PDA

View Full Version : Loving the game

Lanceupperkill
09-29-2015, 10:17 PM
A few bugs aside I am really digging the game. I didn't play the beta so the game is fresh to me with equal parts old and new to satisfy. I'm not really sure why there are so many negative and over the top reviews of the game.

RobvD84
09-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Because the game shouldn't have been released in this state. And this feels like H6 all over again. So yes ppl are angry and dissapointed.

Lanceupperkill
09-29-2015, 11:43 PM
From the complaints I was expecting a completely broken mess, I've noticed a few frame rate drops and some graphical issues but nothing game breaking. I haven't tried Multiplayer and I won't until I finish the Single Player so I can't speak for that side of things.

broui
09-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Because the game shouldn't have been released in this state. And this feels like H6 all over again. So yes ppl are angry and dissapointed.

I understand there are people having issues with the game. I have not and am really quite happy with it. Sure, there are a few bugs but nothing like H6 or even H5 at release. This feels nothing like H6. Not at all. I've been playing 10+ hrs straight without a crash. H6 sure can't do that even now and H5 rarely does for me.

MrD69
09-30-2015, 12:06 AM
how about adding some animation to the campaign instead of still images. H5 did it the best. H6 was ****, but even then it had characters that actually moved. seriously.

blurlzy
09-30-2015, 12:52 AM

I bought physical copy yesterday and installed the 11G patch, I have played a few hours this morning before heading off to office. It's quite good game actually. Much better than Vi.
It's running very well with all the effects turned into highest quality.

rickmme
09-30-2015, 01:37 AM
So far I haven't encountered any big issues. Performance is MUCH improved from beta 2, and I've had a vastly better experience on day one than I did with H6.

My only complaints so far are that it's still hard to visually tell what skills a hero has learned in all cases, and I can't seem to create a random map. The second one may be my bad since I haven't had a chance to really dig into it.

wolfing1
09-30-2015, 02:27 AM
I'm loving it too. My guess is that the complainers are either a very vocal minority, or they play part of the game I don't play (i.e. multiplayer) and thus, their part may be buggy. But for my part (campaign) I have little to complain. Basically a few minor bugs, and lack of difficulty on 'Normal' (feels like normal should be labeled 'easy' and hard should be labeled 'normal'). Other than that, I'm happy.

Rlec
09-30-2015, 03:23 AM
Started with Necropolis campaign and cant progress past mission 2. This isnt a bug its game breaking when you cant continue to play. There are other campaigns with the same problem. Please try Necropolis and let us know if you get past the 2nd mission.

Not a bug...you finish all quests and nothing happens...been everywhere on map and finished everything I could do...no was to end the mission.

This is the reasons people are very upset...its not bugs its the game breaking.

victorash
09-30-2015, 06:54 AM
it's a good initiative taht you had Lanceupperkill (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1875765-Lanceupperkill). If you wouldn't have opened this thread I would have done it at some point. There is a need also for good fed-back, not only complaining and bugs. This is motivating for devs to continue fixing.
I also like the game. Yes, it has some bugs and it's normal to have for a game like this, but there are so many improvements from beta. first of all the loading time of savegames is highly improved, in Beta2 I could play the small map till day 7 of week 1. After that the game blocked on loading or loading time was too big. also I had crashes every hour. For now I played more than 6 hours and not a single crash. Ai is moving way faster and overall I'm happy that the game is playable on my laptop minimum configuration. So I look of the potential of the game and I'm happy with what I see. in 1 year/ 1 year and a half this could be the continuation I've been waiting for long

RobvD84
09-30-2015, 07:14 AM
Really? So because ppl can't play the game they can't complain? What logic is that. This game has too many game breaking problems in my eyes. The long loading (at start up or when loading a save or a map, this is annoying when you have constant crashes and IS game breaking for me). And then the crashes when loading a saved game, wich is also hugely game breaking especially in combination with the long start up and loading. In the couple of days i won't have much time as yesterday and i just want to be able to save and load. And then we have all those little bugs and things that make the game look silly. Like the units walking in a stupid way when having the combat speed a bit higher, and many more of these things.
Anyway for me it is not about the complaining, but more about that this game is actually still in beta. This shoouldn't have been released yet. And we asked for a delay for a while now. And this will keep ppl from buying any other Ubi game in the future (or they will be hesitant to buy them).
No this game is far from positive and good. Yeah i had fun when it worked. But i don't know if i would play this game a lot.

I DO hope that most of you (happy) ppl can keep playing without any troubles, you deserved for beeing so positive and optimistic. But for me this is a huge dissapiontment, and this is everything i hate in the current gaming bussines, where they just push out games and they are not finished. WIth some of them you need to wait 6 months for them to work properly.

