PDA

View Full Version : Weapon choice?

FireFrog94
09-30-2015, 03:13 AM
Does anyone know if you can choose the type of weapon your character uses?

MrJoker.
09-30-2015, 05:40 AM
I think so.
They has created many types of weapons (swords , axes ), so I think that you will be able to use them alternately with the class of knights and Vikings because the samurai but rather will be able to use only a katana .

MisterWillow
09-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Not sure yet.

If I understand what the devs have said in interviews, each faction has different Hero/classes, which are each assigned a weapon and abilities specific to them, so to select a class is also to select a weapon, and vice-versa. Not 100% certain (especially given the limited info we have at present), but I haven't heard anything about multiple weapons for an individual Hero/class to pick from.

WYRDB0Y
10-01-2015, 10:13 PM
And the way they present for example in the newer Oni video, it states what the gear and the skills for the class are. Hints towards preset weapons and skills.

pokytik
10-02-2015, 10:44 AM
I really want to se an halberd, it will be an awesome weapon

coma987
10-03-2015, 12:20 AM
<------- Take a look at the soldiers coming out of the helmets.

Dead1y-Derri
10-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Not sure yet.

If I understand what the devs have said in interviews, each faction has different Hero/classes, which are each assigned a weapon and abilities specific to them, so to select a class is also to select a weapon, and vice-versa. Not 100% certain (especially given the limited info we have at present), but I haven't heard anything about multiple weapons for an individual Hero/class to pick from.

Now what I'm about to say is just my own imagination but what I think might happen is each hero class will have a specific weapon, this has been said in videos. However I think you might have the choice to customize your weapon in terms of aesthetics perhaps.

coma987
10-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Now what I'm about to say is just my own imagination but what I think might happen is each hero class will have a specific weapon, this has been said in videos. However I think you might have the choice to customize your weapon in terms of aesthetics perhaps.

The warden is 2 handed sword class, I am pretty sure a two handed sword is not a flail and the flail is most likely to be there so that is probably another hero. In the demo character select every customization thing had a different looking sword.

Dead1y-Derri
10-05-2015, 09:09 PM
The warden is 2 handed sword class, I am pretty sure a two handed sword is not a flail and the flail is most likely to be there so that is probably another hero. In the demo character select every customization thing had a different looking sword.

Agreed :D

coma987
10-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Agreed :D

It feels good, doesn't it my friend? It is weird, we are the few ones that know, me and my friend know, you know, I wonder who else.

MisterWillow
10-06-2015, 10:32 PM

Haven't they already confirmed that? I remember something to that effect being said somewhere... If not, I think it's a certainty. Why would they allow you to customise your armour, but not your weapon?

Dead1y-Derri
10-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Haven't they already confirmed that? I remember something to that effect being said somewhere... If not, I think it's a certainty. Why would they allow you to customise your armour, but not your weapon?

I don't know if they've said weapon customization specifically. They've obviously confirmed character customization which you'd think would include weapon customization.

Daedalus811
10-17-2015, 09:22 PM
I really hope there will be multiple weapon choices. If I would have to guess I think that each race will have various characters which differ in their weapon and such in their fighting style (two-handed, one-hand and shield and so on). I do hope that they implement some class fighting with a halberd or lance. Based on the fight between the Warborn and the Choosen in minute 0:58 in the world premier trailer I do hope that there will be a class from the Choosen using a Naginata which would be awesome, as long as you don't have to fight in confined places like within a castle :p But I guess the Naginata figting style could be nicely implemented into the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhdGimguvRI

DnBsoundsgo0d
10-28-2015, 08:12 PM
i realy want a tachi sword while playing as a samurai

Walkanwulf
10-30-2015, 04:28 PM
i realy want a tachi sword while playing as a samurai

I'd prefer the Ōdachi, that range would give you a superior advantage! :D

landsrider
11-01-2015, 01:15 AM
And the way they present for example in the newer Oni video, it states what the gear and the skills for the class are. Hints towards preset weapons and skills.

All I hope is they don't have bias on blunt weapons like mace and morning star. Cause most of the game developers took serious bias on those things except swords. Also, I hope they can show some real European martial arts in this game, like the REAL way to use an axe or mace.
So far they showed limited move-sets of claymore, so i'm doubt that they can take this any further.

SliceOBread
12-07-2015, 01:13 PM
I just hope that if they add shields it won't become something like "hit me i don't care, i'll wait when ur tired and finish you".

Snickmordur
12-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Hello!
If you go to the for honor subreddit there is a answer to your question from an employee which is that. Each hero is customizable in appearance and weapons.
Hope this helps!

CapnPunkin
02-18-2016, 02:00 AM
It seems rather obvious.

Each hero is given a specific weapon and skill set. A specialized purpose.

You can customize their gear and weapon.

Shields probably work the same as swords in that you have to block directionally. Or perhapse they can block two directions at once. Or offer some other defensive advantage.

I simply hope this game remains pure in that the scales of battle are evenly balanced.

As for my own weapon choice, the Longsword is my ideal weapon, I am already satisfied.

Joe_Corleone
02-19-2016, 09:09 PM
I feel like a lot of people on this forum know things that can't talk about because they have played the game, work for Ubi, have attended the masterclass, etc. Its kind of frustrating because for those of us that don't know get half answers that don't really answer questions we ask. I know NDAs are in place, but still frustrating.

That being said I really hope you can truly customize you armor and WEAPONS. Weapons is highlighted because I find that very important because it can truly set your character apart, and it's fun.

jeannaq
02-20-2016, 07:03 AM
It would definitely be cool to be able to pick from 3-4 swords for each type, with each sword having different characteristics.

premiumart
02-20-2016, 07:59 PM
It would definitely be cool to be able to pick from 3-4 swords for each type, with each sword having different characteristics.

Im just glad there are different skins in the first place.

jeannaq
02-21-2016, 06:12 AM
Im just glad there are different skins in the first place.

From what little I have seen about this game it is really hard to criticize anything, and any extras we get is really just extra icing on the cake.

premiumart
02-21-2016, 06:06 PM
From what little I have seen about this game it is really hard to criticize anything, and any extras we get is really just extra icing on the cake.

And i like to have icing on my cake. XD