PDA

View Full Version : Connor inherited Edward's robes.

Assassin_M
09-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Dang, I havent been here in so long I forgot how to create a thread. Took me about 5 minutes to find that dern button. Anyways, look at this.

https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/648585769091776512

So, yeah. Such a shame we found out 3 years later by accident.

Original credit goes to this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3mv321/connorsedwards_robes/

Farlander1991
09-29-2015, 09:05 PM
I was saying it looked a bit like proto-Connor robes ever since the first screen of Edward was released. Just saying :p

Assassin_M
09-29-2015, 09:11 PM
I was saying it looked a bit like proto-Connor robes ever since the first screen of Edward was released. Just saying :p
He did look like Connor with that dark hair in that screen.

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/assassins_creed_41111.jpg

VestigialLlama4
09-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Well Connor did restore the family honor after the black sheep, who can't even sail a boat, ruined everything after all.

Alphacos007
09-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Nice, I never had noticed that before, but now that I saw the comparisson, they do indeed look very much alike. Nice to know that it's been confirmed!

VestigialLlama4
09-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Incidentally in Syndicate, Edward's Pirate Assassin Flag is there on the trian. The one with the Skull inside the A-Logo

LoyalACFan
09-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Incidentally in Syndicate, Edward's Pirate Assassin Flag is there on the trian. The one with the Skull inside the A-Logo

I think it's likely he'll be heavily referenced in Syndicate, given that he spent the latter decade of his life in London. I hope they let us see the Kenway Manor, that would be cool. Even if it's just an Easter egg, like a random dilapidated house in the open world that's never explicitly shown in the story, but has some sign on it, like a Kenway family crest or something.

Assassin_M
09-29-2015, 09:50 PM
I think it's likely he'll be heavily referenced in Syndicate, given that he spent the latter decade of his life in London. I hope they let us see the Kenway Manor, that would be cool. Even if it's just an Easter egg, like a random dilapidated house in the open world that's never explicitly shown in the story, but has some sign on it, like a Kenway family crest or something.
There's an image of the game with a poster with the Kenway name plastered on a bridge pillar. There's also a leak about the game starting in the USA showing the american assassins with George Westinghouse being their mentor. We better get some direct references.

ze_topazio
09-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Wasn't the Kenway manor confirmed already?

LoyalACFan
09-29-2015, 09:58 PM
There's an image of the game with a poster with the Kenway name plastered on a bridge pillar. There's also a leak about the game starting in the USA showing the american assassins with George Westinghouse being their mentor. We better get some direct references.

Sounds cool. Good to see ya again, M.

I have no idea. Maybe. I haven't really been following Syndicate news that much, just what I pick up during my infrequent visits here and on other game sites.

Assassin_M
09-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Sounds cool. Good to see ya again, M.
Thanks, man, you too. One quick request. Can you please edit my quote in your post? I forgot to add a spoiler tag, i'm sorry.

Altair1789
09-29-2015, 10:09 PM

It depends on how you look at it. On a map poster it says "Kenway Manor??" in an area outside of the map. Personally I think there'll only be a couple references

LoyalACFan
09-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks, man, you too. One quick request. Can you please edit my quote in your post? I forgot to add a spoiler tag, i'm sorry.

Done :)

Assassin_M
09-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Done :)
Thank you so much.

pacmanate
09-29-2015, 10:31 PM
Still don't get Edward had mad tailoring skills to make Walpoles robes look like that. Never will, they are completely different.

Farlander1991
09-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Still don't get Edward had mad tailoring skills to make Walpoles robes look like that. Never will, they are completely different.

Uhm... he just removed the coat and put on the leather pads. That's it. No tailoring skills. Though he did somehow magically wash it :D

VestigialLlama4
09-29-2015, 10:42 PM
I have to say I really didn't like Edward's Assassin robes. I much preferred the alternative costumes of Black Flag, including the ones that came with pre-order DLC, mostly because they resembled period clothing. I even liked the Shark Hunter outfit, this sleeveless brown vest and bandana (essentially Edward's original costume before he meets Walpole), that I think Edward would wear because he felt one of the guys. Likewise, I always make sure I wear the Gentlemen/Stede Bonnet oufit for the last mission, so that Edward looks smart when he meets his daughter Jenny. Why dress up like an armed to your teeth pirate to meet a little girl.

