PDA

View Full Version : Hardest AC Missions/Optional Objectives

Jessigirl2013
10-04-2015, 11:15 AM
We all know how bad I am at doing threads, But perhaps this one will be better. :rolleyes:
and be a good thread for people "going dark" for Syndicate.;)

The titles self explanatory. ;)

In your opinion what are some of the the hardest AC missions or optional objectives in the series ;)

I'll start off with THAT Charles Lee mission :rolleyes:
Don't get me started on the optional objectives..... ;)

SofaJockey
10-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Black Flag: Tackling the sage from above. pffff....

EmptyCrustacean
10-04-2015, 11:27 AM
there was an ACIII naval mission that drove me crazy. You had to ram the enemy ship enough to use your swivel gun to finish it off but I kept killing the enemy with my ram. Can't remember what the mission is called now.

Locopells
10-04-2015, 12:30 PM
The Giant and the Storm, may it live in infamy...

GunnerGalactico
10-04-2015, 12:45 PM
THAT Charles Lee mission :rolleyes:
Don't get me started on the optional objectives..... ;)

Aw man, I was gnashing my teeth all the way to the part where Connor had to chase him at the ship construction site. :nonchalance:

Also the on AC4 where you had to skin alligators during a chase mission. That was just plain ridiculous.

Captain Tomatoz
10-04-2015, 01:04 PM
I remember having a lot of trouble getting 100% sync in the da vinci invention missions in brotherhood. Especially the tank and the bomber

Locopells
10-04-2015, 01:21 PM
I usually find the Bomber easy enough, but I do have to mess with the savefiles, in order to avoid replaying the entire Tank mission over again, because of the final section.

SixKeys
10-04-2015, 01:39 PM
The Giant and the Storm (never even bothered with that one), tackling Thomas Hickey from above, the optional objective in the tank mission in ACB (I cheated with that one ;)), the Flying Machine 2.0 in ACB, a bunch of ToKW DLC ones... AC2's "don't get detected" in the ship mission during Bonfire of the Vanities used to drive me crazy, now it's one of my favorite missions in the game.

Defeating all of Robert de Sable's men in AC1 is the mission I've spent the most time trying, by far. Mainly because I didn't learn the counter attack before getting to that point. :p I remember the sheer ecstacy when I finally beat De Sable after more than 20 tries.

JWRK
10-04-2015, 01:54 PM
1- the tank in Bro (played in like 15 times)
2 - the two flying missions in AC3 (played them like 10 times each)
3 - the "aim at the gunpowder" missions in AC3 (20 times... At least)
4 - Kidd's Island wolves in AC3 again (6 or 7 times I guess)
5 - That one is a bit on me but in the Unity mission where you have to stun three guards I kept whacking them over the head with a hammer and yelling at the screen because it would not work. Then I read the walkthrough... "Oh! That kind of stun." Could have been worded better.

VestigialLlama4
10-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Can I say that I did the Charles Lee mission, full-synch, in my first try, no problems whatsoever without getting lynched and banned from these forums for being a heretic. The trick is to use Smoke Bombs or Multiple Holsters and maybe the Duckfoot Gun or French Pistol which fires multiple rounds at once. So you can run and shoot those guards on your way, stay in distance of Charles Lee and make it to the ship and full-synch. Likewise, Thomas Hickey Tackle which is tricky but I managed to do it. The Giant and the Storm though, that mission was super-frustrating. Never got full-synch for that. Also Oak Island, I couldn't tackle those wolves with QTEs so I shot them down all the time. On Johnson's Trail I only got Full-Synch on that recently as well as Pitcairn Bunker Hill. If Achievements can be consider "optional objectives", then the Spit Roast musket was supremely hard to get before I finally figured out.

Outside of that,
1) AC1 - I always find even on repeated playthroughs the Ambush at Majd Addin Funeral's/False Robert de Sable mission super hard. You have all these guys attack you, you have arrows shooting at you on all sides and its a real challenge. Because you need to attack your target quickly before the other guards and arrows finish you. And canonically we know that full synchronization = health, so Altair presumably did this mission without losing health(!). I wonder if anyone actually got through this without losing a health bar. To me it's harder than the boss fights and I die several times each time before unmasking Maria. Likewise, Stealth Assassinating Conrad de Montferrat and Abul Nuqod is something I haven't done.

