PDA

View Full Version : 45 for that ?????!!

dragonloup
09-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Seriously Ubi you are killing the Brand
From the start of the game with frozen picture with voice over it looks like a CHEAP game. It is heroes of might and magic!!!!! It has it s fan base and it s followers
I understand you try different style at every game , but here it is clearly offensive for the loyal fan. You just cut corner in development . It won t cost you much to make the different character animated instead of a moving camera over a still picture. The bad voice over is also an insult. You are really misunderstnading what people want . On the previous version you cut corner with the non development of the town till you had to change the dev team and patch it all to bring it . It really feels like you do not learn from your mistake . But beleive me , the fan will learn from there and stop following the franchise if you do not care about it .45 is a lot of money for such a cheaply made product . It is a triple A franchise . Correct that or you ll loose a few "more" players on the process and if you don t beleive me look a the 45% approval on steam it says a lot !!!!

Lombardic
09-30-2015, 03:29 PM
You got enraged from the still pictures??
Reasons to get enraged is the game is unplayable because of bugs and because of balance/technical issues..
So far the game feels fine. The animation and graphics were never a priority in a Heroes of Might and Magic game,.,.

My opinion is that this game is not for u simple..

neroon1987
09-30-2015, 03:55 PM
It's not only that exact issue. To name the few:
1) russian localization has numerous typos and shortened words which look silly and ugly
2) loading screen before combat of 2 vs 3 stacks for 5 secs? I mean, really? and it's with SSD drive, core I7 4700 and 24 GB high-speed RAM and GF770M videocard?
3) getting to main menu on said configuration takes ~5 minutes??
4) unit models are barely distinguishable on the battlefield due to horrid lighting and small scale? H6 had way more clear graphics, playing at max setttings here.

Animation and graphics may not be THE priority, but when those fail so hard, it's hard to enjoy a game.

majinmlf
09-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Dude nobody forced you to shell out 45bp or 60 euro - there have been major % on that game - just yesterday 40% on greenmangaming or just buy it from another retailer, i payed 22 euro for mine (16 pound ?)

Lombardic
09-30-2015, 04:32 PM
neroon my pc is 5 years old and it runs acceptable the game. there must be something with the drivers of ur pc.
MM6 had better graphics in my opinion, but the key here is 'different style'. They are just different, not better or worse. just personlly i prefer the MM6, but that dont make them worse.
About the russian.. i cant say a word here as i dont know at all :)

Downgrade ur graphics card driver, may work. I had similar problem with diablo3 and when i installed an older driver (1 year old) worked much better.

duntan
09-30-2015, 04:33 PM
It's not only that exact issue. To name the few:
1) russian localization has numerous typos and shortened words which look silly and ugly
2) loading screen before combat of 2 vs 3 stacks for 5 secs? I mean, really? and it's with SSD drive, core I7 4700 and 24 GB high-speed RAM and GF770M videocard?
3) getting to main menu on said configuration takes ~5 minutes??
4) unit models are barely distinguishable on the battlefield due to horrid lighting and small scale? H6 had way more clear graphics, playing at max setttings here.

Animation and graphics may not be THE priority, but when those fail so hard, it's hard to enjoy a game.

I agree completely. Add to that:
* First time i restarted the game the combat grid had vanished, the game is impossible to play when you dont know what units turn it is, cant see where it can walk/what to attak etc. Grid is not coming back whatever I do either...
* As you said the animation is not a prio and I'm not one to demand high graphics but when all buffs looks the same and animation takes 0.5 sec you have to go rightclick on units to see what spells were cast, it's just bad. Especially since fights depend on it, attacking a unit with retribution on it and you lose but animation wise they might just as well have cast heal or celestial armor or something.
* Everything is zoomed out so it's hard to see if it's crossbowmen or sentinels. Models are to similar and melt into the map graphics.
* You can't see what unit abilities does until you are in combat and can rightclick them.
* Adventuremap is full of non-interactable stuff with no real way of seeing whether buildings/objects are things you can interact with or only there for decoration. Same goes for where it is possible to move hero. Does it fit between those trees? Can you walk up that ledge? maybe maybe not, impossible to know from visuals.
* I couldn't figure out how to load a campaign between maps. I finished one map, restarded game before I began the next map, if I then click "Contntinue" in menues it goes back to the last day on first map, except the main quest is completed so the map doesn't end... In order to continue campaign I had to load an autosave from second last turn, redo last battle and then I could get out and start the next map.
* As you mentioned, loading, incedibly long, makes you wonder if game crashed and you are just sitting there... And before and after everything you do. No other HOMM has had loading before combat... Not a great feature to implement now...
* Uplay is just as crap as it has always been. Fail to sync, tedious, unessicary, slow and anoying.

The game is not finsihed and it wouldn't be very good as it is even if it were.

All in all. The game is not fun. And Ubisoft don't do refunds. This was the last time I bought one of thier games, and I hope they sell the franchise. Should be cheap after what they've done to it.

Wintermist
09-30-2015, 05:26 PM
To me it was money well spent, I will spend so much time in this, playing alone and with friends.

DanonMight
09-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Recently i regret any game from Ubi so i decided this one will be the last. BTW did you really paid 45 pounds for the game?... that is ridiculous.
I bought it 3 days ago for 21 pounds on Gamesdeal....
But i assume you bought it from steam or ubi than i understand couse they overpricing everything