Connor's Assassin outfit is also kind of ugly but that actually makes him blend in this era. It's not exactly an aesthetic era, it's the frontier and you need clothing that's all terrain and the Assassin outfit looks like that.

SixKeys
09-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Good catch. Can't believe the fandom didn't realize this until 3 years later. I guess they were too subtle about it.

Farlander1991
09-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Good catch. Can't believe the fandom didn't realize this until 3 years later. I guess they were too subtle about it.

But I've said it a bunch of times during AC4 promotional period :( Like, ok, all the other people all over Internet, but you were here :(

VestigialLlama4
09-29-2015, 10:59 PM
But I've said it a bunch of times during AC4 promotional period :( Like, ok, all the other people all over Internet, but you were here :(

We should give Farlander a hug. :o

I myself never noticed it much, because I generally changed Edward's outfit first chance I got, so I would put that bright red coat over his shoulders, which also removes his hat/hood or other accessories. And then I would use the Captain Morgan Redingote outfit because damn it, I wanna be a pirate.

SixKeys
09-29-2015, 11:45 PM

I honestly can't remember, but cut me some slack, that was 2 years ago. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Welcome back M :)

About the topic/thread, it kinda makes an interesting connection about where the robes originated from, but as Alex said, it was in the ORIGINAL draft, so it was changed to the point where no one could point it out easily.

Makes me wonder why it was changed in the first place.

So what about John De La Tour? So when Achilles told Connor that they were De La Tour, he "lied" since it wasn't originally his, and just modified it?

Assassin_M
09-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Welcome back M :)

About the topic/thread, it kinda makes an interesting connection about where the robes originated from, but as Alex said, it was in the ORIGINAL draft, so it was changed to the point where no one could point it out easily.

Makes me wonder why it was changed in the first place.

So what about John De La Tour? So when Achilles told Connor that they were De La Tour, he "lied" since it wasn't originally his, and just modified it?
Thank you, I missed you guys.

Achilles said that his robes from Rogue were De La Tour's, not the ones Connor gets after his training, but the ones Connor fetches from the cave in the homestead mission.

RVSage
09-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Wowwww :D I mean I have never thought about it.. just wowww

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Makes you wonder why (or how) Achilles kept Edward's robes in his basement all this time. He never even met the guy.

I-Like-Pie45
09-30-2015, 01:58 AM
i think this is the most the developers have ever done for connor storywise in three years lol

Consus_E
09-30-2015, 03:59 AM
Makes you wonder why (or how) Achilles kept Edward's robes in his basement all this time. He never even met the guy.

Maybe through Adewale?

Adewale: Hey Achilles I got these old robes from my former best friend who retired from piracy to London after being a selfish ***** for years.
Achilles: Wow he does sound like a *****!
Adewale: Oh don't worry he was cool. Anyway his son sucks, like REALLY sucks, seriously the worst person ever, 10/10 would assassinate! So I need you to hold onto these robes on the random chance that a less ****ish member of the Kenway family pops in and asks you to train them in the art of assassination or lovemaking or whatever the kids these days are interested in...
Achilles: Cool no problem.
Adewale: So I gotta run, people to see Templars to kill, but send for me if you get a recruit who seems untrustworthy and makes his own luck.
Achilles: Will do!

Moultonborough
09-30-2015, 05:04 AM
Maybe through Adewale?

Adewale: Hey Achilles I got these old robes from my former best friend who retired from piracy to London after being a selfish ***** for years.
Adewale: Oh don't worry he was cool. Anyway his son sucks, like REALLY sucks, seriously the worst person ever, 10/10 would assassinate! So I need you to hold onto these robes on the random chance that a less ****ish member of the Kenway family pops in and asks you to train them in the art of assassination or lovemaking or whatever the kids these days are interested in...
Adewale: So I gotta run, people to see Templars to kill, but send for me if you get a recruit who seems untrustworthy and makes his own luck.