2) AC2 - In terms of optional objectives, assassinating the Agiles in the Tomb Chase missions before they reach the end is never easy but it's supremely fun to do. I always thought those agiles couldn't really be caught up to and I found out that yes you can assassinate them before the finish line and my recent playthrough I did it. I wonder if anyone did it say before the finish line window. So they could maybe go back and explore the whole course? The other missions I didn't have problems with. I even managed to stealth assassinate Emilio Barbarigo in the Palazzo della Seta the AC1 way, infiltrate, no detection and I killed Barbarigo on the second landing well before he reached the bottom.

3) Brotherhood - It's the Courtesan Mission where you have to race back and forth in a short window and you have to do it by combining Parkour/Horse/Map.

4) Revelations - I find this super easy in general so occassionaly I'd make things hard. Like with Hagia Sophia, which is this scripted Tomb level, once you reach the top you are meant to take a Leap of Faith to the bottom, I decided to drop down another way, and hilariously I managed to fall but clinged on one of the lower ziplines and hooked down the way I came up. It was awesome I could do that. In fact, I generally don't do Leaps of Faith on playthroughs, I like finding ways to get up/down with finesse and my own way.

5) Black Flag - Most of it was easy to full-synch but Legendary Ships are always hard to do.

MongoosE97
10-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I remember having a lot of trouble getting 100% sync in the da vinci invention missions in brotherhood. Especially the tank and the bomber

Was going to say the Tank mission, but I read through other people's posts first because I knew there was no chance that someone hadn't already said that mission :P

Aw man, I was gnashing my teeth all the way to the part where Connor had to chase him at the ship construction site. :nonchalance:

Also the on AC4 where you had to skin alligators during a chase mission. That was just plain ridiculous.

The skinning in ACIV is fine as long as you do it whilst tailing a really slow boat ;)

VoXngola
10-04-2015, 03:04 PM
The ones that are still stuck in my mind are 2 missions from AC3. Obviously the Charles Lee chase and that one mission where you have to blow up 2 ships or something. Those drove me crazy.
And of course, the infamous tank mission in Brotherhood...

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-04-2015, 03:41 PM
The Giant and the Storm, may it live in infamy...

THIS x 10000000000

And Conflicts Looms: Stay undetected on the ships and assassinate a Grenadier. :mad:

EmptyCrustacean
10-04-2015, 03:59 PM
The ones that are still stuck in my mind are 2 missions from AC3. Obviously the Charles Lee chase and that one mission where you have to blow up 2 ships or something. Those drove me crazy.
And of course, the infamous tank mission in Brotherhood...

oh my god, how could I forget that?! But everything leading up to it was so fun that it had excellent replayability factor and so didn't drive me as crazy. Also Leo's bird mission had a similar thing of being required to not take damage and also had a great quest leading up to it.

Moultonborough
10-04-2015, 04:30 PM
The Charles Lee chase until the next day when Ubi released a fix to make it easier. The Tank Mission in AC:B but I (eventually) figured it out. Trigger the tanks in the fort to start moving then stay outside the gates and shoot at them until they die. The Bunker Hill Don't take any damage while crossing the field was the worst for me. Even now I have only done it once.

VitoAuditore
10-04-2015, 05:40 PM
the hardest one for me would have to be the mission somewhere at the start of ac3(where you're still haytham) and you have to shoot multiple exploding barrels while riding a horse to catch the english guy. the mission itself isnt hard at all, but the extra objective of shooting the barrels was freaking impossible.

HDinHB
10-04-2015, 06:16 PM

Yes! The other one I had trouble with was retrieving the antidote from the evil doctor and saving the courtesan. I gave up on getting these until the Initiates challenge encouraged me to go back and get them. They seemed much easier then.

I usually find the Bomber easy enough, but I do have to mess with the savefiles, in order to avoid replaying the entire Tank mission over again, because of the final section.

...everything is permitted.

... AC2's "don't get detected" in the ship mission during Bonfire of the Vanities used to drive me crazy, now it's one of my favorite missions in the game.

Defeating all of Robert de Sable's men in AC1 is the mission I've spent the most time trying, by far. Mainly because I didn't learn the counter attack before getting to that point. :p I remember the sheer ecstacy when I finally beat De Sable after more than 20 tries.

