PDA

View Full Version : Long post about feedback

PitBulltheGreat
10-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Hi guise. This will probably end up being a long post. I will post a tl:dr at the bottom.

A small short summary of my gaming background. I'm late 20s now. When I was a young kid, I played ut99 and got really into PC gaming. SC1/aoe really took hold from there and the first competitive game I played were the original COD games and ut2k3/2k4. I played in all of the ladders over the year, some of my teams have made top brackets or even won. (cal, twl, gwl, etc etc etc).
Currently I play cs:go (non-comp, mm rank is lem.. I gave up because esea is a joke), rocket league (ranked 700ish in all categories mostly, so far this season), killing floor2, insurgency, Heroes of the storm, diablo3, and generally anything that my friends and I want to try to play together as a group.

I have a wide background of skillset from gaming to dev to everything inbetween. For work I am an Enterprise IT guy. Enough about me. Here's my feedback on the game. I rambled on this much to tell you what kind of gamer I am, so you can interpret the feedback from my perspective (hopefully).

I played the Alpha. It was atrocious on many levels. (Yes it's an alpha but DONT PUT VOICE CHAT in a game that you can't mute).
Beta has so far impressed me and even caught my attention. Fantastic job polishing it up from Alpha. I really hope to see some major polish before release otherwise I will not be buying it. There is so much that I expect from this game given it's hype and unfortunately it's not quite there yet. That's what us beta testers are for!

Pros to Beta:
-Plentiful of classes and a small subset of upgrades keep replayability high.
-Different team strategies keep things interesting.
-Different map layouts allow for a lot of replayability.
-Spawn locations keep things interesting
-Overall the community has been pretty friendly
-Level design overall is pretty good. After awhile you see the patterns of barricades and what areas to drop from the floor above and it makes things interesting and always different.

Cons so far:
(General complaints)
-Crossfire doesn't work. Why in 2015 can't we produce games where crossfire just works? Is it really drivers to blame, or developers?? I have a pair of 7870ghz editions.
-Party system. I cannot tell you how infuriating it is, to get an email saying to invite 4 of my friends but not be able to play with any of them.
--Are you supposed to join a party through shift+f2/uchat? Do you join the "squad" first in game? Does it matter who presses "multiplayer" ? As far as I can tell all of this is random, and sometimes you get into a loading lobby with friends and sometimes you don't and have to quit out. I have tried all combinations of these settings, had them invite me, i invited them, both party and squad, just squad, just party, he makes, I make. I have only tried with one friend, can't imagine if I got 4 in my group..
-There should be dedicated server option. I know this seems old fashion however I would happily sponsor a few servers for 6 months at launch if it means I can set the settings, and have a stable place to play.
-Matchmaking system is clunky and only half works. There's no telling if youre actually matched with people local or not. I've been in games where the pings range from 30 to 200 between different players. As far as I can tell I have no idea how you can tell who is the "host" of the p2p system. The MM "steps" need revisited as that piece of information is useless.
-There's no general way to see if the ubi servers are online or offline, therefore you cannot really know if youre searching in the void or if it'll ever connect. I wasted 20 minutes of my life earlier and decided the servers were down. The forums agreed with me.
-Can there be a FOV option? I'm playing at 1920x1200 but the game looks like it's on a much smaller resolution because the field of view is not wide at all...

