PDA

View Full Version : Refund from Green Man Gaming

Rlec
10-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Ubisoft will you refund those who didnt buy from STEAM. I bought from Green Man Gaming. They dont have a refund policy that covers broken games. Please back your product and give me my money back.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Ubisoft will you refund those who didnt buy from STEAM. I bought from Green Man Gaming. They dont have a refund policy that covers broken games. Please back your product and give me my money back.

You don't buy from one company and expect to go back to a completely different company to get your money back. Take the fight to GMG.

mtzstf
10-04-2015, 12:34 AM
That's one misleading and tabloid-like sounding title

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 01:44 AM
That's one misleading and tabloid-like sounding title

Really, i just wandered over to steam for a looksie, perhaps you should do the same. Whether people are asking for their money back is a different story but have a look at the reviews. This place has nothing on whats going on over there, the game is getting pounded & deservedly so. Anyone trying to defend this title is a is being payed off. This game is too broken for anyone to say otherwise.

wolfing1
10-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Really, i just wandered over to steam for a looksie, perhaps you should do the same. Whether people are asking for their money back is a different story but have a look at the reviews. This place has nothing on whats going on over there, the game is getting pounded & deservedly so. Anyone trying to defend this title is a is being payed off. This game is too broken for anyone to say otherwise.

I defend the game and I'm not being paid. Sure there are bugs, but I've played for over 30 hours and I haven't crashed once and haven't found a campaign breaking bug yet. Give it a couple of patches and this might become the best HoMM since 3.

Sir_Magnetron
10-04-2015, 02:12 AM
I still did not refund, because i hope it will be a good game in 1-4 months. But! I do hope these Dev companies AND Ubisoft can be open and fair. Cause Ubi guys? You have to ban me from forums to keep me silent, i post everyday every week every year, until i have a decent product i spend my money on.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 02:14 AM
I defend the game and I'm not being paid. Sure there are bugs, but I've played for over 30 hours and I haven't crashed once and haven't found a campaign breaking bug yet. Give it a couple of patches and this might become the best HoMM since 3.

No bugs eh, you should buy a lottery ticket with the luck your having. I will agree on it might become the best since HoMM3, it takes everything HoMM3 did & does it better, if only it worked. I'm personally only bashing this game because it's so close to perfection & iv'e waited so long for this game but i can't even play it. It;s not a matter of putting up with some bugs, it is completely unplayable for me & many others. Ubisoft can fix this this, they just need the incentive & if it take a lot of yelling & screaming then i will gladly yell & scream.

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 03:29 AM

Got to remember Steam forums tend to go that way. The forum is built into the client itself, just a click away so it's easier to go there for the complaints. Also remember that people who are happy with the game tends to just play instead of go on forums to voice their issues and discontent, that's why it always seem worse than it really is.

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 03:58 AM
Got to remember Steam forums tend to go that way. The forum is built into the client itself, just a click away so it's easier to go there for the complaints. Also remember that people who are happy with the game tends to just play instead of go on forums to voice their issues and discontent, that's why it always seem worse than it really is.

You can't talk for everybody because Ubisoft didn't optimize nor check compatibility with all windows and computer types ( laptops ) and operating systems nor did they convey that information to graphic card companies, meaning that the game can either work decently up to not work at all depending on ... luck.

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 04:01 AM
You can't talk for everybody because Ubisoft didn't optimize nor check compatibility with all windows and computer types ( laptops ) and operating systems nor did they convey that information to graphic card companies, meaning that the game can either work decently up to not work at all depending on ... luck.

I'm not talking for anybody. I'm just saying how forums go and why Steam gets the most of the people who are angry. I'm not saying anything about any company or if they have problems that are real or if they have not. I'm simply talking about how forums tend to work.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm not talking for anybody. I'm just saying how forums go and why Steam gets the most of the people who are angry. I'm not saying anything about any company or if they have problems that are real or if they have not. I'm simply talking about how forums tend to work.

There are 745 reviews last time i looked & while there is no way i'm gonna go thru them all i have browsed the first 50 or so & every single one was a scathing review, all except one, odds are the other 700 won't be positive either. Stop trying to convince people their is nothing to see here.

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 04:37 AM
There are 745 reviews last time i looked & while there is no way i'm gonna go thru them all i have browsed the first 50 or so & every single one was a scathing review, all except one, odds are the other 700 won't be positive either. Stop trying to convince people their is nothing to see here.

Ubi fanboism will never die

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Odds are he was that 1 shining review as well..

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 04:43 AM

I'm not. What is wrong with you?

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 04:45 AM
Your the think tank, figure it out.

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 04:51 AM
Your the think tank, figure it out.

Just read what I wrote again and you'll see I'm not making any point on if the game is bad or if it has bugs, I'm saying where the focus of the angry people ends up. Where's it's easiest to go to. If Steam had nothing like that, everyone would be here. That has nothing to do with the amount of reviews or angry people. I'm talking about WHERE THEY END UP.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Keep thinking

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Keep thinking

Sorry, I'm done with you now. But I will keep thinking about you, some people are hard to forget.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Sorry, I'm done with you now. But I will keep thinking about you, some people are hard to forget.

Not much of a think tank r u. I'll give u a hint, You have to look beyond the dribble you have posted in this particular thread to the dribble u have posted in every other anti ubisoft thread.

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Sorry, I'm done with you now.
You're done with a lot of people. How dare they complain about a game they can't even run on their computer.

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 05:22 AM
You're done with a lot of people. How dare they complain about a game they can't even run on their computer.

