PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft's GREED, POOR MANAGEMENT and LACK OF SUPPORT killed Might&Magic

Pankratz1980
10-03-2015, 05:56 PM
The problem with Ubisoft - when it comes to the Might & Magic franchise - can be summarized like this:
"here developer X, you'll get a shoestring budget, a tight schedule to finish the game, there'll be no marketing push whatsoever, but we want approximately 0,5-1 million copies sold per entry or the franchise will be killed off"

This is what happened to Might&Magic X, the RPG branch of the series. It was great (especially considering the circumstances), but enjoyed zero marketing, was clearly rushed to the market (the majority of bugs got ironed out eventually, but it was too late...) and visually, you could see Limbic had to cut corners wherever they could. The result? It sold rather badly and Ubisoft has gone on record saying M&M XI won't ever be made. Period.

And now it comes to this... The same story. Heroes VII. The potential is huge, it clearly shows promise. But... Ludicrously small budget (they had to recycle so much from Heroes VI in terms of models, everything lacks polish, especially the UI), no marketing push, no support - all these things combined are bound to kill the game off. The sales clearly are rather bad (check the Steam charts), you can be sure it's THE LAST HEROES GAME.

... AND UBISOFT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, AND UBISOFT ALONE. The fanbase is there, but one can't expect games to sell well without investing the resources necessary to provide a quality product that is up to modern standards.
Is the Ubisoft management so oblivious to such obvious rules? What, they expected M&MX and Heroes VII to sell on name alone?

Might & Magic is dead, folks. IGNORANT GUYS IN SUITS KILLED IT. NOT THE FANS.

MrD69
10-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Shame that the best franchise (imo) is now ruined by the worst company (absolute truth.) What happened to Ubisoft shame! H5 was great. Ohh right that was years ago before .... wait WHY THE HELL DID IT GO DOWN HILL ANYWAYS. No excuse for the company acting the way it does today.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Indeed. Ubisoft does not even want to make a quality game. Everything is bound to go downhill from there.

c00l8e4ns
10-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Speaking of lack of support:

Emailed the the other day inquiring about my inability to have the editor open (surprisingly they responded lol) and they said that the game is unsupported on laptops and thus I should get some other system that meets the minimum requirements and play on that...

I'm a university student kinda need a laptop, don't really need a desktop, plus I can launch the game and play perfectly fine, its just the editor doesn't finish loading ever.

Crayno
10-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Hear,hear!
I'm glad I learned my lesson after having bought what was pretty much an early beta version of HOMM6.
Hopefully they sell the franchise to a Publisher that wants to publis quality games

nllsq
10-03-2015, 10:05 PM
When you purchase the rights to an existing, well-established game, you are not only an Owner, but also a Steward of that game. The public will be shocked if a billionaire purchases a 200-year old masterpiece painting and burns it. There will be protests and even more serious consequences for depriving the world of its cultural treasure. The people who have been playing the series for nearly two decades, consider HOMM II and HOMM III the equivalent of a masterpiece.

Ubisoft, when you bought the rights to the game, you deprived the rest of the world from developing the franchise and became the sole proprietor, custodian, and steward of the game. If you are not capable or willing to be a be a good Steward of the game, please divest from the IP and let a more responsible party take over. This is not "just business." This is not like buying a competing grocery store for the purpose to just shut it down. Here. we are talking about a unique game that is a part of the cultural heritage of the gaming world.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Might and Magic was dead the moment Ubisoft bought it.

ArqaneX
10-04-2015, 07:38 AM
Actually, Might and Magic was already dead for a good few years before Ubi bought it. Assuming that no other company would reboot the franchise, at least they did *something* with it.

And I wouldn't say it's 100% Ubisoft's fault, though they have a large part of the blame. Limbic got an engine, the art assets, and the lore directly from 2 other titles (5 and 6), along with whatever parts they wanted to use from the old franchise. They knew that they'd have a small budget and short time frame. Unless Ubi was really pushing for a very specific game, they aimed too high.

