PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy has been too much nerfed from beta ! (Golden-Tongued ability)

Gwydie
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM
The diplomacy skill used to have an ability (expert rank) called Golden-Tongued reducing the gold cost of armies willing to join us to 0 (or was it 75 % as the website mentions? I used to get armies for free on last beta). This was too overpowered, I guess we can all agree about it.

But now, the skill is reducing the gold cost only by 25% making it completely irrelevant imho as we do not like every creature in the army willing to join us, There is not enough incentives making us willing to pay a hefty fee for those armies anymore. A perfect balance would be a reduction of at least 50% in my opinion. This would prevent people from hiring the elite creatures easily and also provide a good help at the early game.

Right now, I feel like it's not worth to invest points in the diplomacy skill anymore neither in the campaigns nor in the skirmish modes. The master ability is good but it is hard to get and not worth it for quick games where every skill point you spend must matter.

TL;DR make the expert skill Golden-Tongued reduce the gold cost of creatures willing to join you by 50% instead of 25%.

Dethcord
10-03-2015, 01:46 PM
No. Even the fact that it's possible for creatures to join you as a full stack with such a huge chance is overpowered. It should be nerfed further, not buffed.

Gwydie
10-04-2015, 10:06 AM
No. Even the fact that it's possible for creatures to join you as a full stack with such a huge chance is overpowered. It should be nerfed further, not buffed.

But the full stack is so expensive that it's not even worth to invest in the skill as you can't accept these creatures aha

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 10:11 AM
But the full stack is so expensive that it's not even worth to invest in the skill as you can't accept these creatures aha

Probably because of the stack growth, it will get expensive the longer you play a map, simply because you get such an insane amounts of units.

That said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to pay for as many as you can afford, and the rest bugger off to the pub. That way you can still make use of the skill, no matter how far into the map you are.

Dethcord
10-04-2015, 01:12 PM
If you can't afford them - click "cancel" and come later to take this pack. As soon as you've built everything you need in your main castle you can easily trade all resources for gold and you'll have more than enough gold to get weekly character growth + you're basically getting "free" creatures just picking them up on the map and giving to your scouts/secondary heroes.

Plus, if you'll pick up some creatures early, ones that will strengthen you alot, you may capture key objectives that will boost you too much - like gold mines, strong artifacts, etc.

malax83
10-04-2015, 04:13 PM

+1

:confused: why is LIMBIC ignoring this feature ? they said they wanna the best of the series so which Heroes (HoMM or MMH) have this kind of diplomacy ? Only H6

HoMM 2,3 diplomacy skill alllow you to join a percentage of creatures,

HoMM 5, this isn t a skill, it s an ability so there s no comparaison.

MMH 6, is working for all creatures (as far as i remember).

So old fan base and new fan base are splitted by this (as many of other features, flanking, AK, ....). Decieving the old fans is in the habit of UBI / LIMBIC.