PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

fr33py13
10-01-2015, 12:00 AM
We friend and I started a multiplayer coop game versus some AI opponents. Learning the game on this first play through but I am extremely disappointed in the fact that you can do NOTHING at all during another players turn.

Why am I stuck watching an hourglass spinning and movements of my teammates heroes. Why can I not look through my own town, spells, heroes, etc and "plan" my next turn in my head while my teammate is taking their turn. This is absolutely game breaking that I'm stuck with no ability to do anything while other players take their turn.

When other players have battles, you should be able to watch the fights. Instead the incentive is to perform "quick battles" so your teammates/human opponents aren't stuck waiting even longer while you manage a battle. At least if you could watch it would provide some entertainment.

Please, if possible, add the ability to browse your own kingdom during other players turns and allow the viewing of other battles.

I remember back in the day these games were a blast to play, I haven't played any since many years ago as a kid. I hope this game gets some necessary bug fixes/improvements and becomes something great to play.

Thanks,

Shannon

PS - Not necessarily MP related. But fix the issues with keybinding. I tried to rebind the camera keys for moving the camera as well as rotating it and as soon as I saved my changes it blew up keybindings of other keys and then after attempting to rest to default the camera keybindings completely disappeared. Now there is no option at all for rotating the camera so it makes it difficult to see the terrain. Even attempting to use the keys that I remember were defaulted to rotation don't work. Grrrrr

palu12
10-01-2015, 12:33 AM
You could do sim turns that would give you something to do while waiting for your friend's turn.

But I do agree, something needs to be done about the combat. Why am i forced to watch only the progress bar while other players are in combat?

Shredst0r
10-01-2015, 02:46 PM
So true. Multiplayer is no fun at the moment because of it.
Hope they change it soon.

Br
Shred

corosan
10-01-2015, 03:49 PM
True,
why is there an option for simultanious turns, when i have to stare at a progress bar? Not even able to watch his fight...
Thats really annoying.

ScuipiciTB
10-01-2015, 03:53 PM
People asked for this in CB2 and the devs listened. I do agree tho, you should be able to view town and the map so you can plan ahead.

Shredst0r
10-02-2015, 08:22 AM
People asked for this in CB2 and the devs listened. I do agree tho, you should be able to view town and the map so you can plan ahead.

No, if it really is simultaneous you should be able to do everthing else too while your opponent fights.
H5 TOTE managed the simultan turns pretty good in the end and there was even a fan patch (pest patch) that could extend them to last forever.
The fans will never accept a back step with that feature, so they need to fix it asap.

SUCKYSUCK_
10-02-2015, 12:20 PM
No, if it really is simultaneous you should be able to do everthing else too while your opponent fights.
H5 TOTE managed the simultan turns pretty good in the end and there was even a fan patch (pest patch) that could extend them to last forever.
The fans will never accept a back step with that feature, so they need to fix it asap.

But they will never do, because they dont care about their product ;)

Sir_Magnetron
10-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Yes they listened to not view the other players fight and that is a good thing. But Limbic oh my.. you guys decided to put a big block on the screen with an hour glass. Done fixed! How lazy game development is that! I really hope this is just temp. and that you will make it so the other player can just as said by others, just look at their town, creatures even scout the map!

Why was this even implemented to view the other players fight? Why not just like vs AI you see just nothing but the map and a bar that the other player is playing.

Hope this will be fixed.