Everyone knows about Ubi by this point. In order to make a good game with their quick cash over quality policy, they need a dev leader who is much better at allocating the few resources they get to turn it into something good. That's a lot harder to find these days compared to the 80s/90s game companies.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 08:35 AM
I hope Ubi do the right thing & fix the game properly in a timely manner,it's all we can hope for at the moment. A lot of the shortcuts that have been integrated into the game however will never be improved, Static cut scenes & in game info, they could at least given us spell information. Omissions like that just prove Limbic weren't given the needed resources. It's a real shame but the game can still be really good if all involved pull their finger out.

kerbner
10-04-2015, 08:46 AM
This game still has potentials to be good... provided they fix the bugs (especially the memory hog that provokes crashes on loading saves and those RMG related)
I believe it can even be better than H5, my personal favorite.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Hi Guys, The team is currently working a first patch and we will keep you updated on our progress on this matter in the upcoming week. Our objective is to tackle on this update emergency topics such as:
Multiplayer desync, Global performances, Broken script in campaigns, Save/Load issues, Balancing and more to be confirmed.

Three fixes have already been deployed;

A first fix was launched on September 29th around 9PM CEST to increase Win10 compatibility
A second fix was deployed this morning to fix the map Editor
A third fix was released afterwards to fix crashes when launching the game on Laptops

Please keep an eye out for further information on the next patch in the following days.

Thank you

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 10:06 AM
God Speed gentlemen

Pankratz1980
10-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Hi Guys, The team is currently working a first patch and we will keep you updated on our progress on this matter in the upcoming week. Our objective is to tackle on this update emergency topics such as:
Multiplayer desync, Global performances, Broken script in campaigns, Save/Load issues, Balancing and more to be confirmed.

A first fix was launched on September 29th around 9PM CEST to increase Win10 compatibility
A third fix was released afterwards to fix crashes when launching the game on Laptops

Please keep an eye out for further information on the next patch in the following days.

Thank you

Hello Ubi-MoshiMoshi, I appreciate the hard work of the team at Limbic. I really, really do - from their work on M&MX:Legacy and Heroes VII, you can see they share our love for the franchise and have their hearts in the right place.
It's Ubisoft as a publisher I have a problem with. The company treats such a revered franchise as Might&Magic with utter contempt, it feels like sometimes. Every entry of M&M (be it M&MX or HeroesVII) feels like a budget, rushed release with no proper investment to back the development process, which should not be the case. You can clearly tell Limbic just haven't been granted the resources they should, and that's a crying shame, because both of their games show they have a great understanding of what makes M&M special for many people.

Ubisoft is sitting on a goldmine. They want that gold, but they don't want to invest into getting all the necessary equipment to excavate it. The result? The franchise suffers, and Ubisoft do not get the profit they desire.

MONZUNLTD
10-04-2015, 03:09 PM
unfortunately i have to agree with everything you wrote. ubisoft finally killed the entire might and magic series and i think it won't be able to redeem itself from the launch that heroes 7 was now.. never have i seen such a bugged game. normaly even alpha versions in early access on steam are better then this (tough ofc there are much worse ones too but hell they still are early access alphas).

i'm beyond disappointement now. i think i'll just forget about heroes forever in the near future and just live with the fact that heroes is dead :( finally once and for all..

oh btw i also agree that ONLY ubisoft is to blame for this because limbic in my opinion showed that they are capable of making the best heroes game ever. gameplaywise heroes 7 is superb but the state it is currently in killed the game and entire series in my opinion. the game is far from a decent releaseable state and it also won't be even after one or 2 patches within the next weeks..

Ubisoft is sitting on a goldmine. They want that gold, but they don't want to invest into getting all the necessary equipment to excavate it. The result? The franchise suffers, and Ubisoft do not get the profit they desire.

one of the truest comments i've read in this forum so far.. i agree to 150% with this comment. unfortunately its too late fo heroes 7 now because its already done.. its released and theres no going back from this..

ubisoft would have 2 options.. either go through all of this right now and burry the series forever (at least i seriously hope that if ubisoft does a heros 8 it will be the biggest most unprofitable flop in their history because ubisoft deserves only this..) or take a hit once and take the game from the market to fix it like warner did with batman arkham knight.. ofc this will never ever happen, but this would be at least a chance for this series to survive..

though overall i think it would be best to burry the series like ea did with many series.. it would be better then releasing another ******** heroes alpha in 3-4 years and then another and another and another because this is whats going to happen.

lunchmuncher1
10-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Just think about it - they announced Assassins Creed Unity on release date wasn't going to be supported except for Dead Kings because it was already in production.

Remember this fiasco -"Because of the high amount of initial bugs, Ubisoft issued an apology; season pass sales were suspended, current season pass holders were offered a free digital copy of one of several recent Ubisoft games, and announced that the game's first downloadable content campaign would be made available for free." This did us no good since we had all the games they offered so we lost money on this as well. So now this is twice Ubisoft with no fair treatment. This is the main reason we will be canceling our pre-order for Syndicate/PS4 to be burned a third time.