(Gameplay/functionality)
-Clustering grenade seems too strong.
-Shields are quite OP / pistols need nerfed so they do less damage (or armor needs a buff..)
-The gadget that checks between walls, it's useless and is a waste.
-Most walls you can see the enemy player CLIP through before they plant a charge on it, so you can prefire them and kill them as they are glitching through a wall.
-The repel mechanics are absolutely awful. I love the idea but it just doesn't work. It's clunky to "switch positions". I've had it completely spin me around for no reason. Either the repel mechanic needs to be sped up or it's not going to get used at all. For the first few games i played I tried to repel and as soon as you try to start repelling you're basically dead.
-You should not be able to see "under" the door barricades. This makes it so you can just prone, wait to see someone and then shoot through it. It's pretty lame.
-The guns seem to do too much damage, and armor doesn't seem to really matter. I can run Rook and equip the extra armor and I still get one shot by a pistol. This seems faulty.
-Classes aren't balanced due to really powerful guns, shields, and some classes seem absolutely useless.
-Attachments on guns should be able to be sold back, or stored for use on other guns. I guess you may not do this because that's your plan for a cash shop probably, but I added a silencer that I want to remove, and it would be nice to use that on another gun..
-If you put up a metal wall in the garage on one of the house maps, it assumes you're "outside". Seems like something easy enough to fix.
-The loading screen maybe should have a complete three D rotational view of the map..
-Can we implement a MAP button? that brings up a screen where we can draw on and organize a plan? It's really a learning curve for new players who have no idea what floors are what, and where each wall is, etc.

-uplay is like steam was when it came out. Awkward. Nobody wants to use it but are forced to use it. I can only say that uplay seems LESS painful than origin, but that's really not saying much. I am annoyed that I have to have: steam, bnet, uplay, and whatever else constantly open switching between friends list on various places, remembering logins, and overall just being inconvenienced by the fact that you guys insist on using this software. Why does it seem like the software is more than just a chat client in game? It really should not manage party systems at all. That should be an inclusive in-game feature. It OVERCOMPLICATES things.

Overall I think the game has a lot of promise. I'd really like to see the party stuff get worked out very soon so I can actually play this with my set of friends. Since we're all familiar with each other across many games, I think we can really take advantage of some the tactical stuff here.

TL;DR- A fantastic game that still needs to mature. I am providing feedback and am hopeful it can fix the major issues! Balancing is nonexistent, and if you want this to be in major gaming leagues, this will be a problem.

Hope to see some improvement, hope to see feedback. Thanks for allowing me to participate in the beta. I look forward to your feedback and look forward to playing this in the future with other friends. Feel free to PM me or email me directly if you'd like additional feedback. Thanks

SoManyDeads
10-02-2015, 09:04 AM
I have never understood why you couldn't just move on the wall like you would on the ground (same movement). Instead they want to invert keys and stuff, doesn't really make logical sense on a keyboard. Seriously, think about why they mess up the keys there is no logical reason. They use absolute positioning for movement so if you are looking left while wall hanging and move forward you go... up or down (depending on stance). There is no need to force this on players for no real reason.

I also believe that game companies should stop forcing us to use some external to the game product to play. Makes it worse that everytime I log out they advert their other games over and over. It is tacky as ****, I don't mind using the program for updates and the like but running it while playing the game isn't required and I know you want to create this whole "community" thing but the company would probably do better to make an Xfire/Raptr competitor that could just detect games/gametime release the chokehold on ze gaem! (Also get super salty when I purchase a game from steam and it requires UPlay, unfathomable anger. Overall I hate it, I like the name though.

Also I do believe there is an FOV slider, you can choose what you like (at least on PC)

Edit: It is in the display section labelled "Field of View" and you can change it from 60 to 90, once again only looked at the PC version.

PitBulltheGreat
10-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Ah youre right about FOV. After I typed this, I was like "there probably is a setting.." I'm trying on 90 now.

Everyone wants a steam competitor the same way every MMO wants to be WoW. They see it as a money thing and want in on that cake. You should innovate or not do anything at all. If none of these chat clients provide me with anything useful then they won't be used except for a select few games.

I've already started boycotting origin due to its overbearing nature. I'm gonna be in a pickle of moral dilemma when battlefront comes out though..

If the Devs end up reading this (unlikely), know that I'm not bashing your game. I highly enjoy this but there are a few key elements that I think NEED to be changed prior to release. I look forward to helping you guys out and hopefully supporting the company and buying teh game at a later time.

Domino407
10-02-2015, 08:21 PM
+1 on having a Map pullup, especially during planning.

