PDA

View Full Version : About the AI

disturbed338
10-03-2015, 02:02 AM
Hello guys,

Please treat the AI as a priority as well...as here (https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/situation-status-02-10-7-45pm-cest)it's stated that your main focus are Multiplayer desync, Global performances, Broken script in campaigns, Save/Load issues, Balancing...

The current state of the AI in general is ridiculous...

You made it flank, but apart from that, it still has some weird decision making.

So Combat AI (CRITICAL):

1) Make AI hit where it can inflict most damage (and also kill units), as currently, the AI hits champs/elites and die from retaliation, when it could've hit other units and cause some actual damage; they should also stop hitting single units when there are other opportunities for more damage...

2) Make AI try to reach and block archers (flanking also helps here as it reduces the distance, but at some point the AI should try to reach the archers and not just rotate around melee units;

3) Make AI use advantage of unit's initiative and movement (if available), make it use wait, and position its units where they can reach the player's units but not the other way around...

4) Make the AI better calculate paths...it often moves units on the side, without advancing (when it could go diagonally), or even the other way around...

5) Make AI heroes cast their best damage spells but not overdo it if some lower spells already destroy a stack.

6) Make AI decide if to use a damage spell or a buffing one by comparing the damage it can inflict until the player's turn (spell damage + unit damage vs. buffed unit damage). If no unit from the AI can inflict any damage when this decision is triggered, either use a damage spell, or a support one (summon, time control, etc).
This should be treated at spell level to be honest...for example:
If the AI has Fire Bolt with an average of 60 damage and Time Control (that could enable the archers to hit before the enemy units) then it would compare 60 with the damage the archers deal (average) and largest amount wins...hope I explained well enough...

World AI (Important but not as the combat AI):

1) Make it evaluate risk vs. reward. For random stacks that do not guard much make it fight with them only if, let's say for example, Trivial. If it's an ore/lumber mine, moderate, etc... you get the idea.

2) Make the AI get scouts, but not mindlessly, a handful should be enough and only if there are unexplored regions that can be accessed...and if there's enough budget (hiring units and building should be more of a priority).

3) Make it keep its army on a main hero and not split it like a moron...also, secondary heroes should learn damage spells and have 7 or 9 stacks of 1 core unit to survive as much as possible if they get attacked (they should visit bonus building for xp/stats, take resources, etc.)

4) Make different versions of the AI, rusher, builder, balanced, etc. and depending on type make it focus on recruiting and advancing (taking more risks) vs. building, saving up and attacking lower threat units...

More to come, I'm sleepy as hell :))

EDIT 2: There's an easy way out with the World AI. You could let it cheat and win all Trivial battles with 0% loss, Moderate with 3-5%, etc. And in the case it faces actual players, depending on difficulty it should charge or retreat...

Number 4, however, should still be a thing...

Still have hope in this game, don't destroy it please...

nllsq
10-03-2015, 02:53 AM
Signed!

QA_Vorchun
10-03-2015, 03:29 AM
I wouldn't hold by breath, really. While some AI problems can be fixed quite easy like target priorities, moving diagonally (which it doesn't do at all, hence ridiculously looking back and forth movement of AI troops on battlefield and other issues with movement), others, like heroes management/leveling on global map is difficult, if you're not AI guru.

disturbed338
10-03-2015, 03:46 AM
I wouldn't hold by breath, really. While some AI problems can be fixed quite easy like target priorities, moving diagonally (which it doesn't do at all, hence ridiculously looking back and forth movement of AI troops on battlefield and other issues with movement), others, like heroes management/leveling on global map is difficult, if you're not AI guru.

I know dude, but I go back and look at heroes 2 and 3 and the AI was just great...especially the suicidal armageddon heroes in H2...would love to at least see something surprising...

X-Commando
10-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Yea ai needs a rework or the game is dead

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Yea ai needs a rework or the game is dead

LOL, bit over the top statement. Dead to YOU maybe, but you didn't write that.

disturbed338
10-03-2015, 09:40 AM
LOL, bit over the top statement. Dead to YOU maybe, but you didn't write that.

Actually, dead to a lot of people. I could overcome the bugs, could overcome some weird mechanics, but the dumb AI made me get so bored I installed some older Heroes games...

MoritzBradtke
10-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Yes pls continue to work on the ai some people have reported that it isnt collecting stuff on the map f.e good ai is very Important for a game