PDA

View Full Version : AC admiration week

strigoi1958
10-02-2015, 11:53 PM
That's it.... we all love AC but we constantly pick away at little things even though we don't mean it...
For 1 week I am declaring my love for AC.
Every day for the next week I will post 1 thing that really was important, amazing or really made me enjoy past AC games....
Show your love of AC or don't... your choice.... but from now on October 2nd to the 8th is my AC Admiration week.

Haythams Templar reveal.... absolutely came from nowhere for me... I hadn't seen anything before playing AC3 and to my surprise.... it made Haytham more likeable for me.

VestigialLlama4
10-03-2015, 05:37 AM
AC at the best gives me this sense of a world teeming with possibilities. It's possible for me to look at the furtherst thing in the draw distance, go there and climb it and look back to where I started from.

I love the architecture, the history, the Parkour and Climbing, even the stealth and fighting. I liked the fact that it was stealth without having to hide in a cardboard box, or hiding in a corridor. It was stealth in public, stealth in daylight and that made it awesome to me.

Specific things that made me love AC:
1) The Abul Nuqod Assassination in AC1. I just liked the cutscene and the target. I thought man this guy has style shame I have to kill him, but I will make it awesome to prove my admiration.
2) The Tomb Levels of AC2-brotherhood and the whole storyline, the sense of travelling from Florence to Venice. It had the whole sense of actually travelling in that period.
3) Then the city of Istanbul.
4) AC3, the opening at the Opera, the treerunning and forest gameplay, naval, the Battlefield missions, the Homestead, the Tyranny DLC, Achilles and of course the AC3 Templars.
5) Black Flag - The characters, Black Bart's awesome speech, the Jackdaw and the Sea Shanties.

BananaBlighter
10-03-2015, 02:40 PM
What first got me in to the franchise was admiring the parkour in AC3. It made me feel so free, and it felt as if I could have spent over an hour simply running across rooftops, through trees, and jumping on to my enemies from above. Now I've come to appreciate it even more. It creates a new aspect of stealth, which especially suits my playstyle; stalking the rooftops, eliminating snipers, making decisions based on patterns I observe below. Parkour integrates with stealth very well, in a way that many other stealth games can't achieve. It gives you a level of freedom across the open world that many other open world games can't achieve. When I play Unity I can spend ages flying up and down across Paris' rooftops, admiring the city, and the way I move through it.

One thing that really excited me for Syndicate is that it has the parkour mechanics from Unity, but is even more refined, responsive and grounded.

It's not just parkour I love about these games though, don't worry, I too will post my opinions on other fascinating aspects of the franchise throughout the coming days.

strigoi1958
10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Day 2 of AC Admiration week

Homestead missions in AC3 really made me feel as though I was part of something.....

TO_M
10-03-2015, 04:59 PM
That's it.... we all love AC but we constantly pick away at little things even though we don't mean it...

I definitely mean it when I'm being critical of AC.

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I hate Assassin's Creed

strigoi1958
10-03-2015, 05:21 PM
I definitely mean it when I'm being critical of AC.

Good for you... feel free not to show AC any admiration this week ;)

@ Brian "I hate Assassin's Creed" Meow Meow

strigoi1958
10-04-2015, 04:30 AM
Day 3 Parkour... such a nice flow.

Wolfmeister1010
10-04-2015, 04:53 AM
Day 2 of AC Admiration week

Homestead missions in AC3 really made me feel as though I was part of something.....

Yeah, those awkward long pauses in conversations really made me feel like I was part of an RPG from the late 80's

On a serious note, the AC series has the best animations I have ever seen in video games year after year. AC Unity is on a completely different level in this aspect. I unlock roll recover as early as possible and use it every time I make a jump (no matter how small) simply because the willing animations is so damned fluid and awesome.

RVSage
10-04-2015, 05:23 AM
What I like about AC series

1. The historical tourism
2. The gentic technology and the Precursor race
3. Good open world gameplay
4. A good intervening plot connecting history to present (which was lacking in Unity ofcourse)

Specifics include
1. Ezio;s Bonfire of vanity speech
2. Ezio's death letter to sofia
3. Entire Italian cities (Florence my favourite with that amazing music from Jesper Kyd)
4. The tomb gameplay in AC2-ACB
5.Revelations Altair stories and Ezio;s lines to Desmond
4. Haytham Kenway my favourite from AC3
5. Black Flag's Blackbeard. (Great portrayal)