PDA

View Full Version : sudgestion: lock room, or firend invite for Multiplayer

ayramatao
09-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Hello.
I was wondering why there isn't a possibility when hosting a map online to send an invite to any of your friends to join your room trough u-play or trough steam. (or through game) or why you can't set a password for it. Seeing as you could do this in heroes of might and magic 3 HD i think this would be a feature that shuld be in the game as me and my friends are probably not the only ones that does not want to use hamachii or tungle to sett up our games together!

thank you for reading.
-Ayra

palu12
09-30-2015, 05:47 PM
I agree, I spend a lot of time kicking players that are joining games while waiting for friends to join.

SUCKYSUCK_
09-30-2015, 05:56 PM
I agree, I spend a lot of time kicking players that are joining games while waiting for friends to join.

how did u even manage to make people join?????

palu12
09-30-2015, 06:16 PM
how did u even manage to make people join?????

If no one is joining they are likely timing out trying to join your game. Make sure that you have the ports open on both the router and your OS. Last night night I was getting a about 1 random joiner every 10 seconds. That said, I did see a lot of servers open that were 999 ping indicating that the game port was likely not open but the port to Uplay was.

SUCKYSUCK_
09-30-2015, 06:21 PM
If no one is joining they are likely timing out trying to join your game. Make sure that you have the ports open on both the router and your OS. Last night night I was getting a about 1 random joiner every 10 seconds. That said, I did see a lot of servers open that were 999 ping indicating that the game port was likely not open but the port to Uplay was.

That was exactly what my friend and me did allrdy. But it just dont work

palu12
09-30-2015, 06:28 PM
The quick test to make sure the point is actually open is create a socket to the port and have your friend do the same and connect. If you can connect to that port outside of Uplay/Homm7 then you know its homm7.

ayramatao
09-30-2015, 06:35 PM
i've red on the forums that even if you open the ports firewalls or antivirus program's can still interfere with the connection.
in my case i could host as soon as i opened the ports on my router, But since so many people are having problems hosting it leads to a lot of random people joining whatever open games they can find. And this creates the problem of not having the possibility to add a password to the games that one do host, or not having the possibility to invite friends (maybe make a reservation system, reserving a spot for whomever you invite)

at least the small amounts of maps available is fixed to some extent by the random map generator.
tough i can understand if they wait with this (still important feature in my mind) until they fix the stability issues so many people are having.