PDA

View Full Version : [Bugs] Some bugs I've encountered

SuuperTommyy
09-29-2015, 07:46 PM
1) When you level up after a fight, the level up text is behind the summary of the match (XP received etc)

2) When Troglodyte is about to dig itself up from the dirt, it appears for half a second on the spot before the digging animations kicks in

3) In the town when you buy a construction (building, dwelling or what the name is) e.g. a creature dwelling, and you go directly to the buy creature screen, the new building animation and sound effect appears in the background. It shouldn't do that until you go back to your townscreen, because you miss out where the building appears.

LegacyForTheWin
09-29-2015, 08:53 PM
4) If you kill AI heroes the symbol on the minimap does not disappear

DocMcJansen1
09-29-2015, 08:57 PM
5) The catapult animation is out of place...you first see the bolder flying and then the arm of the siege machine moving....pretty obvious bugs...curious why they didn't fix them..rushed?!

Phase1Skeith
09-29-2015, 10:08 PM
pretty obvious bugs...curious why they didn't fix them..rushed?!

*gasp* :nonchalance:

alomonx2
09-29-2015, 10:18 PM
6: Aura of purity does not do anything as far as i've seen (on the 3rd academy campaign mission)

7: Clarity gives -20 magic even on the first spel of combat, not just the one after having cast a prime spell (on the 3rd academy campaign mission)

Death_gauge
09-29-2015, 11:33 PM
8) subtitles on title sequence and on beginning of purple campain all read as S1, S2, S3 etc...
9) random heroes icon on the battle vs AI setup are in german not english (I haven't even got to the campaign yet)
10) seeing as there is no tutorial, couldnt check this out, but the stronghold seige creature (dreamwalker, just found) that heals your units, you can actually heal on the first turn of selection, you can only fire at stuff. then it fires 3 times... I dont get what that thing is meant to do. Also it cant ressurect creatures, just heal. Seems a bit **** and pointless?
11) Your graphics settings suck **** for a GeForce GT 220 graphics card, ALL the settings are on low and still I cant get fluid movement on the main map screen. It might be a bit out date... but srsly?
12) If you turn off 'Bloom' in the graphics settings, the whole game is unplayable.
13)The initial cut scene for the campaign is bizarre because they aren't moving when they are talking... like is that part of the plan or is my graphics card braindead (more than it should be)?
14) The AI is too easy to kill. On the one battle I have done so far on the duel selection, I had won by turn 2... Like... wtf?
15) the map titles are in French on the duel vs AI screen.
16) You rushed a game out before it was ready. You blocked out the new players market because you cant even make a tutorial. Shot yourselves in the foot. I'm tempted to go back to HOMAM 6 -.-

...more to come I'm sure

alomonx2
09-30-2015, 12:57 AM
The still cutscenes seem to be intended, probably for some artistic effect or some **** (maybe low budget?)

Sesethi
09-30-2015, 01:12 AM
17) Battle Music is not looping. After first playout it just stops
18) Landscape tooltips have german titles when right clicking them
19) Subtitle options shows only - , which I guess is what explains the S1,S2,S3,etc subtitle descriptions.
20) Information details in the right corner of the screen are also in german. But when you click it for more information, the descryption is in english

nllsq
09-30-2015, 04:26 AM
* Some mines offer only 2 options: plunder or cancel. I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. However, after plundering, the PLUNDERED status often gets stuck at "4 days remaining" despite how much time passed on. I am stuck on the second campaign mission for the Necromancer, because I must occupy 3 more mines to win the scenario and this bug is preventing me.

* During battle, if I make flying creatures like Banshees or Vampires to "wait," and then moved them before the end of the turn (as intended), THEN on the Next turn, I am only able to fly them backwards on the battlefield. If then I make the hero cast a spell, I become able to fly the Banshees or Vampires forward. This does not appear with walking creatures.

* [Strange feature] - the chime music upon winning a battle is like 200% louder than everything else, making it very unpleasant. I

* [Strange feature] - why the spell "reveal treasure" is given only to the hero who touches the first obelisk? This locks that particular hero into digging to the tear of Asha, a task usually done much better by secondary heroes.

* [Strange feature] - the random map generator is quite clunky so far. Still, better a bad generator than none. However, there are a few strange features:
- we have to select a terrain type, like Grass, Snow, etc, which gets applied to the entire map. Can't there be some variety? There is no need to stick to just one terrain type.
- when trying to play the completed map, I have to choose the races of player and enemies, without having the option of leaving them as "random." Why?

The game shows lots of promise. Please, lets finish it to the level of a sound product.