Urviech
10-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Ubisoft should learn from blizzard, finish the game and than go Online

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 05:37 PM

Like World of Warcraft?

QA_Vorchun
10-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Yeah, just like World of Warcraft, no wait, that was seriously much worse.
No it wasn't, the only problem w/ WoW at launch is that blizz hugely underestimated demand and didn't get enough servers. How much ubi pays you to make such lol worthy comments?

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 05:55 PM
No it wasn't, the only problem w/ WoW at launch is that blizz hugely underestimated demand and didn't get enough servers. How much ubi pays you to make such lol worthy comments?

It didn't stop with server overloads, and every expansion since then has introduced new bugs that later had to be fixed. It happens to everyone so just accept it. It happens.

There's no point glorifying Blizzard because it happens to them too.

Why do I need to get paid to state the facts? It's readily out there for you, ready to read for yourself.

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I don't think you can't compare any Ubisoft game to WoW. At least Blizzard has the capability to create a MMORPG, something Ubisoft never did in their 25 years of publishing.

Urviech
10-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Like Starcraft, diabolo, wow, heroes of the Storm
Every single game got many beta test.

On ubisoft´s side: anno2205 beta cancelt, Heroes7 the Cd is out befor the 2nd beta starts.

drfnord
10-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Hello Ubi-MoshiMoshi, I appreciate the hard work of the team at Limbic. I really, really do - from their work on M&MX:Legacy and Heroes VII, you can see they share our love for the franchise and have their hearts in the right place.
Wait, these are the same people who made Legacy? Then the drop in quality really doesn't make any sense.

Pankratz1980
10-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Wait, these are the same people who made Legacy? Then the drop in quality really doesn't make any sense.

Unless you factor in the time constraints and pitiful budget Limbic have been forced to work with.
I loved M&MX Legacy, clearly a labour of love, but man, you could tell how little money Limbic received to develop that game... Not to mention it wasn't advertised anywhere, like, at all. No wonder it didn't sell. The fact it had its share of bugs on release (which got patched, luckily) didn't help, either.

MONZUNLTD
10-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Unless you factor in the time constraints and pitiful budget Limbic have been forced to work with.
I loved M&MX Legacy, clearly a labour of love, but man, you could tell how little money Limbic received to develop that game... Not to mention it wasn't advertised anywhere, like, at all. No wonder it didn't sell. The fact it had its share of bugs on release (which got patched, luckily) didn't help, either.

yeah well. the same (but even much worse) happened and is happening to homm7 right now. at least one can hope it will be fixed with patches in the future. but even if it will be i will never buy an ubisoft game again. seriously. i already only bought ubisoft games very rarely but now i will just skip all those games i'm interested in like trackmania turbo or the new anno (actually i'll skip this one especially ^^) or for honour. ubisoft really made it on my publisher blacklist and its very hard to make it on this list because i'm VERY forgiving :D so far only one publisher was on my blacklist (warner bros.) and after 3 years i kinda loosened up and started buying warner bros games again, BUT only through keysellers ehehhee ^^ because i'm not giving warner bros a single cent more then they deserve ^^ with ubisoft i won't be able to buy through keysellers because i'm only buying ubisoft games on steam (i don't have a single one outside of steam and never intended to buy a uplay/standalone game outside of steam from ubisoft) and therefore i think i'll never buy an ubisoft game again :D

and i blame them and only them because i forgave sooo much in the past and i'm really one of the most forgiving persons possible when it comes to games, but even for me it can go too far and with THIS release it went to far. its worse then most early access games on steam.

thats unexcusable and in terms of reputation unfixable

kerbner
10-04-2015, 10:25 PM

LOL NO. Blizzard is awful.
They released Diablo III 3 years ago and as we speak the balancing of the game is really terrible.
Only 2-3 of the 6 classes are playable and the servers lag horribly.
Not to mention that the game is full of bots and exploits.

At least on this forum we have an active community manager, while on blizzard's forums you'll die from old age before you see a constructive staff post.

drfnord
10-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Sure, but as a software contractor, why did Limbic lower their standards to work under those conditions?

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Sure, but as a software contractor, why did Limbic lower their standards to work under those conditions?

Offer and demand. I suppose they weren't booked so they took the job.

sobaka770
10-05-2015, 12:04 AM
LOL NO. Blizzard is awful.
They released Diablo III 3 years ago and as we speak the balancing of the game is really terrible.
Only 2-3 of the 6 classes are playable and the servers lag horribly.
Not to mention that the game is full of bots and exploits.

