PDA

View Full Version : List of Editor questions (compile a list here?)

LordGorchnik
10-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Hey guys.

Finally got around to messing with the Editor last night and whoo-boy I've got some serious questions. Spent around 3 hours messing around and couldn't find answers to any of these so maybe those of you who have played a bit more can help me out. I also figured this would be a great thread for people to keep throwing questions into that others could answer as we gain experience with the program.

1)Why can we not save our maps? Every time I tried to save last night the editor would crash on me. Is this a bug that is currently being looked at.?

2) Regarding skirmish-based maps: Why can we not create heros, edit heroes, or edit the castles on the maps we make whether manually or random? For some reason it only lets you do this on scenario based maps you create. Why? If we want to make custom skirmish based maps to play with our friends this seems silly. The scenario based maps that the RNG creator makes don't have the right placement of monsters/resources to be a good hot-seat map against your buddies.

2a) Again on skirmish based maps, is there anyway to make it so that the teams DO NOT start with a hero and only a castle? I can't find this option anywhere if so.

3) Not quite editor related but where is the Tears of Asha artifact in the editor/game? Is there a special symbol for it somewhere. Manually creating a map I couldn't find it anywhere to place but when I create a RNG based map there is a tickbox for an option to put it in the map but then I can't find it once it creates it.

4) Another possible bug but everytime I try to switch between the 2D/3D view of the map the editor also crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

blackadderDAAN
10-02-2015, 11:57 PM
1) you will have to save your files on (this is my save file): C/ user - ( your name) - documents - my games - heroes of might and magic 7 - hmm7game - custom maps - adventure maps.

Otherwise you will get a lot of errors ad issues.

2) Ill think this has someting to do with the fact that not both player own the same files/content. Dont know if this is final.

3) havent tried. I do know forts act the same as castles and you cant create units from forts without dwellings.

4) i dont have this issue. But i do have a lot of stability issues on the editor like crashes and waiting times endless and after that crash.

Please Ubisoft create an editor sub forum so we dont have to bother you with the same questons!!!!

blackadderDAAN
10-03-2015, 12:02 AM
If anyone can help me out. I would like to know how to add story lines (tekst). I`ve used the editor for 20 hours now. And this is on the easy mode editor. And somehow this gets problematic as the editor dont remembers where i put the file. Even do i did all the things in the right order. i guess. It just does not remember what i just did when i closed the window.

A step by step quide would be perfect. just a simple example.

The only time the script tool was working for me was when i put an event to win the game by reaching level 2.

LordGorchnik
10-03-2015, 02:56 AM
1) you will have to save your files on (this is my save file): C/ user - ( your name) - documents - my games - heroes of might and magic 7 - hmm7game - custom maps - adventure maps.

Otherwise you will get a lot of errors ad issues.

2) Ill think this has someting to do with the fact that not both player own the same files/content. Dont know if this is final.

3) havent tried. I do know forts act the same as castles and you cant create units from forts without dwellings.

4) i dont have this issue. But i do have a lot of stability issues on the editor like crashes and waiting times endless and after that crash.

Please Ubisoft create an editor sub forum so we dont have to bother you with the same questons!!!!

1) Alright I will give that a try.

2) This seems silly. Hopefully we can get some clarification. Again if we are just making custom hot-seat maps I don't see how this is an issue or why it would be disabled

3) This again seems silly not to be an option but I guess my HoMM2/3 days are causing me to be a little entitled

4) No idea where the Tears are located or what they look like?