PDA

View Full Version : Homm 7, disaster for a real HOMM fan, not yet hopeless.

dohh_
10-01-2015, 08:44 AM
I really do hope, that some patch will fix this: at the moment gameplay on Heroic level is like a walking in the park. This is ridiculous!!

1) Melee AI enemy doesnt do absolutely anything in order to harm my armies. They dont use waiting in order to hit my units at least once, they just walk. They never consider speed or initiate advantage in battles. Even faster units just walk into reach of my strong melees, instead of waiting and hitting my units with almost full stack at the start of next turn.

2) AI heroes are braindead! If they dont have any chance to win the battle, they wont do anything in order to harm me at least. They cast pointless spells like "stoneskin" for lat casting round!! They have regular attack now - they could almost always do some harm to player!!

3) When you attack neutrals, you wont see the exact numbers straight away, but preparing screen of battle shows them!! I can still cancel attack, whats the point of that??

4) Some neutrals show you "will fight" in dialog box, but when moving mouse over them glove insted of sword gives away, they are going to join you and not fight.

5) AI developes RIDICULOUSLY slow!!! tried solo map for starter on HEROIC, oh my god, what a waste of time... went to enemy with delay, as i was not familiar with the troops yet, so i took time to conquer everything safely. When I reached AI, he still had nothing!!! Invested hours and got no decent battle on heroic!! AI performance has to be reworked really soon! Game is implayable for experienced player!!!

6) after that i went campaign on heroic. Same thing!! Waste of time!!! nothing happens. you invest hours into gameplay and see virtually no resistance. What the hell is that second part of Dungeons campaing supposed to be?? Almost no resistance on entire map, only well crewed enemy sits in castle,..

7) AI heroes do very little to avoid contact with players main hero, even tho they could run further, seek for reinforcements!

8) when trying to capture towns, AI does nothing to survive for longer!! Just walks volunteerly outside of walls!!

9) AI is so dumb in battle, that in many case it doesnt even block ranged units even tho it could....

Please please fix these things!!! Dissappointment of a year by now!! Come on!!! You are on a right thing, but so many critical mistakes!!

------------------

Some minor thoughts too:

1) AI could consider whom to attack, when few stacks in reach. For example, there is no point to attack minotaur, if attacker dies first without doing any damage and being last stack alive. This is just stupid. AI doesnt consider special abilities.
2) Ai could spread damage in case it will definitely lose. For example, if player has one stack of arch angels in team, ranged ai could spread damage on 2 stacks, to quarantee at least some losses.
3) would be awesome, if AI did at least some minor linking of heroes at Heroic level.
4) Ai stacks could consider in battles blocking movement or back-stabbing of players large creatures, that would improve AI battle skills so much!
5) i want to repeat waht i told before too: AI should minimize time of being at full damage range of playerś range troops at all cost!!

X-Commando
10-01-2015, 09:00 AM
I'm sad to read your post. I have the feeling the game is broken and it will never reach the expected level.

Nostromov
12-27-2015, 08:57 PM
I have the feeling the game is broken [..]

No, no... Both of you guys are wrong, there is nothing wrong with the game; it's perfect, just the way it is.

Previous installments (5&6) used to have a terribly difficult Ai, in fact - what seemed to be a game-breaking balance issue - where a NPC enemy would drop-in to the map and wipe-out any-and-all forces which we've been building throughout the campaign(s).

Not even remotely similar to a difficult situation in HoMM4, which used to get fairly intense (to crazy hard); what I'm talking about is SUPERMAN showing up and destroying my game, making it impossible to progress. Honestly, really hoping that you guys are right & that HoMM7 is 'easy', as you say...

Here's to hoping! :) :)

LichArch
12-27-2015, 08:58 PM
IMO the only hope for this game is to do a complete redesign of its core. I am not interested on this dull gameplay.

LichArch
12-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Can you stop being personal? There is really no need for that. :)

Yes, I am interested in the future of this franchise and want to express myself about a game I don't enjoy and think is a failure and a shame to the brand. :)

Nostromov
12-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Dang it, guys, really?! So far - and I've only been playing Haven, for a few maps - it's been going GREAT. Seems to be a huge improvement, over the previous two (what I would call) failures, heh.

Edit: & especially 5, with the ******ed graphics and story - which they tried (their best) to shove down our throats (I know that you know what I'm talking about, in this case :))

LichArch
12-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Man I fully agree about the art direction in 5 that I personally do not like at all. I don't like better the visuals in 6 and 7 though. :)

And yeah the story.... GRIFFIN ETERNAL :D Silly really... But I don't like Ashan as a whole, even the new one (and hellloooo retcons :D). I find the original universe much more deep and interesting. What I like most in the old setting is that it leaves a lot to your imagination while in Ashan you have an explanation for everything and most of the times you really don't want to know. :D

OTOH though Heroes 5 had a great gameplay after Tribes and probably is why that game is still very popular (http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=41303). :)

MoritzBradtke
12-28-2015, 03:31 PM
what is the Point in upping a almost 3 months old thread? i can tell from personal experience that AI has already improved since then

some Points are still valid but really... whatever lol

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Indeed, as the game has had patches after this thread was begun.

I will close it.

Feel free to start a more up to date thread.

Thanks