PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you, ubisoft!

mrpetrov
10-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Massive HoMM fan here. Enjoyed the first few hours on MMH7, until it became unplayable with the save/load bugs. Frequent crashes, couldn't load games, etc etc etc.

Way to (further) destroy a cherished franchise Ubisoft. You realise good reputations are hard to create, but very easy to destroy?

You guys and the developers you choose have become the laughing stock of the industry. Apologies for the directness of this post, but you need to appreciate you're running your business off a bridge.

bigaxd
10-03-2015, 01:07 PM
have you seen the Steam reviews? it laughable really

not a single postivie review.
Heroes 6 was a masterpiece in comparison to this

this game will probably score at best a 3% approval.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Some game reviews gave this game a 90 / 100 . Others gave the game a 10 / 10 on metacritic before the game was even out. I suspect Ubisoft gives certain popular reviewers a few hundred dollars for a positive reviews, and also suspect certain Ubisoft employees give perfect scores to increased the launch day sales.

bigaxd
10-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Some game reviews gave this game a 90 / 100 . Others gave the game a 10 / 10 on metacritic before the game was even out. I suspect Ubisoft gives certain popular reviewers a few hundred dollars for a positive reviews, and also suspect certain Ubisoft employees give perfect scores to increased the launch day sales.

I agree with you, this is pure corruption and half work.
But word of mouth is strong in this one, I personally did not buy the game, and ALL the people I've encouraged not to buy the game and take a look at what people say beforehand, are extremely happy about it too.

I won't even buy it on a Steam sale, unless, I hear a general consensus that the game has been properly fixed and finished at least. (which I doubt, judging on how more than 90% of the players are brutally disappointed)

Klydon
10-03-2015, 04:27 PM
I pretty much followed the way of bigaxd.

After the experience of 6, I knew 7 was going to be a bug ridden mess. Ubi-soft has demonstrated over and over that quality is not important to them.

Unfortunately they have the rights to the franchise.

Maybe in 6 months this game may be worthwhile, but until then, my friends and I will be staying away.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 04:31 PM
It's like blaming the phone store because your new cell phone didn't work as intended. Ubisoft didn't make this game.

mrpetrov
10-03-2015, 04:40 PM
It's like blaming the phone store because your new cell phone didn't work as intended. Ubisoft didn't make this game.

They are clearly complicit in benefiting from its premature release and are hardly blameless. Let's not get pedantic - everyone involved in the release of H7 should be professionally ashamed of themselves in my view.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 04:49 PM
They are clearly complicit in benefiting from its premature release and are hardly blameless. Let's not get pedantic - everyone involved in the release of H7 should be professionally ashamed of themselves in my view.

Why is it you're only shaming Ubisoft and not also Limbic? I'm not defending anyone for the troubles you have (I didn't have any myself) but atleast put the blame where it should be.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Why is it you're only shaming Ubisoft and not also Limbic? I'm not defending anyone for the troubles you have (I didn't have any myself) but atleast put the blame where it should be.

You have no idea what the concept of a company is or how things are done. The head honcho ( Ubisoft ) gets the profits AND the responsibility. Limbic is the subcontractor and in certain circumstances, should take responsibility if they didn't do their job correctly according to some standards. However, no standards are in place regarding video games. Every contract can be converted in $ per hour, and Ubisoft did not finance Limbic enough. Ubisoft's budget for H7 was half of what it was for H6. Can you blame Limbic for refusing to work for 10 $ an hour? I won't blame them for that.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 10:50 PM
You have no idea what the concept of a company is or how things are done. The head honcho ( Ubisoft ) gets the profits AND the responsibility. Limbic is the subcontractor and in certain circumstances, should take responsibility if they didn't do their job correctly according to some standards. However, no standards are in place regarding video games. Every contract can be converted in $ per hour, and Ubisoft did not finance Limbic enough. Ubisoft's budget for H7 was half of what it was for H6. Can you blame Limbic for refusing to work for 10 $ an hour? I won't blame them for that.