Yes, especially RdS. I thought I'd never get past it. I'm relieved that someone with your skillz found it difficult too.

the hardest one for me would have to be the mission somewhere at the start of ac3(where you're still haytham) and you have to shoot multiple exploding barrels while riding a horse to catch the english guy. the mission itself isnt hard at all, but the extra objective of shooting the barrels was freaking impossible.

That's just because AC horses are willful and hard to control. AC horses are smarter than Red Dead horses, but they could learn a thing or two about going where you point them. I hope they've taken the time off from horse riding to work on that.

The final legendary ship battle in Rogue, where you finally have the bad guy on the ropes and two more fresh enemies show up....gaaaaaaaah!

AC2's Visitazione tomb. I lost count of how many times I tried it, sometimes coming close, but mostly failing miserably about 1/2 way through. One night I came home after "a couple" of drinks and got it on the second try.

Sorrosyss
10-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Hehe, most of mine have been said already. The Giant and the Storm took me the most retries by far. But the vehicle missions of ACB were merciless (flying and tank), as failure meant having to replay a good twenty minutes each time. That was frustrating as hell.

One of the Legendary Ships of Rogue gave me trouble too, but I can't remember which.

Jessigirl2013
10-10-2015, 12:04 PM
there was an ACIII naval mission that drove me crazy. You had to ram the enemy ship enough to use your swivel gun to finish it off but I kept killing the enemy with my ram. Can't remember what the mission is called now.

Ahhh I remember this one :rolleyes: same here

SixKeys
10-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Oh goooddd, you just triggered some flashbacks I'd tried so hard to suppress. That g0ddamn objective, I swear.

Yes, especially RdS. I thought I'd never get past it. I'm relieved that someone with your skillz found it difficult too.

Lol, trust me, I had ZERO skillz at that point. AC1 was one of the first modern video games I'd played then. :p Getting through the tutorial was hard enough.

strigoi1958
10-10-2015, 05:56 PM
AC2's Visitazione tomb. I lost count of how many times I tried it, sometimes coming close, but mostly failing miserably about 1/2 way through. One night I came home after "a couple" of drinks and got it on the second try.

Not the tombs.... I don't know how I got out of the tombs in AC2 alive or even sane.... late nights screaming at the monitor :D. And the glider/ flying over fires and knocking guards from the roofs... then watching a youtube clip of someone making it look like a 3 year old could do it ;) didn't make me feel any better.

LoyalACFan
10-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Chasing Lee confused the hell out of me, not because of the guards (you guys know you can press the Tackle button while sprinting at an alerted guard and you'll do a somersault past them, right? I didn't discover that feature until AC4 lolz) but because of that crumbling wall you're supposed to jump through in the ship. To me, the thing still looked like it was on fire, so I never attempted to jump through it. Had to watch a YT walkthrough, sad to say.

But yeah, Giant and the Storm was crap simply because it basically punished you for having an upgraded ram. Tore some hair out over that one :p Also the one where you're supposed to steal a Leonardo painting from the Hermeticists in the Disappearance DLC without getting detected; you essentially MUST use an Arrow Storm, but it didn't occur to me since I had all of my recruits out on missions. But I think the level that gave me the most trouble out of any AC game was the Battle of Arsuf (shoutout to SixKeys). Dear lord. That was before I had seven years of practice playing with AC's quirky control scheme, so fighting Robert and his men was... interesting.

ACZanius
10-10-2015, 07:27 PM
For me, hard/annoying, Charles Lee chase made no sense, Ship tailing and the tombs in AC2 when i started were very hard, i was so irritated and also screamed and was pissed lol

HDinHB
10-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Not the tombs.... I don't know how I got out of the tombs in AC2 alive or even sane.... late nights screaming at the monitor :D. And the glider/ flying over fires and knocking guards from the roofs... then watching a youtube clip of someone making it look like a 3 year old could do it ;) didn't make me feel any better.

Sounds like you were too sober! :p

Jessigirl2013
10-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Chasing Lee confused the hell out of me, not because of the guards (you guys know you can press the Tackle button while sprinting at an alerted guard and you'll do a somersault past them, right? I didn't discover that feature until AC4 lolz) but because of that crumbling wall you're supposed to jump through in the ship. To me, the thing still looked like it was on fire, so I never attempted to jump through it. Had to watch a YT walkthrough, sad to say.