That is the funniest post I have read on here in a long time. ;)

LoyalACFan
09-30-2015, 05:21 AM
Maybe through Adewale?

Thou hast given me a chuckle, kind forumer.

But yeah, getting them through Adewale makes sense, they seemed pretty chummy. I could see Ade wanting to preserve Edward's legacy after he was killed.

Mr.Black24
09-30-2015, 05:42 AM
Wait a moment, I am very confused. So the robes that were given to Connor, the one we all know, are the exact same robes of his grandfather Edward, but just heavily modified?They look nothing alike, aside from a few traits. Its like a 93% difference between one another. I like theories about the Kenways, as you all know, but this is a difficult pill for me to swallow.

EDIT: I found a pic comparison, but no, I don't buy it one bit. It feels like the design is just coincidence. http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Connor_Robes_a_zpsvv4fbyen.png

As for Alex saying that Achilles implied anything, the only thing that we know that was said of Edward was when Connor mentioned him to be an Assassin and a Pirate, but nothing else. This is like saying that a tiger and a lion are the same animal, just because they happen to be part of the big cat family.

pacmanate
09-30-2015, 05:46 AM
Wait a moment, I am very confused. So the robes that were given to Connor, the one we all know, are the exact same robes of his grandfather Edward, but just heavily modified?

Yes. Also don't forget that Achilles went to London, striped Edward nekkid before the attack on his home, and kept his clothes in his basement.

VestigialLlama4
09-30-2015, 06:02 AM
Wait a moment, I am very confused. So the robes that were given to Connor, the one we all know, are the exact same robes of his grandfather Edward, but just heavily modified?They look nothing alike, aside from a few traits. Its like a 93% difference between one another. I like theories about the Kenways, as you all know, but this is a difficult pill for me to swallow.

EDIT: I found a pic comparison, but no, I don't buy it one bit. It feels like the design is just coincidence. http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Connor_Robes_a_zpsvv4fbyen.png

As for Alex saying that Achilles implied anything, the only thing that we know that was said of Edward was when Connor mentioned him to be an Assassin and a Pirate, but nothing else. This is like saying that a tiger and a lion are the same animal, just because they happen to be part of the big cat family.

Aside from the leather jacket with shoulder patches that Edward wears over that, it is the same shirt, Connor just has different buttons that's all. And the coat does look believably faded.

Mr.Black24
09-30-2015, 06:13 AM
Aside from the leather jacket with shoulder patches that Edward wears over that, it is the same shirt, Connor just has different buttons that's all. And the coat does look believably faded.
I don't know mate, I am looking at three high quality pics of Connor and Edward right now, and they look way too different still.

Pics are way too big to post them up here, but here are the ones I'm looking at:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36100000/The-Assassin-s-image-the-assassins-36141621-1920-1080.jpg

http://www.yoyowall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Connor-Assassins-Creed-Ii-.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141022161330/assassinscreed/images/a/a5/Edward_Render.png

Like I want to believe it, but at the same time, I feel like I'm being made fun of. Its like, "Hey Connor doesn't have a sequel but why not give something to him anyway." "Like what?""Oh yeah lets see we can uh *sees Edward's shirt* say that *sees Connor's shirt* uhhh oh that he has Edward's shirt!" "Nice idea, gud jub everyone"

I would like some more info to ease my doubts at least. Like real canon info on how it came to be.

EDIT: Wait....remember when the devs say that when Connor received his robes, he modified it to reflect more of his Mohawk heritage. When we first see it, it already had a native touch on it. Were we meant to see Edward's remains of his Assassin outfit, right before Connor brought it back to life? Ok I'm getting a little bit excited now, but this is still a tiny detail though.

king-hailz
09-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Hang on a second! First of all welcome back M!

