PDA

View Full Version : A few major complaints

Lanatir1971
10-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Ok, after the devs of this game abandoned Might and Magic X Legacy in pretty much an unfinished state with just one small boring DLC i kind of didnt want to buy this game..,,and i wish i wouldnt have.

While there are a few points i like about it, there is way more that i dont like.

To list a few:

The maps.
What were you thinking? Its close to impossible to tell apart scenery from useable buildings. You have to hover over everything to see if it can be interacted with. Also its hard to tell if terrain is passable or not. Another issue: They dont feel 'open world' anymore. Its always small passages leading from one tiny hub to another, most of the terrain is simply blocked, at least from the 4 maps i have seen so far.
The AI / Scripting.
i hate it. It is restricting. It does not feel like i can do whatever i want. If i dont do what the map wants in the exact order the map tells me to do it, the game bugs out or simply punishes me. Especially bad in the 3rd map of the Haven Campaign. That was a major pain in the *** to play.
The Units.
I might have missed something, but none of the units i have played so far have ANY active abiliteis besides attacking. Only passive abilities. And this new morale system just plain sucks. after one or two rounds i have no clue about how high my morale is and why. Also, some of the Units dont make a lot of sense, And the stronger Elite Units dont feel special at all.
The Camera.
No true topdown mode. Big Big Minus.

No Random Map Generator.

Spells feel boring.

And dont get me started on the bugs. Especially the language.

This game might be saved. But as it is now it is definitely not even close to where it wanted to be...a true successor to Heroes 3.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Hi Lanatir1971, welcome to the forums,

Thank you for your feedback.

There is a random map generator https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/a-first-look-at-the-map-editor

Regards

Graf_Federhans
10-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Servus Lanatir,

I can mitigate complaint #1:

#1 - the maps
Just press ALT - it highlights every object that can be interacted with.

Regarding the rest of your complaints:

I can't play my existing game (see save/load game issue) + can't start a new campaign (crash at loading screen),

so I can't comment on those.

Just keep 1 thing in mind, which helped me very much not to expect too much from HOMM VII:

HOMM 2 + HOMM 3 DIDN'T have more units/more abilities. Just check the unit list from 1994 and compare it with todays HOMM VII.

--------------

I just wish we had a stable, running modern version of HOMM VII.

With short loading times.

WHO needs map rotation & 3D view? The developers forgot what made HOMM II & III as great as it is. Graphics are 3rd priority!

----------

We need STORY + great AI + a LONG campaign in a STABLE environment.

All the best,

Jockel

nllsq
10-03-2015, 04:23 PM
My order of priorities is:

1. Good RMG and AI (the two tied for 1st place)
2. Sufficiently long campaign that allows you to learn the basics of each race (no start at max level). Heroes II was a good example for this.
3. Load times and turn speed.
4. Graphics? Yes, as long as we can distinguish one unit from another, graphics barely matter at in this type of game. Just like in chess or card games, what matters is to have a full set or deck, not how pretty the pieces/cards are.

MrD69
10-03-2015, 06:13 PM
How about you make their faces move when the talk in the campaign.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 06:22 PM
I will not buy the game unless all gamebreaking bugs are solved, along with the multiplayer desync bug and the ability to create heroes for duels rather than 2 premade per faction.

thrashbestos
10-06-2015, 12:34 PM
I will not buy the game unless all gamebreaking bugs are solved, along with the multiplayer desync bug and the ability to create heroes for duels rather than 2 premade per faction.

i wish i waited now, can't even play online thanks to this port bollox, single player crashes at least once every 30mins!