Rafister
09-30-2015, 06:23 AM
Might as well add some of the bugs I've encountered when playing one of the non campaign maps:
-Some units (like the cavalier and that direwolf) from haven also suffer from the wait+move and then be unable to move forward bug, unless you attack with your hero/cast a spell, or puto auto combat on. (also happens with banshees/ghost on necro)
-Neutrals can't handle/comprehend week of the storm (shooting is forbidden), I don't known if its intended but ranged enemies will just lie down and die instead of trying to melee you. Also Haven's ballista (haven't tried other offensive war machines) can perfectly bypass the ranged restriction during week of the storm.
-Some artifacts don't work correctly, there is a relic, a crown that gives 8 mana regen per day and spells last 2 additional turns on friendly units, this last effect (longer spell effect on friendly units) does not work, I've tested it with a couple of spells to no avail.
-Some units don't seem to be aware of their size in certain situations.. My own experience was a battle vs 3 stacks of Striders (which are 2x2 size), and the layout was such that there was a small 1x2 passage on the north part of the battlefield to cross directly to my archer, and some other rocks south of there. One of the striders went south and all the way around (so, the correct pathing) to try and reach my archer, but the other 2 striders decided to stay as close as possible to this 1x2 passage (that they could never cross due to their size), even if I was bombarding them with magic, ballista and archer shots...
- This only happened on certain "cripts", I was boxing my archer in a corner between 3 legionnaires with the healing sister. At the first the AI will rush you (but they will still leave some skeletons behind for no good reason...), but after some clashing with the legionnaires they will start defending in melee range, while you can pummel them with your archer/ballista/hero, so this will allow you to beat cripts that you shouldn't..
-On the skill tree, the perfect skills will sometimes "stop shining", as if you hadn't leveled them. if you click on them they will shine again, so this time it's just a visual bug, but it can seem you "lost" your perfect skill for no good reason.
-Healing sisters can't revive seraphs (but resurrection spell can), if there is a reason it isn't specified anywhere.

On a side note, not a bug, but the scaling on certain spells seems a bit crazy to me (like inner fire I think it's called), which was very soon giving me over 30 atk and 10 initiative, I understand the initiative is not game breaking but 30 to 5X atk (later in the game) is pretty much unbeatable, so if the enemy doesn't have the perfect skill to match your attack they will have a very hard time with you.

LegacyForTheWin
09-30-2015, 07:13 AM
21) Translation issues. Mistakes and even worse missing words
22) GUI: Some words and sentences are unreadable (too long / font size too large)

LegacyForTheWin
09-30-2015, 07:17 AM
23) AI: Still poor. Doesnt pick up resources, doesnt capture or plunder enemy mines, also fight is not very challenging. I only loose if the enemy hero has a FAAAAAAR superior army or level.
For me this is a bug.

erikaviking
09-30-2015, 07:38 AM
Hello everyone, hello Ubi & Limbic Team,

it would be very nice to have again the BUG REPORT button on the Game site/or here to get the possibility to post you the bugs one by one maybe with some ScreenShots from the PC, laptop, whatever.
To the listing here, what the other players wrote, I noticed the same issues, bugs.

Deenerulez2193
09-30-2015, 08:41 AM
* During battle, if I make flying creatures like Banshees or Vampires to "wait," and then moved them before the end of the turn (as intended), THEN on the Next turn, I am only able to fly them backwards on the battlefield. If then I make the hero cast a spell, I become able to fly the Banshees or Vampires forward. This does not appear with walking creatures.

This problem occurs with any creature in battle that has the highest initiative. When a creature waits to move last in the first turn, then moves first in the second turn, the movement path is not updated.

SuuperTommyy
09-30-2015, 12:14 PM
24) When your Air Elemental does its "strike and return" special ability and the enemy retaliate, the Air Elemental start hovering far up in the air before resetting on the ground on its original spot. (Note; it does this after returning to the spot)

25) When the Faceless war machine cast its spell on a friendly creature, there's no sound effect. Just silence.

bigaxd
09-30-2015, 12:38 PM
just like I expected. No moderators even caring about this thread

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-30-2015, 12:49 PM
just like I expected. No moderators even caring about this thread

Hi bigaxd, We are reading.

LegacyForTheWin
09-30-2015, 09:48 PM
26) Game crashes when loading savegames. This is the most annoying bug I encountered so far. All savegames wont load. The games are single player. Didnt try the campaign yet.

vfs90
09-30-2015, 11:30 PM
This bug isnt only in campaign,its in a single too. "Clarity gives -20 magic even on the first spel of combat, not just the one after having cast a prime spell"

Darkovan
10-01-2015, 12:44 AM
This bug isnt only in campaign,its in a single too. "Clarity gives -20 magic even on the first spel of combat, not just the one after having cast a prime spell"

I have a different bug with clarity:
Skirmish Map: The Dried Lands.
Hero: Luna
After taking the skill clarity the first combat it works as intended but for all combats afterwards it was like i never took the skill, couldn't cast a second spell.