But yeah, Giant and the Storm was crap simply because it basically punished you for having an upgraded ram. Tore some hair out over that one :p Also the one where you're supposed to steal a Leonardo painting from the Hermeticists in the Disappearance DLC without getting detected; you essentially MUST use an Arrow Storm, but it didn't occur to me since I had all of my recruits out on missions. But I think the level that gave me the most trouble out of any AC game was the Battle of Arsuf (shoutout to SixKeys). Dear lord. That was before I had seven years of practice playing with AC's quirky control scheme, so fighting Robert and his men was... interesting.

Ahhh I never knew that about going over guards,
sounds like the move with the hookblade which I could never get to work.:rolleyes:

I agree, the Battle of Arsuf was so frustrating :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
10-16-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't know why, but the first Da Vinci mission in Brotherhood (The Machine Gun one) took me forever to finish. I actually quit playing the game for several days because I was so frustrated. I don't have as much problem with it now, but it's still a little bit of a pain.

Also, the Bart Roberts assassination mission, but only because on my first playthrough I had hardly upgraded the Jackdaw at all... (same goes for a lot of the missions in Unity- on my first playthrough I tried to get as far as I could without upgrading, and it got really tough really fast).

I also lose my patience quickly when Haytham has to rescue the prisoners from the fort in Boston and cannot be detected.

Black_Widow9
10-17-2015, 01:43 AM
I don't know why, but the first Da Vinci mission in Brotherhood (The Machine Gun one) took me forever to finish. I actually quit playing the game for several days because I was so frustrated. I don't have as much problem with it now, but it's still a little bit of a pain.
For me The Machine Gun was a little easier than Flying which made me insane and would have to be my #1.

Moultonborough
10-19-2015, 12:37 PM

I shot all the barrels once or twice. It's just hard to time the reloading and following the guy perfectly. Ihave another issue with that mission. You have to kill two people without conflict and I've never done it.

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
For me The Machine Gun was a little easier than Flying which made me insane and would have to be my #1.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess (in this case, given how frustrating these missions are, "strokes" probably refers to the cut of flow of blood to the brain... :p)

Perhaps I've just gotten in a rut of not doing the Machine Gun mission right. The Flying Machine was really tough too, so I totally get where you're coming from, but MG just felt broken to me.

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Different strokes for different folks, I guess (in this case, given how frustrating these missions are, "strokes" probably refers to the cut of flow of blood to the brain... :p)

Perhaps I've just gotten in a rut of not doing the Machine Gun mission right. The Flying Machine was really tough too, so I totally get where you're coming from, but MG just felt broken to me.

Haha that flying machine mission that was so annoying :rolleyes:

Tyrhydion
11-01-2015, 01:21 PM
The mission in AC III DLC Tyranny of Washington, where you are supposed to fly as a bird and not hit any obstacles. I havent achieved it to date.

Jessigirl2013
02-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Did anyone find the missions in Syndicate difficult?

cawatrooper9
02-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Did anyone find the missions in Syndicate difficult?

The final Queen Vic mission were pretty tough. Just getting to the train was a pretty big challenge for me, as were the bombs in Parlaiment.

I think what really sets them apart is that they're about navigation over stealth or combat- so having an over-leveled character really doesn't give you that much of an edge.

Jessigirl2013
02-07-2016, 11:59 AM
The final Queen Vic mission were pretty tough. Just getting to the train was a pretty big challenge for me, as were the bombs in Parlaiment.

I think what really sets them apart is that they're about navigation over stealth or combat- so having an over-leveled character really doesn't give you that much of an edge.

Haha, that train one was so frustrating.
Was there any clear way do to that?

As for the bombs in parliament, I still have no idea how to do the optional objectives.:rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
02-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Haha, that train one was so frustrating.
Was there any clear way do to that?

As for the bombs in parliament, I still have no idea how to do the optional objectives.:rolleyes:

I did it by just using the rope launcher very quickly and going across the city at an angle to cut off the train. Maybe a carriage would've been faster, but I never tried it.

The timing just actually felt too off for an AC game. For timed missions like that, the race against the clock usually serves as a motivator to keep going forward, but isn't all that difficult to keep up with. In this case, it was basically the entire mission.

Dead1y-Derri
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
For me it has to be the mission in AC Brotherhood where you're in Lenardo's tank and you've got to take no damage or is it less than 'X' amount of damage? I can't remember exactly but that optional objective is really hard.