I see already what kind of person you are considering you already stated as a fact that I have no idea what the concept of a (gaming/any) company is or how things are done. There's really not much more to discuss with someone like you. It leads nowhere.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 11:25 PM
I see already what kind of person you are considering you already stated as a fact that I have no idea what the concept of a (gaming/any) company is or how things are done. There's really not much more to discuss with someone like you. It leads nowhere.

It's not like I insulted you personally. Seems like you're taking a quick way out of an argument. Perhaps because I have valid points? Let me give you even more details : Ubisoft may be a company, but since they don't really do any of the job and gives 100 % of the workload to a subcontractor ( Limbic ), then Ubisoft is more like a rich person in this context. Rich people tries to make a buck any time they can. Now, let's say the average price to make the project is 250 000 $. Ubisoft decides they are only willing to pour 125 000 $ in the project. Since the workers knows that it's supposed to be twice that amount, they have two choices : Either they explain to mr Ubisoft that they're supposed to pour twice the amount of $, but that will make Ubisoft look elsewhere, and thus a loss of contract. Or, they can say "yes sir", take the contract, and botch the job, giving mr Ubisoft a 125 000 $ worth result, exactly what mr Ubisoft was willing to pay. Any worker will take the job and botch it instead of refusing it because they know that whoever will take the contract will butch it, since the salary offered is a joke.

Also, every contract can be converted to a $ per hour salary. Blaming Limbic for this failure is like blaming someone for refusing to work at a 5 $ per hour salary. Limbic aren't third world poor workers to be abused ( in fact, nobody should be abused this way ), and the blame lies to Ubisoft which wasn't willing to put the necessary funds in the first place.

Sir_Magnetron
10-03-2015, 11:50 PM
Is this Ubisoft fault? I think not, i think this is Limbic Entertainment fault.

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 12:06 AM

You do not understand the concept of responsibility either. You call a company for a pizza ; the pizza boy wrongfully exchange and delivers two pizza at the wrong address, and you end up with the bacon less pizza ; the pizza boy is not the one that will make you a new pizza, but the company. Even if we can argue it is the pizza boy's fault, the RESPONSIBILITY falls to the pizza company.

Wintermist
10-04-2015, 12:06 AM
It's not like I insulted you personally. Seems like you're taking a quick way out of an argument. Perhaps because I have valid points?

I'm not going to touch your argument but I will give you this information. Since the 90's I've been working as an IT consultant and also contract based projects. I've been head of IT, I've been been part of starting new companies, yes, not just one, I HAVE worked in a gaming company, I've been headhunted for IT jobs (you can google what that means if you don't know), been part of think tanks (you can google this too, if you need to) and things have been going so well I've even moved abroad to continue to work as it.

So yeah, what you wrote can be considered insulting.

Mescalamba2015
10-04-2015, 12:12 AM

Yea you think wrong.

Publisher is responsible for how final game looks. They decide if they release, when they release. Developing company is just trying to work within what they set. Nobody pushed Ubisoft to release bugged mess (and they knew in what state game is). Ubisoft wants only quick cash for as little money invested as possible (thats kinda norm in business world, you want to get most out of your investment).

Obviously issue is that you destroy your good name, your trademark or even franchise in process if you keep doing this for long (just look how deep has fallen WoW or how they were able to destroy franchise with one stupid game - Diablo 3). Those are results of being money hungry cashgrabbers without any intent to make profit in long term.

Limbic might not be perfect, but they apparently did what they were payed for, which wasnt clearly enough not only in terms of money but in terms of time too. You actually can make game rather cheap, if you are willing to wait for it some time.

And in case of MMH7 there was no need to rush, its turn-based strategy and not having newest graphics or such isnt going to turn away hardcore fans. But being ridden with bugs due rushed development might do quite a bit of damage..

But Ubisoft does this on regular basis, as does EA games for example. Those companies are cancer of gaming world.. (and Blizzard could rule them.. cause they are not different).

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 12:15 AM
I'm not going to touch your argument but I will give you this information. Since the 90's I've been working as an IT consultant and also contract based projects. I've been head of IT, I've been been part of starting new companies, yes, not just one, I HAVE worked in a gaming company, I've been headhunted for IT jobs (you can google what that means if you don't know), been part of think tanks (you can google this too, if you need to) and things have been going so well I've even moved abroad to continue to work as it.

