PDA

View Full Version : Can't launch AC:R

ZDefense
10-01-2015, 04:12 PM
I know this probably should go in support, but I have still to get a response after more than 2 days so I do what I can.
I can't launch the game no matter what I tried. Posted a ticket more than 2 days ago (the supposed max waiting time for an initial response) and all I get is the silent treatment. It seems the servers are down for multiple games for quite a LOT of time now, with people waiting for an answer to their ticket for a long time, sometimes way more than a week. This is so widespread you won't believe. I just don't get why can't they at least respond saying they are checking it so I know I'm not just talking to a wall.
I have tried verifying files, uninstalling uplay and the game and then waiting for it to downlaod (MY GOD uplay download speed is so bad), launching both game and uplay as Admin, nothing works. I have seen people on so many forums on ubi and others having similar issues. Just read a post by a guy saying he got a response from support after 19 (!!!) god damn days

YazX_
10-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Hello,

whats the error you are getting, is it game crash or the process just exits?

ZDefense
10-01-2015, 06:29 PM
When I press launch, a window appears saying its syncing up with the cloud, but then it closes and nothing else happens.

P.S. the client does not crash.

YazX_
10-01-2015, 06:45 PM
When I press launch, a window appears saying its syncing up with the cloud, but then it closes and nothing else happens.

P.S. the client does not crash.

ok we need to pinpoint the problem, we need to know if the game even launches or not, so open task manager and press launch on UPlay, check if the process ACRSP.exe starts or not. and also go to uplay settings and disable cloud sync for saves before launching the game.

its also worth to check UPlay logs, they are located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs

ZDefense
10-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Well when I try to launch the game exe process does appear (its ACC.exe not ACRSP.exe which does not exist)
Disabling cloud sync did not change a thing.

Tried looking at the logs, and in the 'game_starter_log' I see this error repeating:
[11288] 2015-09-29 02:37:41 [ 3604] ERROR inject_impl.cpp (151) Injected thread has exited. code 3221225477
[18332] 2015-09-29 02:37:41 [11316] ERROR GameStarter.cpp (291) Failed to inject suspended process. Process terminated '10856'
[18332] 2015-09-29 02:37:41 [11316] ERROR UplayConnection.cpp (303) Failed to inject overlay and create process exepath 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Rogue\ACC.exe', working directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Rogue', inject overlay 'true', Steam runtime present 'false'

Not sure I understand the root of the problem here. Hopefully you can.

YazX_
10-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Well when I try to launch the game exe process does appear (its ACC.exe not ACRSP.exe which does not exist)
Disabling cloud sync did not change a thing.

Tried looking at the logs, and in the 'game_starter_log' I see this error repeating:
[11288] 2015-09-29 02:37:41 [ 3604] ERROR inject_impl.cpp (151) Injected thread has exited. code 3221225477
[18332] 2015-09-29 02:37:41 [11316] ERROR GameStarter.cpp (291) Failed to inject suspended process. Process terminated '10856'
[18332] 2015-09-29 02:37:41 [11316] ERROR UplayConnection.cpp (303) Failed to inject overlay and create process exepath 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Rogue\ACC.exe', working directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Rogue', inject overlay 'true', Steam runtime present 'false'

Not sure I understand the root of the problem here. Hopefully you can.

oh, this is AC:Rouge not AC revelations, well usually ACR is referred to AC:Revelations thats why i said process name is ACRSP.exe, anyway, try to go to UPlay settings and disable UPlay Overlay and launch the game, see if this fixes your issue.

and also, do you have the game installed in this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Rogue

??

ZDefense
10-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Yeah that was the default destination folder during setup.

Ok so disabling the overlay allowed me to launch the game. Some progress!! Is there a way to fix it so I can start with the overlay? Supposedly it hinders some of the extra features or what not.
Also once in the game, I noticed that trying to access uplay and additional content in the game main menu does nothing (just clicking them and nothing happens)

YazX_
10-01-2015, 09:22 PM
You cannot access UPlay in game since we disabled overlay, technically speaking, when you click on the additional contents or uplay it will bring up the overlay. however clicking on additional contents asks for activation key to activate the ULC as AC:RO dont have any DLCs as far as i recall, however, there is nothing in UPlay overlay that cannot be seen in actual UPlay application itself.

if you want to enable it, you need to find the cause on why its failing, one possible reason is your AntiVirus, Overlay is injected into game process which is the same method used by malwares and viruses, so some AV softwares blocks such attempts (its called false/positive detection), so you can mark UPlay and ACC.exe as safe in your AV.

Another possible reason is its conflicting with another process, if you have any other overlays running in background, just close the application, one way to know (its lengthy process though) is to disable all startup applications and try to the launch the game with overlay, if it worked then you need to start enabling one application in startup at a time to know which one is causing the conflict.

ZDefense
10-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Yes there is additional content that comes with digital deluxe.... So I don't want to play before everything is properly set up. Anything else can be affected by this? Gaining uplay coins, achievements, whatever...?
I've tried excluding in AV and did not work.
I assume there is no other choice but to hope that a dev or someone that knows the code can understand what that error is exactly, how it is created and how to fix it....

In any case, thanks a lot for trying to help. Way more than anyone has done on uplay support system.

YazX_
10-01-2015, 09:55 PM
well, you will not miss anything when overlay is disabled, you can look up all the info you need in UPlay application, in AC:RO page within UPlay there is a list under "Play" button (Actions, Rewards,...DLC), click on DLC and it will show you all DLCs for the game, under each DLC it will show "OWNED" for contents that you own and "Buy Now" for contents that you dont.

only stuff you dont see if overlay is not present is notifications like incoming UPlay messages from friends and achievements unlocking notification while in-game, NOTE, those are just notifications only, if you ALT+TAB the game, everything will be present in UPlay.

np, you are very welcome, only thing i can suggest is to install the game to a different drive, you can move the game (copy & paste) then change the install location from registry to the new location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\895

there is a key called "InstallDir", change the value to where you have the game, NOTE, THE PATH SHOULD BE USING FORWARD SLASH "/" NOT BACKSLASH "\" , and before changing anything, backup the key (right click --> export) so you can restore everything if you messed anything up.

ZDefense
10-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Well if there really nothing to miss besides notifications thats great.

I will attempt to change directories.

Thank again!