MikeFNY
02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
For me it has to be the mission in AC Brotherhood where you're in Lenardo's tank and you've got to take no damage or is it less than 'X' amount of damage? I can't remember exactly but that optional objective is really hard.

This, and I admit I used the "stay on the edge" glitch to achieve 100% sync on that one.

I never managed to get the 100% in the flying machine one, in fact AC:B is still stuck at 95% or 99.5% or something like that :@

Jessigirl2013
02-11-2016, 11:18 PM
I did it by just using the rope launcher very quickly and going across the city at an angle to cut off the train. Maybe a carriage would've been faster, but I never tried it.

The timing just actually felt too off for an AC game. For timed missions like that, the race against the clock usually serves as a motivator to keep going forward, but isn't all that difficult to keep up with. In this case, it was basically the entire mission.

I did the carriage, I got on the roof and then the horse zipped around the corner in the opposite direction of the train.:rolleyes:
So I found it easier without the carriage.:cool:

WolfKillerro
04-26-2017, 07:02 PM
That one from sequence 6 memory 3.The secret was GO ON THE LEFT WITH YOUR BOAT GO ON THE LEFT

LoyalACFan
04-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Giant and the Storm, by far. It's not even "difficult" so much as it is frustrating; if you have a fully upgraded Aquila, you're pretty much screwed, and you just have to sort of cross your fingers for two weak spots to show up. Oh, and if you're playing an unpatched version of AC3, tackling Hickey without shoving anyone is essentially impossible, as NPC's will regularly spawn right in front of you without giving you enough time to turn. Shoutout to those forty infuriating minutes I spent in 2012 :p

Also, the Bomber mission isn't all that difficult IMO, it's just the lack of checkpoints that ruin it. One screw-up, and you've got to restart the entire loooong mission over again. Same with the Tank. Oddly, I had totally different experiences when I played ACB the first time and when I replayed it recently in the Ezio Collection; the first time, I full-synced the Bomber in one go, but I had to try the Tank about ten times. But in the Ezio Collection, I did the Tank perfectly the first time, and the Bomber had me gritting my teeth after three or four tries.

Edit- wow, how did I not notice I had already replied to this thread a year and a half ago...? :nonchalance:

Sigma 1313
04-27-2017, 06:37 AM
For me the hardest is tied between 2:

ACBro: Sequence 4 Mission 1 (castello crasher) - stay undetected
AC3: Sequence 12 Chasing Lee (before the patch)

I never had an issue with the syndicate missions and the Leonardo machines just needed patience.

crusader_prophet
04-27-2017, 07:59 PM
The final legendary ship battles in both Black Flag and Rogue.

cawatrooper9
04-27-2017, 08:05 PM
The final legendary ship battles in both Black Flag and Rogue.

I didn't have any trouble with the Black Flag ones, but good lord the Rogue Ones were difficult for me.

crusader_prophet
04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
I didn't have any trouble with the Black Flag ones, but good lord the Rogue Ones were difficult for me.
I didn't have trouble with the pre-cursor ones which are already marked in the map, but I had real difficulty with the one that spawns in each game after defeating the previous ones.

RVSage
04-28-2017, 12:41 AM
Not in any particular order

a. AC unity tournament mission (solo) parkour, I enjoy the mission with music

b. AC Black flag legendary ships

c. AC2 tomb puzzles

d. Syndicate side mssion where you had machine guns and train chases (Not that difficult)

e. AC Brotherhood final escape with apple

Locopells
04-28-2017, 10:09 AM

http://media3.giphy.com/media/dcJuEIxQLSVl6/giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

cawatrooper9
04-28-2017, 02:50 PM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/dcJuEIxQLSVl6/giphy.gif

Whoops, looks like my Star Wars obsession is leaking into my Assassins Creed obsession. The singularity might be imminent.

ouch110
09-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm relatively new the the AC franchise but have read this thread lots of times in the lead up the playing the games. Maybe I've revived an old one? hehe.
I just wanted to say, I've completed all of them in order so far up to AC3, I'm on sequence 10.

