PDA

View Full Version : FAILS in the game

Meyer_Dodi
10-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Hi!

First of all, i would like to inform everyone Im a huge Heroes fan since Heroes 2. Unfortunatelly i have to say I found two BIG faulure in this new release.
Let see.these:

Hero level limit : So I think this is the biggest FAIL. How take an real advantage in a player vs player game ( especially in a large map ) if when we will meet , then both players are reached the 30. level.Furthermore when i reached the 30. level, then why i have to go combat? I will not get experience points, and the hero's values do not grow. Maybe i will lose a couple of units. Meaningless. What is the positive benefit from the Hero level? What?
Only 30 skills: It isnt enough. You will pick up a same skills very often. Some skills are more important than the others. the hero's development will not be varied. If i want to develop all grandmaster ability, i will spends minimum 21 skill point for them 7 remaining? I have got only 3 skills from the personal skill wheel, and remain 7?

So my english is not the best but i hope you understand what is my huge problem. Please change this!

Meyer

Raiden74
10-02-2015, 02:12 PM
I don't think the lvl 30 cap is the problem... if 30 skills are not enough, well, do you remember how many you had on heroes 2 and 3?
I think they should make it take more experience between levels, as we can reach 30 quickly... Another thing they could do is still have max lvl 30 for skills, because of balance, but then have more levels to at least keep having more attack, defense, magic, spirit... or increasing more hero damage, or some other bonus.

Meyer_Dodi
10-02-2015, 02:47 PM
"how many you had on heroes 2 and 3?"
exactly 36

6 Main skills with 3 levels (basic-advanced-expert) 6*3=18 level
3 secondary skills connected to the main skills. Another 6*3=18 level

Now just 30 : /

Meyer_Dodi
10-26-2015, 05:38 PM
I have to say Im concerned about the hero level limit. I played on the large map, and i have reached the 30 level, when i discover only of the map 40%
So the problem is: ALL OF THE REMAINING BATTLE ARE DISINTERESTED! I can't gain more XP anymore. Why do initiate a combat after?
Only 30 skills to able acquire. OK! But please increase the heroes main skills after he/she reached the level 30. Like heroes 3-4-5!

Lombardic
10-27-2015, 11:29 AM
its other to get unlimited leveling and improving base stats and other to get stuck on a number '30'. I agree with OP. Unleash the leveling :)

Meyer_Dodi
10-28-2015, 07:21 PM
nobody has got a same experience on this topic?

wolfing1
10-28-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't MP but I think I would prefer a level cap. It helps even out the randomness of the initial map location. It's a tactical game, so win by using tactics, not levels.

GalaadleHaut
10-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Either that or decrease the experience gain significantly.
Oh give me a break lol, just remove the stupid level cap and keep on leveling up with (oriented) random stats boosts even after you can't learn more skills, like in the old games lol

shop36DD9453D
10-31-2015, 12:08 PM
I totally agree! I was playing a large map yesterday and was lvl 30 by half of it. After that the fights felt A LOT less interesting. Luckily I got a necro town by random so i still got armies (which, frankly, no one needs by that time as a necro, you've already won more or less) but even so. What's the point of a level cap? Especially on singel player? I want to keep on leveling and try out new skill combos etc.

At least make "No level cap" an option when you start the map, so everyone can choose by theirselves!

Tarelther
11-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Level limit is set by the map, so once we start getting some custom skirmish maps, we'll start seeing higher level caps, or no level cap if that's what we want.

Meyer_Dodi
11-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Level limit is set by the map, so once we start getting some custom skirmish maps, we'll start seeing higher level caps, or no level cap if that's what we want.

Where does the information come from? I played on a lots of the skirmish maps and always had been a level cap! The maximum level what i can reached was 30.
I would like to explain trough an example why a big problem is this.

You choose a hero with magic ability. When you will reach the level 30, your magic power will be around 22. So, in this case how much will be your the maximum damage through the magic? Around 2000, or 2500? I don't know exactly it is just an estimate. This damage can kill around 4 or 5 champion unit, if i ignore the defend value.
How it is possible to win with a magic hero if we played on a large map with 2 or more castles and one of the players have got around 70-80 champion units in his army.
Ok i know there are not only the damaging spells in the book, but there is a dispel for those.

So the level CAP is not a good idea.

R-Draco
11-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Between, Stone Skin, Weakness and Inner fire, I don't think Wizards will have a hard time keeping up on attack/defense.

Then there is always Implosion!

Meyer_Dodi
11-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Between, Stone Skin, Weakness and Inner fire, I don't think Wizards will have a hard time keeping up on attack/defense.

Then there is always Implosion!

always?
unlimited mana?

If you fight agains me I will do this when you cast a spell

stone skin - will dispel
weakness - will dispel
inner fire - willl dispel

I don1t say all of the spells are unusable, but if the level cap will stay in the game, then the play with magic hero will very hard on a large map. Especially against a horde of armies.

R-Draco
11-04-2015, 08:55 PM
You could use dispel, but that means you aren't strictly a might hero, and now you can not use any other abilties... also you dabbled at least a little into magic. Ignoring the fact you will run out of mana long before I do (at 40ish mana per cast of Dispel).

How will you prevent me from casting master Teleport (with the extra initiative perk) on my legion of skelletons, attacking with them then Teleporting them out of harms way home using the second spell per round perk?

What do you do when I wait until right before your ranged creatures turns and drop off two summon elemental spells blocking their attacks?

I could also use stone circle on you, slowing your movement and pound you from a distance while simultaneously bleeding you dry every turn.

Look Might is usually stronger than Magic, like it has been in every other Heroes game, but I feel this game comes the closest to balancing it.

sir.mullich
11-05-2015, 06:05 PM
I have to say Im concerned about the hero level limit. I played on the large map, and i have reached the 30 level, when i discover only of the map 40%
So the problem is: ALL OF THE REMAINING BATTLE ARE DISINTERESTED! I can't gain more XP anymore. Why do initiate a combat after?
Only 30 skills to able acquire. OK! But please increase the heroes main skills after he/she reached the level 30. Like heroes 3-4-5!

U didn't really played homm4 didn't ya? :D:D ^^