At least on this forum we have an active community manager, while on blizzard's forums you'll die from old age before you see a constructive staff post.

What?? I'm pretty sure that the latest patch and the overall expansion for Diablo 3 have almost universal acclaim. They really turned the game around since release.
I also have no idea what you're taling about with servers and classes, this is not a competitive game, you can play whatever class you want, and they are all viable. If Ubisoft had at least a grain of Blizzard's philosophy regarding quality-control and games in general, we would've been having another great Heroes game.

KaynaCrous
10-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Most people whining about Blizzard are whining about one or two problem short of perfection. It's not the same than whining about a game that keeps crashing when you start it. Blizzard had some bugs, yes, but clearly not as many as Ubisoft and they fix their bugs very quickly. Comparing Blizzard with Ubisoft is laughable.

disturbed338
10-05-2015, 12:15 AM
I'm having flashbacks from Disciples 3...

kerbner
10-05-2015, 01:04 AM
What?? I'm pretty sure that the latest patch and the overall expansion for Diablo 3 have almost universal acclaim. They really turned the game around since release.
I also have no idea what you're taling about with servers and classes, this is not a competitive game, you can play whatever class you want, and they are all viable. If Ubisoft had at least a grain of Blizzard's philosophy regarding quality-control and games in general, we would've been having another great Heroes game.

It seems it is you that has no idea what you're talking about. Either that, or you're a casual p200 playing public games like a scrub.

Look at this, does that seem balanced to you ? :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/rankings/season/4/rift-team-4

There's only 3 of the 6 classes represented on the first page of the leaderboard

Saying the game is not competitive is simply not true. (unless you thought "competitive" meant e-sport ?)
You're gonna get kicked from party or not chosen to be in a group if you're not playing the flavour of the month class, as people want to achieve the highest GR. (Sure if you're a scrub playing T7 all the time it doesn't matter)

It's obvious you never even did a higher GR or you would have noticed the blatant problems with the balancing or the servers.
Just stop talking if you're a casual, or post your profile to back up your claims, to see if you have actually had some real experience with the game.

Most people whining about Blizzard are whining about one or two problem short of perfection. It's not the same than whining about a game that keeps crashing when you start it. Blizzard had some bugs, yes, but clearly not as many as Ubisoft and they fix their bugs very quickly. Comparing Blizzard with Ubisoft is laughable.

I guess some people just have a terrible memory.
Ask google about Diablo 3 "Error 37" for months after release : You couldn't even log-in to the game !
It was one of the worst launch in history of gaming along with Sim City's reboot. (thanks to the always online DRM for both games)
How's that not worse ?

KaynaCrous
10-05-2015, 01:39 AM
Ask google about Diablo 3 "Error 37" for months after release : You couldn't even log-in to the game !
It was one of the worst launch in history of gaming along with Sim City's reboot. (thanks to the always online DRM for both games)
How's that not worse ?

Haha. Ah man! Just picture Ubisoft making a game with hundreds of thousands of players logging online, could they even fix the problem? I kind of doubt it! Hahaha! If Diablo 3 was owned by Ubisoft, the bug would still exist today! Just like the desync bug in Heroes 6 that's been plaguing us for the last 3 years.

sobaka770
10-05-2015, 01:42 AM
It seems it is you that have no idea what you're talking about. Either that, or you're a casual p200 playing public games like a scrub.

Look at this, does that seem balanced to you ? :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/rankings/season/4/rift-team-4

There's only 3 of the 6 classes represented on the first page of the leaderboard

Saying the game is not competitive is simply not true. (unless you thought "competitive" meant e-sport ?)
You're gonna get kicked from party or not chosen to be in a group if you're not playing the flavour of the month class, as people want to achieve the highest GR. (Sure if you're a scrub playing T7 all the time it doesn't matter)

It's obvious you never even did a higher GR or you would have noticed the blatant problems with the balancing or the servers.
Just stop talking if you're a casual, or post your profile to back up your claims, to see if you have actually had some real experience with the game.

How's that not worse ?

I don't know how are you playing, mate, but I think that if you're at that level of playing Diablo 3 where you get kicked out of parties because you chose the wrong class, then you're missing the point of the game. You're also probably in the 0.1% of the people who actually play Diablo 3, so maybe your opinion on its state should not be taken into account. The devs told many times that this game is not balanced for PvP and it sure as hell not balanced for every combination of legendary loot you can acquire in PvE.