PitBulltheGreat
10-16-2015, 04:58 AM
Yes. Some way to learn the map is nice, otherwise you're playing blindly for the awhile learning the strats and such. I did find a bunch of replayability with the same map and same bomb location even, a lot of different tweaks to attacking or defending it that can keep things switched up. I'm bumping this post in hopes that now that Beta has settled it'll be easier for the devs to read the feedback.

FPSfan123
10-16-2015, 05:36 AM
Pitbull,

Great idea on the map drawing. We should let players draw right before spawning where to enter and breach, and what other routes to go to. Sometimes explaining verbally is just too difficult and confusing.

Cakensworth
10-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Pitbull,

Great idea on the map drawing. We should let players draw right before spawning where to enter and breach, and what other routes to go to. Sometimes explaining verbally is just too difficult and confusing.

I never really considered it, but the fact that there is no pre-round white board is actually pretty amusing and anti-RB6. I guess it allows the game to be more arcadey, just jumping into new matches as fast as possible, but it reduces tactical gameplay unless everyone is actively communicating. Even still, it'd be cool to be able to bring that up during a match to make adjustments on the fly.

FPSfan123
10-16-2015, 06:48 PM
I never really considered it, but the fact that there is no pre-round white board is actually pretty amusing and anti-RB6. I guess it allows the game to be more arcadey, just jumping into new matches as fast as possible, but it reduces tactical gameplay unless everyone is actively communicating. Even still, it'd be cool to be able to bring that up during a match to make adjustments on the fly.

If anything, the map drawing board goes back to the roots of franchise. Remember R6 1998 had all the maps and waypoints before a level for a cmpaign. You literally had lines designating pathways all over the map at the end of it. The minimap would have lines all over it when you start the level.

Its even harder to verbally communicate when a team splits up into 2.

I would like it if, on the HUD, there would be lines showing the path of the plan. Like seeing an inviisible line designating the plan pathway while your characther is moving. Im sure ppl are going to cry out casual, or know/ memorize your maps and spawns. But honestly, I don't got time to memorize each spawn. I played house a lot, I still don't know whats APC spawn on house. Teammate would say "they spawned at APC." Im thinking, wheres that again? All these streets and gardens and bushes look the same. I don't even know the Hereford base spawns and entry points, because everything almost looks the same. Geographically, I know it and feel itwhen I see it. But all these things just help make cooperation, teamwork easier. if we can mark, and SEE it, it makes coordination so much easier. This all goes back to the roots of R6 1998.

Cakensworth
10-16-2015, 09:25 PM
If anything, the map drawing board goes back to the roots of franchise. Remember R6 1998 had all the maps and waypoints before a level for a cmpaign. You literally had lines designating pathways all over the map at the end of it. The minimap would have lines all over it when you start the level.

Its even harder to verbally communicate when a team splits up into 2.

I would like it if, on the HUD, there would be lines showing the path of the plan. Like seeing an inviisible line designating the plan pathway while your characther is moving. Im sure ppl are going to cry out casual, or know/ memorize your maps and spawns. But honestly, I don't got time to memorize each spawn. I played house a lot, I still don't know whats APC spawn on house. Teammate would say "they spawned at APC." Im thinking, wheres that again? All these streets and gardens and bushes look the same. I don't even know the Hereford base spawns and entry points, because everything almost looks the same. Geographically, I know it and feel itwhen I see it. But all these things just help make cooperation, teamwork easier. if we can mark, and SEE it, it makes coordination so much easier. This all goes back to the roots of R6 1998.

That's one thing about the argument that people use saying RB6 in it's current form is a more tactical FPS. I think in a very small way RB6 is maybe 'more tactical' then some other options, but there are FPS with a higher degree of tactical coordination then RB6 in it's current form and as you said it's certainly changed much from the initial iterations. I wish devs would take a little more risk making a game that might have a niche audience, but it seems like paranoia of commercial success tends games to a similar formula of simplicity and safety. I still think the gameplay of 'Siege' amuses me, just not as much as it could!