PDA

View Full Version : Is ACS the current/next gen ACB?

dimbismp
09-30-2015, 12:06 PM
I think that ACS has been heavily inspired by ACB.Let's look at the similarities:
I)Liberate Rome-Liberate London
II)Templars search for the apple-Templars search for the Shroud
III)Cesare-Starrick
IV)Brotherhood-Rooks
V)One big city(Rome)-One big city(London)
VI)Help Leonardo-Help Darwin,D.ickens,etc
VII)Ezio gets to Rome for the first time(sort of)-The twins arrive in London for the first time
VIII)Evil templars-Evil templars(?)

Ofc there are a few differences,but the similarities are too many :P.Maybe it has to do with the fact that both games were written by Jefrey.Feel free to add more :D

ze_topazio
09-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Hopefully Syndicate will be as a good as Brotherhood is.

pacmanate
09-30-2015, 01:16 PM
Hopefully Syndicate will be as a good as Brotherhood is.

I need a Templar Grand Master worth caring about. Cesare was a whinny *****.

The only Templar masters I thought were mysterious and interesting are Rodrigo and Haytham (Al Mualim if he counts), the rest are forgettable. AC Unity's has to be the worst though, I didn't feel threatened by him because he showed up like 3 times doing jack all

VestigialLlama4
09-30-2015, 01:36 PM
I think that ACS has been heavily inspired by ACB.Let's look at the similarities:
I)Liberate Rome-Liberate London
II)Templars search for the apple-Templars search for the Shroud
III)Cesare-Starrick
IV)Brotherhood-Rooks
V)One big city(Rome)-One big city(London)
VI)Help Leonardo-Help Darwin,D.ickens,etc
VII)Ezio gets to Rome for the first time(sort of)-The twins arrive in London for the first time
VIII)Evil templars-Evil templars(?)

Ofc there are a few differences,but the similarities are too many :P.Maybe it has to do with the fact that both games were written by Jefrey.Feel free to add more :D

Well it differs from Brotherhood in several significant respects. Brotherhood was an Add-On DLC spinoff from and imported the supporting cast from that game forward, so the whole setting and period was already established in AC2 and they could just go focus on a new place. In Syndicate, as in Unity, the whole setting hasn't really been established effectively enough. So the supporting cast is new, setting is new and all that.

Systemic gameplay a la Brotherhood works really well when the conflict and situation is clearly established and we have a sense of familiarity with the characters and goals. We know Ezio's good, we know Borgia is evil. So once that is established, the whole gang mechanic takes off from there, it's done like an Ocean's Eleven kind of story. Tactically and strategically undermine your opponent from within. In case of Syndicate, since you don't have the familiarity you have to resort to stereotypes and genre to create that conflict. So you know Jacob is Edward+(Seq1)Ezio, Evie is the classic wallflower type. The bad guys are types.

So I don't know if Syndicate being like Brotherhood is a good thing.

ze_topazio
09-30-2015, 01:44 PM
I need a Templar Grand Master worth caring about. Cesare was a whinny *****.

The only Templar masters I thought were mysterious and interesting are Rodrigo and Haytham (Al Mualim if he counts), the rest are forgettable. AC Unity's has to be the worst though, I didn't feel threatened by him because he showed up like 3 times doing jack all

I was talking more about the game itself.

VoXngola
09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm certainly getting ACB vibes from it, that's for sure.

I wouldn't mind Syndicate turning out to be a Brotherhood-quality title.

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 03:42 PM
If it is, I'm okay with that.

Hans684
09-30-2015, 04:09 PM
To much for my taste but I've always liked comedy. And Starrick & Co are the clown. So it's gonna be fun but without the philosophical edge of Black Flag, Revelations or AC3, we've already seen what bad can be done under the Templar name and ideology. So I expect nothing new, just typical mustache twirling villains.

Sushiglutton
09-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Seems like an accurate description to me. Perhaps

IX) Introduced new ways to get around the city (bh: horses, s: carriages).

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Acs = ac4 + acb

Farlander1991
09-30-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm fine with that, cause Brotherhood was a pretty darn good experience, but what I would really also like, is a great story. (this doesn't mean layered gray Templars, btw, though it would be nice if they weren't just mustache-twirling villains). ACB provides a great cohesive experience, and its plot supports that experience, which is great that it does, but it's also very standard and not particularly great.

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm fine with that, cause Brotherhood was a pretty darn good experience, but what I would really also like, is a great story. (this doesn't mean layered gray Templars, btw, though it would be nice if they weren't just mustache-twirling villains). ACB provides a great cohesive experience, and its plot supports that experience, which is great that it does, but it's also very standard and not particularly great.

I just love the twin banter :D

I'd also rather these templars weren't just regular evil villains, but had reasons rather than pure evil for enslaving little children and shooting their buddies.

cawatrooper9
09-30-2015, 09:27 PM
I do think that there is some intangible similarity between these two games, and I've also made this connection that they're so similar. I really like some of your comparisons, but to play devil's advocate...:

I)Liberate Rome-Liberate London (liberation themes also found in ACIII, ACL, Freedom Cry and a bit in ACU)

II)Templars search for the apple-Templars search for the Shroud (the Templars are literally always searching for something

III)Cesare-Starrick (-Al Mualim-Rodrigo- Ahmet- Charles Lee- Roberts- de Fayet- Madeline- Germain- Shay Cormac... I can name Templars too!)

IV)Brotherhood-Rooks (Brotherhood is far from alone in having an Assassins brotherhood)

V)One big city(Rome)-One big city(London) (AC Revelations, Liberation, and Unity as well...)

VI)Help Leonardo-Help Darwin,D.ickens,etc (Help the Medicis, Piri Reis, Ben Franklin, Blackbeard, the Maroons, Napoleon... you were right about the "etc"...)

VII)Ezio gets to Rome for the first time(sort of)-The twins arrive in London for the first time (Ezio getting to Constantinople for the first time... Haytham getting to Boston for the first time... Connor getting to Botson AND New York for the First time...)

VIII)Evil templars-Evil templars(?) (Yeah, usually the Templars get along very nicely with the Assassins...)