If I'm at the point of only obtaining some sets and getting some rare legendaries doesn't make me or anyone a "scrub", it makes me an average target player. Diablo 3 is a game about farming loot and killing monsters in the most fun/explosive way possible, that's how and why it sells. It also has a very low slash close-to-non-existent skill cap where the amount of time spent is pretty much the only guarantee of success. So, good job on wasting your life on collecting digital rewards, now please, stop the elitist ad hominems. The game is fine for 99% of people now, the bugs it had got fixed, and Blizzard showed treemendous commitment to the game with patching, new additions, Paragon Levels, removal of Auction House etc. etc. From recent Ubisoft treatment of Heroes franchise, I'm afraid such commitment will not be the case for Heroes 7 and that's the real issue here. As I said, if only Ubisoft had a grain of Blizzard's commitment and vision...

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 08:28 AM
The problem with Ubisoft - when it comes to the Might & Magic franchise - can be summarized like this:
"here developer X, you'll get a shoestring budget, a tight schedule to finish the game, there'll be no marketing push whatsoever, but we want approximately 0,5-1 million copies sold per entry or the franchise will be killed off"

This is what happened to Might&Magic X, the RPG branch of the series. It was great (especially considering the circumstances), but enjoyed zero marketing, was clearly rushed to the market (the majority of bugs got ironed out eventually, but it was too late...) and visually, you could see Limbic had to cut corners wherever they could. The result? It sold rather badly and Ubisoft has gone on record saying M&M XI won't ever be made. Period.

And now it comes to this... The same story. Heroes VII. The potential is huge, it clearly shows promise. But... Ludicrously small budget (they had to recycle so much from Heroes VI in terms of models, everything lacks polish, especially the UI), no marketing push, no support - all these things combined are bound to kill the game off. The sales clearly are rather bad (check the Steam charts), you can be sure it's THE LAST HEROES GAME.

... AND UBISOFT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, AND UBISOFT ALONE. The fanbase is there, but one can't expect games to sell well without investing the resources necessary to provide a quality product that is up to modern standards.
Is the Ubisoft management so oblivious to such obvious rules? What, they expected M&MX and Heroes VII to sell on name alone?

Might & Magic is dead, folks. IGNORANT GUYS IN SUITS KILLED IT. NOT THE FANS.

First off, care to tell me where you got all the insider info on what the budget and the schedule looked like? What if it was the devs who were inexperienced or failed to stick to it. Maybe they shouldn't have picked up such an ambitious project if they couldn't handle it, or at least manage it well enough.
See CDPR and their witcher series, they also had their own share of failures, but people mostly forgot about them. They failed, overdrawn their budget, went over the schedule, and almost had to close up from what i know, but they knew it came from their inexperience, and it was their own fault. So they learned from it and the next time did not repeat the mistake.

Its easy to blame Ubisoft on everything, when they had the least to do with the game. The ******* intro site is still not finished. And i bet that ubistoft twisted the devs and whoevers arm to keep the website in an unfinished state. Imo, it was a management issue, whoever ran the whole project, was terrible at managing the time and resources. And ****, it happens, noone is born a master.

Also the fans? They are a joke, a ****ing joke. I argued with someone who was trashing certain things from homm 7 while praising how homm 3 was superior in those aspects. Joke is, the things he was trashing were taken from homm 3 and 5. Homm fans, while i know many wish well for the series, are way too passionate for their own good at times, and blinded by nostalgia, or simply don't know what they want.

GalaadleHaut
10-05-2015, 10:53 AM
1. Ubisoft is publisher, Ubisoft is responsible. Also from Team who screws up. Everything is going particularly bad since h6.
2. Elements from h3 or h5 in h7 are so badly implemented into h7 they are a disgrace.
3. Enough of the nostalgia strawman argument, we just need people who are not incults developing the series is all. Starting with head of creative direction and people in charge of game design.
4. More budget. No one likes reused assets, poor performance and broken vanilla.

