to get it unless you bite the bullet and just buy it from Ubishop. GMG will not up the price so thats no worry, the coupons could be made to work with it at some point, or it could hit their VIP service. I think the lower price is b/c they're erring on the side of caution after the Unity fiasco with how broken it was at launch.

Any place cheaper is likely grey market and those are best avoided until a few months after release at minimum to see if their keys are being honored.

One other option is wait a little while and see if people start selling the Nvidia promotion coupons. Nvidia announced a free game promo (ACS and R6S are the choices) with the purchase of a new GPU and always with these things people sell the coupons on places like Ebay at typically great prices.

YazX_
10-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Syndicate is SP only, I dont feel it will be worth the full price.

MP has never been a factor to decide if the game worth full price or not, there are plenty of SP games out there charging full 60$ price and they worth every penny (Witcher 3 as an example), AC has always provided enough content and many gameplay hours to deserve the full price IMO, and to be honest AC has always been an SP game, yah MP is nice but SP was and still main priority for this game.

TR.Misterscruff
10-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Glad there is more emphasis on the SP this time though I dont mind the odd MP looking forward to ACS.

Bullet-Thrower
10-09-2015, 07:42 AM
I say, ACS Gold is listed as $90 CND on Origin compared with Uplay/Steam of $120 CND.

Jessigirl2013
10-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes, if you ever receive your code. Like my code never did in a week -_-

Yeah... Mine took about a week of asking support to get. :rolleyes:

But its still a good discount :rolleyes:

strigoi1958
10-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Yeah... Mine took about a week of asking support to get. :rolleyes:

But its still a good discount :rolleyes:

How many units do we need and how much do we get.... I have 86 but I can get more by playing a few games... from my library

RVSage
10-12-2015, 03:10 AM
gamesdeal.com is pretty good. I guess you get the gold edition for $48 USD . Have used it before pretty good service

Headknight047
10-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Getting a new Nvidia video card like me i has get the next ac game for free :)

strigoi1958
10-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Getting a new Nvidia video card like me i has get the next ac game for free :)

Well FREE is the cheapest :D which card did you get ?

naumaan
10-16-2015, 12:11 AM
okie ... well for me uplay games are priced in euros, the syndicate gold edition (as i prefer pc downloads) i have to pay 89 euros ... but on steam I have to play 89 dollars ... that way its cheap for me ,, but should i go for it ... is there any drawback to buying it from steam ?

Jessigirl2013
10-16-2015, 06:54 PM
How many units do we need and how much do we get.... I have 86 but I can get more by playing a few games... from my library

The discount is 20% off and it costs 100 units to activate.:rolleyes:

Looks like you'd better get playing. :cool:

okie ... well for me uplay games are priced in euros, the syndicate gold edition (as i prefer pc downloads) i have to pay 89 euros ... but on steam I have to play 89 dollars ... that way its cheap for me ,, but should i go for it ... is there any drawback to buying it from steam ?

Apparently the Steam client opens uplay. So you effectively have to run 2 clients in the background.

I could be wrong but that's what I had heard.

YazX_
10-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Apparently the Steam client opens uplay. So you effectively have to run 2 clients in the background.

I could be wrong but that's what I had heard.

Yes, Steam opens UPlay and then prompt you to enter the Steam CD Key into UPlay to activate and you cannot play the game without launching steam, well you can launch it from UPlay and UPlay launches steam.

Steam offers nothing to Ubisoft games and its just a store, Ubisoft has their own platform (UPlay) and has achievements, rewards, MP, DRM,..... so for me i always get UPlay version of Ubisoft games to avoid running steam and UPlay together and i can always add the game to steam as non-steam game.

J.i.m..
10-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Try Nuuvem.com, $34 but you have to use a VPN

naumaan
10-16-2015, 09:11 PM
i have 203 units in uplay account .. now how to redeem them ?