I'm done with them because there's nothing more to say. I'm not going to get into a yes/no discussion when what I mean is already there. I haven't ever said that they shouldn't complain, I don't even see where you got that from. I'm guessing you're so worked up on it because your game isn't working that you percieve everyone saying something about it's not being valid to voice their problems or that they shouldn't be angry.

The only thing I have ever touched that resembles what you're accusing, is that they should put equal effort into getting angry at Limbic, since they are the creators. In short, get angry at both. I hope that is more clear to you now.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 05:26 AM

He really is as short sighted as the suits at Ubisoft, maybe he is one of them, either way i won't forget him for a while myself, he has given me a good chuckle. Think Tank LOL.

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 05:30 AM
Think Tank LOL.

I sent it in a PM to you as well, but you must have missed that. You should read up on what it actually is and not just focusing on what is is called because you think it sounds funny. As for the insults, well that is just how you discuss and that's up to you. No, I'm not affiliated with Ubisoft, nor Limbic.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 05:42 AM
I sent it in a PM to you as well, but you must have missed that. You should read up on what it actually is and not just focusing on what is is called because you think it sounds funny. As for the insults, well that is just how you discuss and that's up to you. No, I'm not affiliated with Ubisoft, nor Limbic.

My brother is completely & socially inept but he has worked in human resources for 30yrs & he genuinely believes it makes him a people expert. You remind me of him, You may be a smart guy but you cannot see the bleedin obvious.

broui
10-04-2015, 05:45 AM

Yes, I'm totally being PAID off.

Yet another straw man argument from people who long on hyperbole and short on evidence. The vast majority of those criticizing H7 over at Steam have played for less than an hour - hardly credible.

The game is buggy. Most made since Windows XP was new have been buggy upon release. It's the nature of things anymore. A myriad of computers built by a myriad of companies with a myriad of different hardware and even a wide assortment of OS. To expect a game to come out for a PC and be as bug free as a Nintendo game (exclusively made for their own consoles) is dumb almost to the point of being dangerous.

This thread began with a title suggesting people are asking for and getting refunds in droves. No evidence is provided except an anecdotal account of the comments in the forums, which is not evidence at all but people talking smack. These self same people also provide little evidence, such as copies of confirmation of refunds much less a way to fact check the number of people. It's just talk.

Thus far I've played 35 hours according to Steam. Number of crashes? Zero. None. Bubkiss. The editor isn't working for me yet, but I expect they mean what they say when they tell us a fix is on the way so I'm not bent out of shape about it. Everything works. The gliding rather than galloping mounts don't make the game unplayable and could hardly lend support to the argument that the game is "broken" which it isn't.

I do have a stake though but it isn't getting paid off which is a childish comment. The stake I have is the time I've spent here and at the SC trying to support in whatever way I can. The stakes for me also include this becoming less buggy so my family and I can enjoy the game better. And as a fan of this series since it was originally released 20 years ago, the stakes are simply that I want to see expansions and see this series continue.

What, I wonder, are the stakes for someone who bashes its current condition having so limited a playing time?

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 06:32 AM
Yes, I'm totally being PAID off.

Yet another straw man argument from people who long on hyperbole and short on evidence. The vast majority of those criticizing H7 over at Steam have played for less than an hour - hardly credible.

The game is buggy. Most made since Windows XP was new have been buggy upon release. It's the nature of things anymore. A myriad of computers built by a myriad of companies with a myriad of different hardware and even a wide assortment of OS. To expect a game to come out for a PC and be as bug free as a Nintendo game (exclusively made for their own consoles) is dumb almost to the point of being dangerous.

This thread began with a title suggesting people are asking for and getting refunds in droves. No evidence is provided except an anecdotal account of the comments in the forums, which is not evidence at all but people talking smack. These self same people also provide little evidence, such as copies of confirmation of refunds much less a way to fact check the number of people. It's just talk.

Thus far I've played 35 hours according to Steam. Number of crashes? Zero. None. Bubkiss. The editor isn't working for me yet, but I expect they mean what they say when they tell us a fix is on the way so I'm not bent out of shape about it. Everything works. The gliding rather than galloping mounts don't make the game unplayable and could hardly lend support to the argument that the game is "broken" which it isn't.

I do have a stake though but it isn't getting paid off which is a childish comment. The stake I have is the time I've spent here and at the SC trying to support in whatever way I can. The stakes for me also include this becoming less buggy so my family and I can enjoy the game better. And as a fan of this series since it was originally released 20 years ago, the stakes are simply that I want to see expansions and see this series continue.

What, I wonder, are the stakes for someone who bashes its current condition having so limited a playing time?

My payed off comment was born out of frustration & you r right, i shouldn't have said it but i am truly suspicious of anyone who says all they are experiencing is a few minor niggles on an otherwise completely broken game. I have played H7 on 2 gaming machines & the game is borked on both of them, that is all the evidence i need thankyou. This argument about a myriad of different machines & compatability woes does not wash with me anymore either, nor should it with you, it may have been true back in the day but we have come along way since Windows XP . I put 25hrs into this game & can assure you i had much worse problems than gliding rather than galloping mounts, if you think that is what people are screaming over then you are as delusional as wintermist, Ubisoft have have even released cheat codes to alleviate AI issues for crying out loud, how pathetic is that. One thing we can all agree on is we want this series to continue but first & foremost alot us us just want to be able to play the game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Hi Guys, as this thread has become personal and misleading, I am closing it.

Thank you for you understanding.