MONZUNLTD
10-05-2015, 01:17 PM
1. Ubisoft is publisher, Ubisoft is responsible. Also from Team who screws up. Everything is going particularly bad since h6.
2. Elements from h3 or h5 in h7 are so badly implemented into h7 they are a disgrace.
3. Enough of the nostalgia strawman argument, we just need people who are not incults developing the series is all. Starting with head of creative direction and people in charge of game design.
4. More budget. No one likes reused assets, poor performance and broken vanilla.

actually i might be the only one but i absolutely don'T care about reusing assets. i even like it !!

i just care about 2 things:

1. is the game fun and can it entertain me.. do i like it ?? the answer to all this is YES

2. does this game work without big problems (i can live with a few small bugs..) ?? the answer to this is a big NO NO NO

and thats the problem. if this game would have been polished and optimized without gamebreaking bugs then i would absolutely love it and even consider it to be the best heroes game of them all. well but the reality is the opposite of this.. the game is full of gamebreaking bugs. its missing polishing completely and feels like an alpha version. its missing optimization completely (ram management in this game is worse then i've ever seen and they have the responsibility to fix this to a more normal level.. large maps should fill 6gb ram and not more because its the recommended official spec and large maps should be playable with the recommended settings lol..).

nothing more to say :( ^^

Urviech
10-05-2015, 01:42 PM
it's not about the games compared , but rather as a game goes public .
Mistakes are allowed no one says anything about it , but that the campaign does not work , should not happen in my eyes . lg

Fyrestorme
10-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Hear,hear!
I'm glad I learned my lesson after having bought what was pretty much an early beta version of HOMM6.
Hopefully they sell the franchise to a Publisher that wants to publis quality games

I bet konami acquires it and turns homm into a pachinko game

PewSquare
10-05-2015, 05:02 PM
You might not know it, but money is not magic. Throwing money at something does not make it better.

There are dev teams that made more with less. If a dev is incompetent, no matter how much money you will throw at them you won't get the results you want.

Just look at the disaster between Bobby Kotick and Tim Schaefer. Everyone was pissing on Kotick because he was "cheap" didn't let the devs develop long enough and didn't give the devs enough money apparently. Then he came out with a statement how much of a BS that was, and it was the devs themselves who ****ed up and missed every deadline, and never delivered what they promised so many times, that he was forced to make them push the game out. Now ofc everyone thought this was BS. Except then Tim Schaefer has proven that it was true, 3 times in a ****ing row.

You guys are again looking for a scapegoat, without any facts. If you got facts then speak. If you don't stop blaming and pointing fingers because you are just an embarrassment. So who really ****ed up? The devs? Or ubisoft? Does it even matter at this point? No it does not. What matters now, is who and how will they deal with the fallout. I doubt anyone on this forum wants a ****ty game. And i doubt the devs want a ****ty game either, and neither does ubisoft, good games make them cash. Why the **** would they be ****ting in their own lawn.

Also another dev who ****ed up and the publisher had nothing to do with it. Whoever made arkham for pc... another dev who ****ed up? From software with demons souls on pc (the dev who got schooled by a forumgoer, by fixing their ****up of a game in a few minutes when they failed to do so).

You are forgetting devs are humans, they are not some sort of gods who meld money into games, and the more money you throw at them the better the game becomes. You got ****ty programmers, newbies, and great ones.

What mOnzunLTD says is the best response. What people should look at is, is the game up to their standards, or are they enjoying it? And does it work. Sad fact is that we just are not getting bug free games anymore, and even 20 years ago games had bugs. They better fix the major ones that prevent people from playing. And occasional bug i encounter every 3 hours of gameplay that i can fix in a minute? I don't care about that. And reusing assets? Unless they make the game look graphically very different, there should be no reason why they shouldn't reuse some. Why reinvent the wheel?

cossacking
10-05-2015, 05:41 PM
What matters now, is who and how will they deal with the fallout.

Well, we know how it went with MMH6. There simply were too many bugs, plus NVIDIA dealt a critical hit with a minor performance optimization that rendered MMH6 unplayable.

So I'd guess… EoL MMH7 and announce MMH8?

There's no point in following M&M series any more. MMH8, MMH9. It does not matter at all.

I'll stick around to see how it goes with MMH7 (even though I don't see even a single reason why I should start playing it), but once it EoLs, I'm out.

sobaka770
10-05-2015, 08:26 PM
When the developers use an existing cheap engine (Unreal Engine 3). When half the models in-game have to be reused. When the marketing for the game is almost non-existent.

I think there's enough tangible evidence to assume that the game is severely underfunded. Releasing a game in such state for full price with less than AAA budget is an insult to the loyal fans for whom the game is meant.

Bob__Gnarly
10-05-2015, 09:38 PM
I'll give them a week just to see if they can get it to a playable state. Ie. I can actually load my save games without waiting 15 mins or it not load at all.

If not, then it's refund time.

I bought this simply out of nostalgia, regrets? You bet.
What's the lesson? Don't buy Ubisoft.

lotoreo1
10-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Thank you

So before launch, nobody imagined that "some" people might use win10 by now? ;)