I have just finished what I think is probably the most frustrating and difficult mission. It's chasing down the messengers in the forest on horseback, that last one always gets to the village first. OMG...This was a nightmare!! Thankfully it's done now. I'm glad to see the back of it. Just beofre this too, I did the glitchy wolves on oak island. argh! Had to shoot em with poison darts to pass it. What a mess. :mad:

Others I found really difficult have been Robert De Sables men in AC1, the flying machine mission in AC2 and there was a damn race over rooftops in AC2 that made me throw my controller (now it rattles inside lmao).

Having read all of the comments here I'm dreading chasing lee through the ship, it's looming!!

:(

sidgirl
09-11-2017, 05:08 PM
I'm relatively new the the AC franchise but have read this thread lots of times in the lead up the playing the games. Maybe I've revived an old one? hehe.
I just wanted to say, I've completed all of them in order so far up to AC3, I'm on sequence 10.

I have just finished what I think is probably the most frustrating and difficult mission. It's chasing down the messengers in the forest on horseback, that last one always gets to the village first. OMG...This was a nightmare!! Thankfully it's done now. I'm glad to see the back of it. Just beofre this too, I did the glitchy wolves on oak island. argh! Had to shoot em with poison darts to pass it. What a mess. :mad:

Others I found really difficult have been Robert De Sables men in AC1, the flying machine mission in AC2 and there was a damn race over rooftops in AC2 that made me throw my controller (now it rattles inside lmao).

Having read all of the comments here I'm dreading chasing lee through the ship, it's looming!!

:(

Ha, that mission--chasing the messengers on horseback--is my worst one, too (in that game)! I HATE that mission; I finally gave up on 100% synch after like my tenth failure. Now I just shoot the b*stards. IMO that one was harder than the Charles Lee mission (which also sucked).

Wait till you get to the Siege of Charles-Towne in 4. Another impossible chase mission that I ended up just shooting the guy as early as possible after a dozen failures.

Anyway, welcome from another (relative) newbie!

Bogues33
09-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Not in any particular order

a. AC unity tournament mission (solo) parkour, I enjoy the mission with music

b. AC Black flag legendary ships

c. AC2 tomb puzzles

d. Syndicate side mssion where you had machine guns and train chases (Not that difficult)

e. AC Brotherhood final escape with apple

The f'ing tournament. That took up most of my Saturday the first time I played it.

i would rank these as the hardest missions.
1. The tournament Unity
2. The Giant and the Storm that kicked my butt till I figured out how to do it.
3. 2 boat mission AC 3
4. Last Legendary Ship Rogue.
5. Final Escape with the Apple ACB

ctyagi
10-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Raise the Black Flag and Nothing is true
Defeating the Brig is too hard and going undetected without killing is quite impossible.:confused:

RedSpider
10-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Hands down The Tournament in Unity. First time I ever rage quit an AC game. Took about 30 attempts.

cawatrooper9
10-16-2017, 09:02 PM
going undetected without killing is quite impossible.:confused:

Have you tried going unarmed? If you just have fists equipped you can knock enemies out and it doesn't count as killing, as far as I remember.

LoyalACFan
10-17-2017, 02:18 AM
Hands down The Tournament in Unity. First time I ever rage quit an AC game. Took about 30 attempts.

To be honest, that was just shoddy design. Unity's parkour system wasn't designed to be as precise as previous games (it favors fluidity over being able to choose individual handholds) yet in that one mission, and nowhere else in the game, you're required to leap from platform to platform with extreme precision to collect those flags, with very little control over the height of Arno's jumps.

Bogues03
10-17-2017, 07:41 PM

I'm with you there that mission had me seeing red. My first mistake was trying it at level 3 I couldn't get past the combat part of it.

RedSpider
10-17-2017, 08:30 PM
I'm with you there that mission had me seeing red. My first mistake was trying it at level 3 I couldn't get past the combat part of it.

The combat stuff was fine, it was the flag one that drove me up the wall.

To be honest, that was just shoddy design. Unity's parkour system wasn't designed to be as precise as previous games (it favors fluidity over being able to choose individual handholds) yet in that one mission, and nowhere else in the game, you're required to leap from platform to platform with extreme precision to collect those flags, with very little control over the height of Arno's jumps.

