PDA

View Full Version : Mouse rotation

rostsit
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
I know this game has some critical problems and is actually unplayable right now, but there is one minor thing that will leave it unplayable for me even after all major bugs are wiped out.
Mouse rotation.
We are forced to map-rotate by keyboard? In a strategy game? Really??? Heroes VI game was already terrible in this aspect, and now this is stubbornly continued in the next game??? Unbelievable.

kerbner
10-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Yes, right click FULL rotation like in heroes 5 (not those limited rotations you put in game)

MrD69
10-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Yes, right click FULL rotation like in heroes 5 (not those limited rotations you put in game)

IKR and taking out vertical rotation as well mouse. Devs suck! You guys claim to be fans of the game, but are not proving it as simple things like this don't bother you the same way it bothers long time fans of the franchise.

rostsit
10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
So, now my game actually loads without trouble (though is still technically terrible). But now they made even zooming available only via keyboard without any means to switch to mouse???? Are you ****ing kidding me... That's beyond even Heroes 6.

Poppeye21
10-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Mouse rotation.

Why, you just move your wrist to rotate your mouse.

MrD69
10-14-2015, 05:52 PM
So, now my game actually loads without trouble (though is still technically terrible). But now they made even zooming available only via keyboard without any means to switch to mouse???? Are you ****ing kidding me... That's beyond even Heroes 6.

At least the map stays in position. Unlike H6 where it was constantly resetting after being rotated.

bkhmartin
10-14-2015, 09:41 PM
vote for rightclick mouse rotation!!!

rostsit
10-21-2015, 01:13 PM
What about new patches? Did they fix anything regarded to rotation, zooming and camera angles? I won't even bother to update the game if not.

victorash
11-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Before patch 1.4 (and introduced by patch 1.3) I could rotate the camera while holding right mouse button. Now this feature seems not to work anymore (at least for me) and I can rotate only using keyboard.
Holding mouse middle button and dragging the map still works.

osoviejo
11-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Before patch 1.4 (and introduced by patch 1.3) I could rotate the camera while holding right mouse button. Now this feature seems not to work anymore (at least for me) and I can rotate only using keyboard.

Works fine for me. There are some new options regarding rotation--may want to review those.

victorash
11-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Works fine for me. There are some new options regarding rotation--may want to review those.
Yes, now I notice. You have to scroll down for more options that weren't there before. Now it's ok. Thanks
By the way is strange that if you change the speed during the game you save one configuration and you have different configuration in game menu.

kerbner
11-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Mouse rotation was working in the previous patch but with 1.4 it's completely destroyed... Gone !

rickmme
11-07-2015, 08:42 PM
I had to turn the mouse rotation on in options after 1.4, so it's not gone just seems to be off by default.

victorash
11-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Just scroll down in options (GUI). It tricked me also at the beginning

victorash
11-08-2015, 07:50 AM
I just realize that when you use mouse rotation the info mode is still active bringing in all kind of info (about neutrals, buildings, etc) that you don't really search for when you want to rotate. When you want to rotate camera you just rotate it to get a better view. After that you release the right button and search for what you want. So from my point of view tool-tip should be disabled in this case

jfnebraska
11-09-2015, 08:02 PM

Not working for me either.

victorash
11-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Not working for me either.
Problem was solved. Please read all thread. The option to mouse rotation is after you scroll down the menu from GUI

Uheru
11-10-2015, 01:19 PM
So, is it now possible to rotate with the mouse? Can you rotate (more or less) 360 degrees? And what about zooming in, did they improve that too?