PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon meets Far Cry style open world!!!

Recon232369
09-29-2015, 09:37 PM
I'll be honest, I had a TON of fun going through the outposts (both quiet/loud) in Far Cry 3 and 4. While I get these are two distinctly different games I like the "outpost" idea of Far Cry and think they were done well and mapped out well. At the end of the day all we want is to be able to Recon an area, Decide Routes of Approach, ROEs (RULES OF ENGAGEMENTS) and take out the objective.

I like the idea that they are adding culture/communities into this game with the addition of civilians. Should make people think twice about opening fire in a random village.

Thoughts about the "outpost" idea? Would it be taking too much from another game?

Lolssi
09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
I personally hate respawns. So being able to slowly conquer map outpost by outpost sounds nice. Then again this could be done by simple objectives not necessarily outposts.
Also I'd like to see if base(whatever) has few enemies left they wouldn't blindly wanna kill themselves but would go and reinforce next base. And I don't mean dissappear and spawn next location but start running or take a vehicle and you could hunt them down if you'd like.

Also if you couldn't tell I haven't played Farcry 3 or 4 :). I played 15mins Blood Dragon until I realised how crappy save system those games have and gave up on them.
Hopefully this game gets back to Ghost Reconing.