Absolutely. Most of my failures were down to Arno jumping over something instead of onto it, jumping on the floor, climbing/latching/hanging instead of jumping over etc.

gathabadi
10-18-2017, 05:46 AM
Black Flag: Tackling the sage from above. pffff.... schools9 (https://wp.me/P9bau2-1w/" rel="dofollow)

gathabadi
10-18-2017, 05:50 AM
Raise the Black Flag and Nothing is true
Defeating the Brig is too hard and going undetected without killing is quite impossible. schools9 (https://wp.me/P9bau2-1w/)

Bogues03
10-18-2017, 04:23 PM
The combat stuff was fine, it was the flag one that drove me up the wall.

Absolutely. Most of my failures were down to Arno jumping over something instead of onto it, jumping on the floor, climbing/latching/hanging instead of jumping over etc.

I actually figured out a path on the flags that work. The key is to build up as much time as you can at the start.

I think my problem with the combat was I was level 3 and I didn't have enough smoke bombs and my weapon wasn't strong enough yet.

RedSpider
10-18-2017, 07:20 PM
I actually figured out a path on the flags that work. The key is to build up as much time as you can at the start.

I developed a 'system' of sorts in the end, which helped me eventually. But I'd forgotten it by the time I came to replay the game :p

Bogues03
10-18-2017, 08:08 PM
I developed a 'system' of sorts in the end, which helped me eventually. But I'd forgotten it by the time I came to replay the game :p
Yea the key on the flags is getting those flags up high on the outside corners without spending too much time on them.

Bogues03
11-07-2017, 09:04 PM
I thought of another difficult mission I didn't see listed.

ACR Decommissioned

I was playing this mission the other day I forgot how hard it was to take no damage. It may just be me but I always struggle with this one.

cawatrooper9
11-07-2017, 09:09 PM
I thought of another difficult mission I didn't see listed.

ACR Decommissioned

I was playing this mission the other day I forgot how hard it was to take no damage. It may just be me but I always struggle with this one.

Ah yeah, that's a tough one.

Also, is it too early to say Trial of Anubis should be added to this list? :p

JumpInTheFire13
11-08-2017, 03:17 AM
The tank mission in Brotherhood was the absolute worst. I had 99.7% completion, that was the only thing I had left to get 100%, and it drove me insane.

The objective doesn't even make sense. You have to avoid being hit. If you get hit even once, you have to restart. Well last time I checked, the whole point of being in a tank was that you have the ability to survive being hit

PostTower
08-14-2018, 12:01 PM
I began playing through the Assassin's Creed franchise since the beginning of 2018, started off with AC1, then AC2, B, 3 and so on. Therefore I'll now warm up this thread. I'm now playing ACU. These were the most annoying missions for me:

ACII: The port authoriy of the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC (already installed for PC) was pretty tough unless you know how exactly to do it. Vistazione secret was quite a challenge too, but fair after all.

ACB: Getting 100% synch at the mission Crepi Il Lupo was a pain in the ***. It's the mission where you have to fend off the followers of Romulus without being hit. The eight minutes time run in the Romulus mission "Wolves among the dead" was very tough and it took me many attempts. The Tank and flying machine were also annoying but for very different reason: Brotherhood as well as Revelations remembers when you failed the optional objective and you can't try again without replaying the whole mission. As a result, you have to play all that sneaking stuff of these missions again. I call that a "serious design error" which only caused frustration.

ACR still was far easier with the optional objectives. It was pretty hard to get the "Impress Warren Vidic" trophy, but that's about it. Nah, almost. The 100% objective in the master assassin mission "The Champion, Part 2" was pretty hard. IYou have to protect the Herald from incoming waves of enemies and if he gets hit even once, the objective is failed. You can use stink bombs to keep them at distance but sometimes they even managed to get past this cloud. I pretty much used up all 25 stink bombs in this mission.

ACIII: Yeah, there were quite some missions. First of all was the "Complete all constrains in one playthrough" requirement, which added a lot of frustration. Beside that, the mission "Something to Remember", where you take control of an eagle and have to avoid oncoming obstacles sucked beyond belief. I dont remember how often I tried again, but I got pretty much used to the "Reload from last Checkpoint" option.
The optional objectives at the Battle of Bunker Hill were frustrating.
And then there was "The Giant and the Storm". This was my most frustrating experience in the whole AC franchise so far, since I've had a fully upgraded Aquila. It drove me mad. It was somehow based on luck to expose the gunpowder storages rather than fighting strategy. Don't ask me how I managed to do it, but I still wasn't very happy after getting the optional objective due to the fact that I just had plain luck in that playthrough.

