PDA

View Full Version : We really need to be able to Raze

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Have been doing a few skirmish maps and it's becoming a bit annoying. You take a town and you can't convert it to your own faction, this makes me wonder why I even picked a faction to play at all, since I'm still forced to play from whatever other faction I happen to take a town from. That is if you're lucky to get a hero of the same faction or suffer the morale penalty.EDIT: Razing as tearing every level down and finally convert it to your own faction.

EDIT:
Simple as this:

Add an extra button to the UI, enable it when all other buildings have been demolished, this mechanic is already there. Press the button and change the town to your own faction.

If you're worried about multiplayer, it could be an option when you setup the map, Off or On.
Same for normal gameplay, add an option in the settings of the game, where you can alter bobblehead and so on.
A bit of AI additions, which are scripts, could make sure the AI does this when it's advantageous. This requires more brainwork before it's changed. The AI might sometimes want to keep a building for the income alone.

A problem is now as well, the AI runs around with mixed units which gives them a constant -10 morale.

ScuipiciTB
10-03-2015, 05:37 AM
Have been doing a few skirmish maps and it's becoming a bit annoying. You take a town and you can't convert it to your own faction, this makes me wonder why I even picked a faction to play at all, since I'm still forced to play from whatever other faction I happen to take a town from. That is if you're lucky to get a hero of the same faction or suffer the morale penalty.

Old fans hated the idea of converting towns, they said it took away from the game. The devs listened and change it back to how it was. I go again to my point that homm si very divided.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Old fans hated the idea of converting towns, they said it took away from the game. The devs listened and change it back to how it was. I go again to my point that homm si very divided.

Aye, but they could just as easily have added it as an option in the settings. On or Off. Much like the other options there, bobble head, pixelated and Llama and so on.

X-Commando
10-03-2015, 07:37 AM
i didn't even think to buy hmm 6 because of this.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 08:37 AM
that's not something I would like to see to be honest.

There is an interesting option now which I can see it being extremely powerful in multiplayer. The ability to destroy rows of buildings. That will be extremely damaging. other than that, I would not like the raze option at all. The whole point is to be able to protect what you conquer, not just have one strong hero that moves around razing everything.

Razing means being able to convert it to your own faction, for a price. First you have to tear all the levels done to basic. It's not something you do in a turn. The end result isn't a destroyed town, but a converted one to your own faction.

The whole point of picking a faction when you start a map is so you get to play THAT faction, not being forced to play the other ones.

Naturally, you can CHOOSE not to convert it and just play with the new faction town, but most often I really wouldn't want to.

ScuipiciTB
10-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Aye, but they could just as easily have added it as an option in the settings. On or Off. Much like the other options there, bobble head, pixelated and Llama and so on.

It would cost too much resources to implement both these features. They already had a tight budged for this game.

ScuipiciTB
10-03-2015, 10:07 AM
How do you know how much it would cost and what resources they have available ?
No one here knows that other than their project managers. We can discuss ideas and who knows, maybe some of them will be implemented. No harm done.

My point is they didn't have enough budged for it. To implement both town conversion and not seems like an expensive feature, more like a luxury feature. If they were able to do this, they would also be able to make new models for some of the creatures.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 11:52 AM
It's not really such a big job to add to be fair. The mechanic is already used when you convert the fortresses.

Add an extra button to the UI, enable it when all other buildings have been demolished, this mechanic is already there. Press the button and change the town to your own faction.

If you're worried about multiplayer, it could be an option when you setup the map. Off or On.

nllsq
10-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Have been doing a few skirmish maps and it's becoming a bit annoying. You take a town and you can't convert it to your own faction, this makes me wonder why I even picked a faction to play at all, since I'm still forced to play from whatever other faction I happen to take a town from. That is if you're lucky to get a hero of the same faction or suffer the morale penalty.EDIT: Razing as tearing every level down and finally convert it to your own faction.

EDIT:
Simple as this:

If you're worried about multiplayer, it could be an option when you setup the map, Off or On.
Same for normal gameplay, add an option in the settings of the game, where you can alter bobblehead and so on.
A bit of AI additions, which are scripts, could make sure the AI does this when it's advantageous. This requires more brainwork before it's changed. The AI might sometimes want to keep a building for the income alone.

A problem is now as well, the AI runs around with mixed units which gives them a constant -10 morale.

Signed and seconded!

X-Commando
10-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I dont like the idea of converting the town. It would then make it easier to have a big army instead of having to mix with 2 cultures...
Also what would be a dungeon castle in the middle of woods ?

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Also what would be a dungeon castle in the middle of woods ?

Are you this new to the game? That is a fact since long ago since well, picking dungeon but starting up top. You're not limited to starting underground. Every skirmish map you could start up top and still be able to play dungeon.