PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Hero Design

Hoo_the_fool
10-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Hello, I've been playing HMM VII with a bit of a disappointment, especially due to its many restrictions of strategies.

The most annoying thing for me is the hero design. A hero can access 10 skills only without any reasonable background, the hero can only obtain Master skill for 6 skills only which are randomly pre-determinated, and the hero, finally, can get Grandmaster skill for only two skills (even a skill is an unique skill based on where he/she belongs to), yeah, with randomly pre-determinated, too.

Because of the poor design, a hero can be played with few strategy. It's obviously better to change these senseless assigned things into the limit of accessible numbers, i.e., a hero can increase their any skills to Master up to 6, and to Grandmaster up to 2. In this way, the variety of strategies could be hugely increased.

Lastly, I honestly think that every hero would be better to get all the skills instead of pre-determinated 10 skills, because it seems that the pre-assigned skills are not fit for each hero at all.

nllsq
10-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I agree that the current skill wheel can benefit from some changes. I'd suggest the removal of the "perfect" tier and incorporating its benefits with the "mater" tier of the skills. Also, it should not cost a skill point to unlock a tier and then another point to pick a skill on it.. A tier should be deemed unlocked when a skill point is spent on a skill located in that tier. Too much of forced specialization of heroes is not good for a strategy game. Let the players choose how to specialize, not the game.

Hoo_the_fool
10-03-2015, 07:47 PM
I agree that the current skill wheel can benefit from some changes. I'd suggest the removal of the "perfect" tier and incorporating its benefits with the "mater" tier of the skills. Also, it should not cost a skill point to unlock a tier and then another point to pick a skill on it.. A tier should be deemed unlocked when a skill point is spent on a skill located in that tier. Too much of forced specialization of heroes is not good for a strategy game. Let the players choose how to specialize, not the game.

I agree with you indeed! The current MMHVII's skill systems are too much regulated.

szpeniu
10-03-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't know, for me it is quite good. It is a fact that you need many skill points to master something and of course, there are some branches that are superior to another but in that way it is not super easy.

eternalsoul201
10-04-2015, 12:37 AM
I don't know, for me it is quite good. It is a fact that you need many skill points to master something and of course, there are some branches that are superior to another but in that way it is not super easy.

the skill tree is complete ****in garbage, yeah tilt your head sideways to pick a variety of 3,2, useless skill that has little to no affect, you are a dumb dude.