The AC3 DLC The Tyranny of King Washington was hard and the first chapter was quite depressive. You're alone, lost in the snow and the only living entities you encounter want to kill you - like all those wolves or bluecoats (and they immediately surrounded you with about 15 men once you got spotted).

ACIV: I dont remember any optional objectives too hard to finish, but I do remember the annoyingly high amount of tailing missions. It was too much. I'm also very disappointed that - and I know this is quite off-topic, but I need to mention that - you cant unlock the community challenge rewards anymore. Its not that much annoying that you can't unlock these items anymore, but they leave some permanently greyed-out menu entries in your inventory. This makes the game feel somehow "unfinished" despite having 100% sync.

Rogue: The epic legendary ship was a freaking hard fight. Frustrating, but also quite "epic" as the name says. Still glad that I've done it. For all games since AC4, I'm very happy that they limited optional objectives just to the main story missions. In fact, I don't like this feature at all. Glad they got rid of it in Origins.

cawatrooper9
08-14-2018, 02:29 PM
I began playing through the Assassin's Creed franchise since the beginning of 2018, started off with AC1, then AC2, B, 3 and so on. Therefore I'll now warm up this thread. I'm now playing ACU.

Nice! That's a pretty legit marathon, especially since it sounds like you're doing a lot more than just the main story content.

Yeah, the Port Authority mission in AC2 is tough. Definitely feels a little like you have to break the game's idea of stealth to do it, a little.

PostTower
08-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Nice! That's a pretty legit marathon

Jep, I started with the games and played them in order of their release date so far. This way, I experienced the development of the AC franchise all the way from the first game, learned about positive and negative things along the games. I usually always played until 100% progression (DLC's included) before heading over to the next game. It's the first time I've ever done that and it teaches a lot of how the franchise's style and the gaming industry changed over time. My favourite examples are the time saver maps. Available for in-game currency since ACII and Brotherhood, you actually have to spend Helix credits on them in AC Unity. Not very happy that - a formerly free (of real-world cash) item now cost you money. I dont completely dislike the micropayment system however. You also get Helix credits during first gameplay and the boosters can be quite helpful (just used it once however).

When it comes to Unity, I dont remember any really hard mission although since the combat system has been changed, it was quite hard to fend off all the guards. Climbing up the buildings to escape also wasn't easy because the average buildings in Unity are quite high and they shoot you down before you make it up to the roof. Its far easier just to run down the street and take a turn. The optional objective of the last "Dead Kings DLC" - dont get into open conflict - was quite complicated. Also the map in Unity was full of treasures - it took me ages to collect all of them.

I'm currently at about 75% progression and all story missions are done. Next game will be obviously Syndicate and I'm already looking forward for the single-player orientation of this game: multiplayer is absolutely not my style of gaming.

sevensince
04-05-2019, 03:44 AM
Assassin's Creed Rogue ****ed it all up for me with that infamous Epic Legendary Ship (SF) battle.
I was enjoying that game until that bit and just left it be without completing whole game.

I doubt whoever came with that battle idea is aware of what playability is. Other than that, all quests in all AC titles are playable with a medium to none difficulty.

DeadlyTowersSux
04-06-2019, 03:03 AM
Is it just me, or did some of the optional objectives in AC3 seem contradictory? Especially the one preceding the Battle of Bunker Hill, where you had to air-assassinate the Grenadier, a quite conspicuous assassination, while ALSO remaining undetected?

Also, the final Legendary Ship Battle in Rogue... good GOD I hated that fight! I lost count of how many times I failed that before I finally won. There was a silver lining though; it seemed that the game almost sensed how frustrated (and near insane) I was getting, because in the final failed attempt before I finally won, I encountered a hilarious glitch wherein Shay was flung several miles into the air upon dying, la the Skyrim Giant Glitch 😂

Lufros
04-07-2019, 03:19 AM
Great thread, it brought back old memories from where I was playing the oder titles.
I'll be honest, I never cared for the optional objectives except if I got them by accident or if the objective sounded kinda fun.
There was one thing I hated the most in AC: Black Flag: the underwater levels. The level structures were confusing, enemies were everywhere, the controls were sluggish. Overall a pretty bad experience. I didn't even try the optional objectives, I just wanted to get this over with.