Oh yeah 1 last thing.
What is so bad in reporting bugs? (yeah ofcourse there would be complains about them since some of them are from the beta and should have been gone by now) Reporting bugs should be good, beause it gives them a list of what need fixing.

RobvD84
09-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Well actually the thing i find that was the biggest problem of this game was the limited time and resources. And this is Ubi HQ to blame for, because they decided that this franchise dind't deserved to be treated like how AC get's treated. While this franchise is already older then some ppl that work for them :P. So yeah i do blame Ubi, but not this team. They tried thier best with what they had.

Also how many times do you think ppl tried to give constructive criticism? For over 10 years ppl have given this, and it all ended up with H6 and this game. And a lot of ppl gave up or became frustrated (especially because they felt ignored by Ubisoft). The only thing ppl though of what could work at some point was to rage, and that is what happened back then at the necro reveal. So you the time for constructive criticism has been over for quite some time already. For a lot of ppl.
Me? i keep on going untill they fix it, make them not forget about the problems. Unless they pull the plug like they did with H6.

RobvD84
09-30-2015, 07:54 AM
Uhm i am sorry but no. Ubisoft has been testing my patience for a long time now. And i am slowly starting to get done with it. There are 2 other franchise (PoP and The Settlers) that Ubisoft has, wich they treat like crap that brings out anger with me. so nice try. I am just getting fed up with things, and it's not only Ubisoft.

Lombardic
09-30-2015, 08:26 AM
Well playing the beta and the release, i must say that the progress is awesome. The game is playable and that matters.
The graphics are different. I prefered tbh H6 ones, but must get over it. It is sure personal taste.
Magic skills.. yes, they do something now. Havent played much but the feel is like magic has been improved in lack of H6
Optimization. Still need work to do.. To have the game at playable state, it consumes almost every resource of pc. I hope they improve the code ahead

In total - i like it :)

victorash
09-30-2015, 09:04 AM
RobvD84 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1411614-RobvD84): I think everybody has the right to express their opinion as longs as it is in a civilized way. I don't know what's your working field, but if you were in working with public domain would you prefer to hear a customer's complain in a civilized way or would you prefer screaming and fighting one with the other? so it's not about what you do, but the way you do it. I try to remain realistic and see what I can do to improve the game. Complaining like a little baby and flaming (not you, but some on the forum) doesn't help from my point of view.

Griffildur (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1546605-Griffildur): thumbs up

MoritzBradtke
09-30-2015, 11:43 AM
game is awesome so far good work (: u really fixed lots of bugs since beta 2, i've only beaten haven map 1 so far on heroic and it was too easy but i guess the other maps will be harder, i'm familiar with the game already and u said haven is supposed to be easy at the first maps so i guess it's ok, i hope it will end with a challenge, however, I'm sure with a few patches to improve some stuff which will Pop up in the next weeks it will be one of the best hereos games so far (: i really like it

floyd.ryan
09-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Fantastic game so far! A shame that so many people have problems.

Albeoris
09-30-2015, 11:50 PM
I understand there are people having issues with the game. I have not and am really quite happy with it. Sure, there are a few bugs but nothing like H6 or even H5 at release. This feels nothing like H6. Not at all. I've been playing 10+ hrs straight without a crash. H6 sure can't do that even now and H5 rarely does for me.
19 hrs, 3 times the game has fallen with freeze OS (reboot as workaround -_-). We played beta. We said: the game is full of bugs, do not release it.
They heard us?? No. The desire to cut money prevails over common sense and decency.

Sir_Magnetron
10-01-2015, 12:12 AM
I have played the heaven campaign until map 3! My GPU goes to 83c but i played with the case open so 74c is fine! It is a good game with surprising gameplay, BUT! What i read from other people, out of syncs, campaigns not working etc etc. I mean COME ON have you guys ever tested the game?! Limbic?! You said out of sync issues could be fixed with an easy load?! What a lie! i have you guys saved on videos about that.

wolfing1
10-01-2015, 03:01 AM
Awesome game, loving it. Yes, there are bugs, but that's expected. I've played heavily for two days, I've seen several bugs (reported them in the bugs forum) but luckily nothing that stops me from continuing.

Rlec
10-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Wolfing? Did you get by the 2nd Nerco mission? Please play it and let us know if you havent yet.

PewSquare
10-01-2015, 08:55 AM
I like it for now as well. 8 hours in and i only had one crash (wich also corrupted an hour long campaign save so it was a pretty bad crash).

Its not completely unlike 6 but imo a lot better. There could be quite some improvement to it tough, and hopefully they are going to iron out the bugs and optimize it a bit more for people. I got a fairly strong pc so im fine at least with no fps drops.

What i would really like in the building menu, is maybe have the names of buildings under their squares, so you can see at a glance what buildigs are where.

MSRX92
10-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Well, the game isn't perfect, but so far I am liking it more than Heroes V or VI. A few patches and this will be a great game.