Second. Ashraf Ismail replied to the tweet saying '@BangBangClick @OfficialAidenP there's also a link with the originator of the outfit. See if your detective mind can figure it out'

Who can figure this out?

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Second. Ashraf Ismail replied to the tweet saying '@BangBangClick @OfficialAidenP there's also a link with the originator of the outfit. See if your detective mind can figure it out'

Duncan Walpole? :confused: He is the originator of Edward's outfit.

Shahkulu101
09-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Yes, and this outfit is actually Altair's, which was passed down to Ezio through Giovanni and eventually ended up in the possession of Walpole - and after Connor was done with it he gave it to a recruit who was sent to France and killed, the French Brotherhood kept it until Arno became an Assassin. Arno later donated it to the English brotherhood as a gift, and the Frye twins' father hung on to it for Jacob to have when he became a big boy.

ze_topazio
09-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Yes, and this outfit is actually Altair's, which was passed down to Ezio through Giovanni and eventually ended up in the possession of Walpole - and after Connor was done with it he gave it to a recruit who was sent to France and killed, the French Brotherhood kept it until Arno became an Assassin. Arno later donated it to the English brotherhood as a gift, and the Frye twins' father hung on to it for Jacob to have when he became a big boy.

The robes eventually ended on Desmond's hands.

GunnerGalactico
09-30-2015, 05:25 PM
^ And don't forget that Shay had those robes for a short period of time and left it beside Charles Dorian after killing him so that Arno could keep it until he was old enough to use it. :p

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 05:30 PM
I really don't see the similarity, especially with those massive pics Mr.Black24 provided. Like...everything is different about the shirt except the colour.

ze_topazio
09-30-2015, 06:57 PM

The robes eventually ended on Desmond's hands.

^ And don't forget that Shay had those robes for a short period of time and left it beside Charles Dorian after killing him so that Arno could keep it until he was old enough to use it. :p

Evolution of the legendary Assassin robes first used by Abel and inherited by many Assassins over the centuries with minor customizations to fit that Assassin taste.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/rlg6rl.jpg

Abel probably wouldn't recognize his robes anymore.

Mr.Black24
09-30-2015, 07:03 PM
The biggest problem I have with this is that the devs said that Connor modified the robes to reflect his native heritage. However when Connor first goes to the basement and sees the robes, they're exactly the same condition that he is going to wear it as. Which is why I have a hard time believing this and it feels like they're just throwing breadcrumbs at us Connor fans as a joke. How can you trump a story canon cutscene like that with the words from the devs themselves?

Locopells
09-30-2015, 07:08 PM
That, I've always believed, was a mistake on whoever created that sequence's scenes. After all, why would Achilles have customised them thus?

Sure, he had some dealings with the NA's, but he never used those robes, as far as we know.

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 07:13 PM
The biggest problem I have with this is that the devs said that Connor modified the robes to reflect his native heritage. However when Connor first goes to the basement and sees the robes, they're exactly the same condition that he is going to wear it as. Which is why I have a hard time believing this and it feels like they're just throwing breadcrumbs at us Connor fans as a joke. How can you trump a story canon cutscene like that with the words from the devs themselves?

Connor modified them by adding a feather! :p

MongoosE97
10-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Holy god damn cow this is awesome :D

HDinHB
10-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Maybe someone pointed out that it was really Connor's robes that were modified for Edward? It's likely Connor's robes were designed for AC3 before Edward's robes were designed for AC4.

In any case, they look different to me, but maybe it's like grandpa's axe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus): They replaced the hood and the sleeves and the body, but they are still Edward's robes.

Consus_E
10-01-2015, 03:50 AM
Almost wish Edward's robes did look more like Connor's. It would have been really neat to see Connor's robes transformed from pirate to native style.

cawatrooper9
10-01-2015, 02:28 PM
This is super embarrassing, but whenever I play ACBF, I always use Connor's legacy robes. I always liked the non-cannonical idea that Connor got his robes handed down to him from his grandfather. I am so pumped that I was apparently right about this!