PDA

View Full Version : I bought deluxe edition but i never got...

CandienZombie
10-02-2015, 03:57 AM
my copy of H3HD or my full soundtrack. does anyone know what happened or how to fix?

sierrajuan
10-02-2015, 04:38 AM
my copy of H3HD or my full soundtrack. does anyone know what happened or how to fix?
I'm in the same situation

Shigom
10-02-2015, 08:17 AM
look for OST in your HMM7 folder and HMM3HD should appear in your library if you have purchased it from uplay store

Sir_Magnetron
10-02-2015, 12:23 PM
look for OST in your HMM7 folder and HMM3HD should appear in your library if you have purchased it from uplay store

They want it physical as promised. Well the soundtrack and the main game.

CandienZombie
10-02-2015, 04:12 PM
did you buy from UBI directly or was it through Steam ?

I've bought my deluxe version on steam and I got H3 HD on release day.

I bought it threw gamestop but i downloaded it and play it on Uplay

DarkSouledWiz
10-02-2015, 10:06 PM

I contacted support today on a very similar issue, I ordered the the collectors edition, and while my digital soundtrack came with the game download on Uplay, there was neither a physical game disc, nor a physical Soundtrack disc shipped with my collectors edition physical package, When I contacted support the agent seemed somewhat unsure, but he said he believed the photo used in marketing (that includes a a photo of the DVD copy of the game and a cardboard sleeve / soundtrack disc) were 'mock ups'.

My feelings on this are mixed, I was able to download the game before release with the 'pre-load' option, and it came with the OST , and the heroes 3 HD remake key and the DLC keys were all put into my Uplay client ... So I have digital copies of everything, but I was honestly a bit miffed when I bought the product, as the picture of the game disc was the standard DVD-Rom in shrink wrap, I have a general rule on expensive editions of games, I want a SteelCase if possible for any game over $80, especially at the price of $129.99 CDN. I was shocked and dismayed when there was no game disc whatsoever in the case. and while the soundtrack (on careful review of the sale pages) does say digital, there is a very clear image of a soundtrack CD in a cardboard sleeve an all of the collectors edition sale sites.

This is extremely deceptive and I am unimpressed. I live far from any major centers and have very low bandwidth on my internet service, (our town is capped at 6mbps per line), Downloading this game for the pre-load took an entire day + a few more hours for the Day 1 patch. The machine I preloaded it onto has a marginal video card as it's an HTPC and just makes minimums, so the game doesn't play very well and the cut scenes are so choppy they are pretty much useless ... So I will have to move this title to my main rig, but unfortunately, the 'save installation files option' in Uplay. failed miserably, so i will have to spend another 20 hours or so re-downloading the game onto the other machine.

A SteelCase / Game DVD / OST CD in cardboard sleeve would have a bulk value of <$5.... I paid $130 for this set ... seriously not impressed. The things that did come with are all about as I expected, the box is much cooler than I expected the magnetic door is a fine touch, the tarot deck is ... odd... but might be fun, the sculpture is nice, if plastic and the artbook is well bound and looks very nice, even if it is smaller than those I have from other sets (Diablo III collectors is a good example) but not including physical copies of the game or soundtrack at all ... *thumbs down* Ubi, bad form. I guess the box shows I have the game ... but there is a void on my game shelf ...

Had this been clearly outlined on the sale pages, I would not have these feelings, but when the sale pages had pictures of both physical discs as 'included' items, by default I have to think of what I received as "deceptive, dishonest, and quite possibly grounds for false advertising (my lawyer buddy is looking at that as we speak)". Until now I have tried to buy my games from other sources because of the reputation of Ubi/Uplay, unless there was no other option or a sale was too good to pass up. This is my first actual issue with Ubi/Uplay... but it is a serious one in my opinion, and it will certainly come into play when making purchasing decisions in the future.

In closing and 'in short' so-to-speak. I expected a top quality set for $130, and I kind of feel like I've been had. For $150, the GTAV collectors set I have came with a top quality Rockstar 'Los Santos' hat, a uniquely keyed messenger bag, extra maps, a poster, + SteelCase/GameDiscs and exclusive DLC, in a very sturdy, nicely designed box, at $130, Diablo III collectors came with a soulstone USB Drive with Diablo 1 + 2 and expansions on it and a Pewter Diablo skull to house it, a full-sized hardcover artbook, Soundtrack Disc in a fold open case, Behind the scenes making of DVD, Game Discs + exclusive DLC, it came in an artistic / sturdy textured case that is quite classy, and a SteelCase came free with the strategy Guide. This game at $130 + tax, came with no discs, an odd tarot deck, a plastic sculpture, a small (very nice) artbook & exclusive DLC in an artistic cardboard box (which arrived with the inside edges already starting to lift / peel on the bottom edge. The addition of Heroes 3 HD is a nice touch, except as a collector ... I already own 3 copies of Heroes 3 Complete, and the HD remake is missing some expansions. It seems half-hearted and overpriced, and the marketing was outright deceptive.

lunchmuncher1
10-02-2015, 10:22 PM
I contacted support today on a very similar issue, I ordered the the collectors edition, and while my digital soundtrack came with the game download on Uplay, there was neither a physical game disc, nor a physical Soundtrack disc shipped with my collectors edition physical package, When I contacted support the agent seemed somewhat unsure, but he said he believed the photo used in marketing (that includes a a photo of the DVD copy of the game and a cardboard sleeve / soundtrack disc) were 'mock ups'.

