PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of might and magic and why is divided

ScuipiciTB
10-02-2015, 10:32 PM
So as you all know, TotalBiscuit made a video about Homm7, if you do not know, check it out.

I don't agree with him on many of his points, but I do agree on one thing, like how some of the homm fans want the same thing. The devs themselves said this in some post ( can't find it ) that some homm fans would rather have heroes 3 but with better graphics and that's it. Thing is, this is a good thing for some and a bad thing for others. I wonder how the Devs feel when they see 2 "factions" wanting so many different things that are conflicting with each other. I saw people commenting that heroes7 looks like heroes3 and that is a bad thing for them, while other said it looks like heroes6 and it doesn't remind them of heroes3 enough. You can see this in so many comments about other features of the game, if you are developing this game, you stay still scratching your head trying to figure this thing out. I for one am surprised by how well Limbic managed under this pressure, not only by fans but I bet by ubisoft as well since I suspect they didn't got the necessary budged and most important, the time. I found some criticism quite funny, like how the graphics in heroes 3 or other installments in the series, look better. If you think this, I suggest to open a random video on youtube or some screenshots of heroes3 and heroes7 and look at them. If you think heroes7 has worse graphics, I think you're blind, it's seems so disingenuous to me, some criticism just doesn't make sense. I for one, quite like the graphics and the maps are beautifully done, I'm curious to see what the fans can do with the map editor. There was this part in TB's video, when he said the campaign isn't good when he admitted he never liked them and I can bet them he didn't played them much. The campaigns in heroes5 were very good and I found the 6 quite interesting also. I think that if this game had at least 1 or 2 more months, we would not have as many complains, the game just needed more time to flesh out the more critical bugs. The reuse of some of the models is also a thing I did not like, I wish ubisoft had more trust in the series and invested more money. I think Homm7 looks great and has good gameplay, it has many things that I like but few dislikes, like the few bugs that apply for some and the model reuse for some creatures. This game will be amazing in few months when the Axeoth patch will arrive, tho some of the bugs, mainly in necro campaign will be hot fixed. So all in all I'm happy with Homm7, to me it looks like a combination between heroes3, 4 and 5, I like that. Again, to repeat myself, I understand some people having problems, I really do but I think some people are exaggerating in trying to make Homm7 look like a monster.

Wintermist
10-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Either you like it, or you don't. I like it a lot, to me it's a good blend between old and new.

X-Commando
10-02-2015, 11:05 PM
My main problem with the game is the AI who is totally ridiculous and Campain who is not deep enough or has scripting problems (so far i have seen).

Wintermist
10-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Hmm,lol, and I thought the campaign was actually the best one yet.