So yeah, what you wrote can be considered insulting.

Look. If you want to duck my arguments, duck them. It's your right. From your two replies so far, you have provided zero arguments. Even if you're a doctor in medicine, without at least one sentence of argumentation, I won't be convinced.

eternalsoul201
10-04-2015, 12:25 AM

it doesn't matter what you think, he is right ubisoft is to blame. they ordered the release at an early stage like they did what assassin's creed unity and all the others games you get when you buy from ubisoft , games that are unfinished. bug ridden messed up ****. they don't care about people complaining there idea is to get the games out quickly and fix the bugs in patch releases. your the ****in idiot. since when is releasing games filled with bugs ok. since money became the utmost important thing in this whole wide world. greed is the root of all evil. and these greedy ****in pigs. don't care what they sell you if your buying, they got bags of **** on sale over in isle ten. they must be cheap I saw the owner of ubisoft's mother buying the whole lot, ****in pig.

Sir_Magnetron
10-04-2015, 12:32 AM
I lost all my faith in Limbic since they lied on stream, they said to have tacked all the dsync issues, and someone who play 10m gets that issue. Sorry but i dont believe them anymore...

Shame on you Ubisoft and Limbic

You said this 5 months ago

Since we know you value (rightfully so!) quality, bug-free and kick-*** releases over broken software, we followed our testers’ advice and decided to call it a day, despite a heavy heart and a broken promise to you.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE=Wintermist;11064285 Since the 90's I've been working as an IT consultant and also contract based projects. I've been head of IT, I've been been part of starting new companies, yes, not just one, I HAVE worked in a gaming company, I've been headhunted for IT jobs (you can google what that means if you don't know), been part of think tanks (you can google this too, if you need to) and things have been going so well I've even moved abroad to continue to work as it.

So yeah, what you wrote can be considered insulting.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time, especially the Think Tank part, Bwahhh hhaaaah haaaa. You Funny....

Sir_Magnetron
10-04-2015, 02:09 AM
I think the game is not really working!

anatoliyuv
10-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Good afternoon. Dear developers of Heroes 7, after testing the release of 7 characters did not like a lot of flaws:
1. The storyline is well done. But the meeting of the Board of characters that look like models (not angling could be done in 6 characters), it is a failure. The heroes 6 storyline and animation were done perfectly.
2. Drawing units less than 6 characters.
3. Support only treats units. (which at that washed m) within the same 3 and 5, it revived the units.
4. Many differences in the plot. It seems like the background is 6 characters. But from where it came from Anastasia and blue beak of griffins (Anastasia appears with blue beak, only 6 characters)
5. A lot of flaws on the animation of movement of units and heroes. (running backwards in the front).
6. It seems like 3D, but the camera does not rotate as the 5 heroes. More to understand all the same 6 characters.
PS
1. It was easier to process 6 characters with a slant 3 (add assembly artifacts in 3 characters, weapons as well as the make 3 heroes that they were in sets, rather than dynastic arms "paid" in the 6 heroes.
2. The characters 6 to rework skills at the wheel and the ability to add spell book as presented in 7 character (in fact this is true for processing of 6 characters 3 or 5).
3. Optimization of animation since the game at maximum settings, and the minimum is no different. Neither landscape nor tween.
4. It is not fun to play a campaign starting with the highest lvl character. Background and storyline that's what captures the heroes 3 and 6.
5. System Requirements 7 characters are not advised to quality. (take the same 6 with similar graphics).
6. I hope the next edition of the heroes will come in good re-release. (I would like to reissue all the posts that the characters in the same format, ie: All stories moved to the engine 1 that we could enjoy the passage of the companies on subjects in the style of the characters 6)

bigaxd
10-08-2015, 10:53 AM
I pretty much followed the way of bigaxd.

After the experience of 6, I knew 7 was going to be a bug ridden mess. Ubi-soft has demonstrated over and over that quality is not important to them.

Unfortunately they have the rights to the franchise.

Maybe in 6 months this game may be worthwhile, but until then, my friends and I will be staying away.

good decision. Me and my friends doing the same.

But each day we forget more about it. I really doubt I will ever buy this game tbh