My feelings on this are mixed, I was able to download the game before release with the 'pre-load' option, and it came with the OST , and the heroes 3 HD remake key and the DLC keys were all put into my Uplay client ... So I have digital copies of everything, but I was honestly a bit miffed when I bought the product, as the picture of the game disc was the standard DVD-Rom in shrink wrap, I have a general rule on expensive editions of games, I want a SteelCase if possible for any game over $80, especially at the price of $129.99 CDN. I was shocked and dismayed when there was no game disc whatsoever in the case. and while the soundtrack (on careful review of the sale pages) does say digital, there is a very clear image of a soundtrack CD in a cardboard sleeve an all of the collectors edition sale sites.

This is extremely deceptive and I am unimpressed. I live far from any major centers and have very low bandwidth on my internet service, (our town is capped at 6mbps per line), Downloading this game for the pre-load took an entire day + a few more hours for the Day 1 patch. The machine I preloaded it onto has a marginal video card as it's an HTPC and just makes minimums, so the game doesn't play very well and the cut scenes are so choppy they are pretty much useless ... So I will have to move this title to my main rig, but unfortunately, the 'save installation files option' in Uplay. failed miserably, so i will have to spend another 20 hours or so re-downloading the game onto the other machine.

A SteelCase / Game DVD / OST CD in cardboard sleeve would have a bulk value of <$5.... I paid $130 for this set ... seriously not impressed. The things that did come with are all about as I expected, the box is much cooler than I expected the magnetic door is a fine touch, the tarot deck is ... odd... but might be fun, the sculpture is nice, if plastic and the artbook is well bound and looks very nice, even if it is smaller than those I have from other sets (Diablo III collectors is a good example) but not including physical copies of the game or soundtrack at all ... *thumbs down* Ubi, bad form. I guess the box shows I have the game ... but there is a void on my game shelf ...

Had this been clearly outlined on the sale pages, I would not have these feelings, but when the sale pages had pictures of both physical discs as 'included' items, by default I have to think of what I received as "deceptive, dishonest, and quite possibly grounds for false advertising (my lawyer buddy is looking at that as we speak)". Until now I have tried to buy my games from other sources because of the reputation of Ubi/Uplay, unless there was no other option or a sale was too good to pass up. This is my first actual issue with Ubi/Uplay... but it is a serious one in my opinion, and it will certainly come into play when making purchasing decisions in the future.

In closing and 'in short' so-to-speak. I expected a top quality set for $130, and I kind of feel like I've been had. For $150, the GTAV collectors set I have came with a top quality Rockstar 'Los Santos' hat, a uniquely keyed messenger bag, extra maps, a poster, + SteelCase/GameDiscs and exclusive DLC, in a very sturdy, nicely designed box, at $130, Diablo III collectors came with a soulstone USB Drive with Diablo 1 + 2 and expansions on it and a Pewter Diablo skull to house it, a full-sized hardcover artbook, Soundtrack Disc in a fold open case, Behind the scenes making of DVD, Game Discs + exclusive DLC, it came in an artistic / sturdy textured case that is quite classy, and a SteelCase came free with the strategy Guide. This game at $130 + tax, came with no discs, an odd tarot deck, a plastic sculpture, a small (very nice) artbook & exclusive DLC in an artistic cardboard box (which arrived with the inside edges already starting to lift / peel on the bottom edge. The addition of Heroes 3 HD is a nice touch, except as a collector ... I already own 3 copies of Heroes 3 Complete, and the HD remake is missing some expansions. It seems half-hearted and overpriced, and the marketing was outright deceptive.

It clearly shows a physical copy of the game and that MMH3 HD and the soundtrack have to be downloaded. Thats their invoice to you clearly showing what you ordered a boxed edition.

As of right now they have the money and I have no game 3 or 7 and no soundtrack. Just a bunch of excuses. No on in their right mind orders a Collectors Edition and doesn't receive a hard copy, unless the game is 15 years old.

mungusCREEP
10-03-2015, 09:55 AM

I was having the same issue. I could see that my activation code unlocked the soundtrack and Solmyr though. I located the soundtrack (in windows) at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Might and Magic Heroes VII\Might & Magic Heroes VII OST\

Solmyr is indeed an available choice when I play wizard faction.

Unfortunately my activation code didn't list homm3 hd edition in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games folder nor was it installed in my uplay library.

I opened a support ticket and received a reply in about 48 hours. After providing screenshots of my proof of purchase (from amazon) as well as the proof of Heroes 7 deluxe edition content I did receive, they said they should be helping me out with a new activation code for homm 3 HD edition that I'm missing. They are also checking on the scenario map which was supposed to be included but wasn't in my case.

I suggest opening a support ticket and go from there.