Another bug i had was a enemy unit moved inside the tile of a big 2x2 unit and i couldn't target it with creatures, heroes or spells even after the larger unit had been killed, i moved all my units away from it hoping it would move out of the bigger units corpse, which it did but i still couldn't target it with single target ability's. The only way i was able to harm it was retaliation and Fire Ball/wall. The small unit was a Dryad and the larger Unit was a Treant.

Another bug i noticed is that creatures with on hit abilities wont activate their on hit ability if their target dies:
For example, if you have eternal servitude: Revives 40% of destroyed skeletons or skeleton hopilites of a stack after it attacked without being completely destroyed by the attack. How this usually works is that i attack and the creature retaliates ill get back 40% of my stack after the retaliation or if i hit a creature that doesn't retaliate i get back 40% of however much of my stack had been destroyed already or nothing if the stack was full. However, if the attack kills the target it doesn't activate.
Another example of this is that my vampires wont heal 40% of the damage they deal if the target dies.

There have been other bugs but many have been mentioned in this thread already.

This isn't so much a bug as possible balancing issue with necropolis heroes, in the early game their necromancy is too weak and in the mid->late game it is too powerful.

This is what i mean by too powerful.

There is a turning point when your hero is powerful enough to take on stronger armies with magic or attack/defense skill then it otherwise could, at this point in the game you are able to recruit silly amounts of skeletons. for example i went into a fight against 300 treants with 2000 skeletons and 600ish ghosts, the treants were in a single stack so i wrecked them with implosion and teleported my skeletons in. After the fight i had just over 4000ish skeletons and 1200ish ghosts. The strongest enemy army's on the map at the time were running only a few hundred troops (combined).
What im trying to get at is that there is a point where every fight on the map is easy/moderate/severe/deadly and then after just 1 fight every other single fight on the map is trivial because you recruited too many skeletons and you snowball from there. My last few games i have had so many that i removed all other troop types from my armies because recruitment in city's was no where near as strong as recruitment from enemy's.

This is what i mean by too weak.

In the early game you have to pick every fight very carefully, your hero is too weak on attack/defense or magic to give you much strategic advantage. the lack of any early game ranged units for necropolis forces you to go hit for retaliation with everything and your hero doesn't have any levels in necromancy which means you only raise 5% of the army value of living creatures that died during the fight. this often results in only 1-2 skeletons raised at the end of the fight.
You have to spend your first 7 level-ups on necromancy to make it worth anything which means you didn't put 7 points in things that would have made your hero stronger against enemy heroes.

^This last is just my opinion, i do feel that it needs to be looked at though.

Sindanar
10-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Have been playing a skirmish, and ever since the first time I cast a Prime spell activating the Clarity ability (one more free spell at -20 magic and higher mana cost) the effect has stuck.
The hero now has permanent clarity, making her casting completely useless: always -20 magic, and always high mana cost... Can't seem to find any way to get rid of it.

Goes without saying, but it's an incredibly annoying bug.

Tukann
10-13-2015, 08:14 PM
I have the same problem. I have Necromancer campaign where I should take 17 mines. I have 12/17 and others was Plundered. But they didn't "revive" so I am stucked in quest and can't progress ... so bad for this game :( PLEASE HOTFIX AND UPDATE ASAP

* Some mines offer only 2 options: plunder or cancel. I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. However, after plundering, the PLUNDERED status often gets stuck at "4 days remaining" despite how much time passed on. I am stuck on the second campaign mission for the Necromancer, because I must occupy 3 more mines to win the scenario and this bug is preventing me.

* [Strange feature] - the chime music upon winning a battle is like 200% louder than everything else, making it very unpleasant. I

* [Strange feature] - why the spell "reveal treasure" is given only to the hero who touches the first obelisk? This locks that particular hero into digging to the tear of Asha, a task usually done much better by secondary heroes.

* [Strange feature] - the random map generator is quite clunky so far. Still, better a bad generator than none. However, there are a few strange features:
- we have to select a terrain type, like Grass, Snow, etc, which gets applied to the entire map. Can't there be some variety? There is no need to stick to just one terrain type.
- when trying to play the completed map, I have to choose the races of player and enemies, without having the option of leaving them as "random." Why?

The game shows lots of promise. Please, lets finish it to the level of a sound product.