PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate before Unity?

blackjokerface
09-29-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm planning to buy a PS4 to play Syndicate. I have already Unity, but never play it yet.

My question is for Ubisoft, is it ok to play Syndicate before Unity? Or did i will miss some important clue and i should play Unity first?

VestigialLlama4
09-29-2015, 07:35 PM
They are standalone games, so aside from a couple of spoilers, I think you can play both games in either order.

Jessigirl2013
09-29-2015, 08:49 PM
They are standalone games, so aside from a couple of spoilers, I think you can play both games in either order.

Really?

Syndicate doesn't reference Unity at all.:confused:

I know UBI wants to forget Unity existed... But isn't that too far. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
09-29-2015, 10:52 PM
Really?

They can reference it, but they probably won't be tied story-wise.

EmptyCrustacean
09-29-2015, 11:34 PM

We won't know for sure until Syndicate comes out although I do doubt that it will be so quick to reference Unity's story elements.

VestigialLlama4
09-30-2015, 06:16 AM
Really?

Well in terms of the MD, Unity was pretty loose and not tied to the overall lore. It does not build on the sage further than we knew at the end of Black Flag. It's a very standalone game. Arno isn't tied to the larger Assassin story and how his actions affected say, France, forget Europe, as a whole. Arno was born in 1768, which means he would be 100 years old at the time of Syndicate. It's possible for him to live till then, there were centenarians at the time, but it's not likely that he'd be of much use.

If Ubi wants to forget Unity existed, they sure made it easy to do so, because nothing really consquential happens in that game.

Going4Quests
09-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Are you all nuts? I think we can say quite surely that Syndicate will refer Unity.

UNITY SPOILERS

Abstergo will continue to hunt for more sages.. And Ubisoft confirmed that The Phoenix Project shall return.

Senningiri_GR
09-30-2015, 02:57 PM
And Ubisoft confirmed that The Phoenix Project shall return.

That is great!

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Senningiri, your sig is awesome but also huge.

Hans684
09-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Or no Unity, it's pointless to the point where it gives Liberation a bigger purpose.

Going4Quests
09-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Or no Unity, it's pointless to the point where it gives Liberation a bigger purpose.

I dont think Liberation is pointless. It's lore is tied to the war letters in Rogue and the ending.. EVE SHALL LEAD US!

Evie Frye.

Hans684
09-30-2015, 08:13 PM
I dont think Liberation is pointless. It's lore is tied to the war letters in Rogue and the ending.. EVE SHALL LEAD US!

Evie Frye.

See, it's worth more than Unity.

Going4Quests
10-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Unity has quite a good story, if you dig deep enough. SPOILERS

I believe the artifact Napoleon finds in the King his office is the Apple of Eden he used in Egypt to conquer it in his campaign, where we know Arno also traveled to post-Dead Kings. I really would want to see an Egypt game with Arno & Napoleon.. By now Arno is a true Assassin by the Creed..

There are also some hidden Juno messages in the Helix Rifts. Juno wants to co operate with Abstergo to find and kill the Templars, because if they dont die in time, Juno's plan to bring all humans into The Grey will fail.. and it appears Clay and Desmond are alive in The Grey, but kept imprisoned or something by Juno.

And then back to The Phoenix Project.. that's back in Syndicate. Who is the Sage in Syndicate boys? :P

cawatrooper9
10-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Who is the Sage in Syndicate boys? :P
I loved the idea of sages when they were first revealed, and then again when we saw Roberts in ACBF. However, I don't think we necessarily need one in every game. It might be nice to take a break from them for a year or so, just to avoid having the series getting more cookie cutter.

VestigialLlama4
10-01-2015, 05:15 PM
And then back to The Phoenix Project.. that's back in Syndicate. Who is the Sage in Syndicate boys? :P

There are two possiblities.

1) Since Jacob has Hazel Eyes and Evie Has Green/Blue Eyes, together they form the Sage. The goal is to locate the DNA of both twins and form a sequel from both. That sounds wacky and voodoo to me, but hey, so does most of AC.

2) The other possibility is that Karl Marx is the Sage.

cawatrooper9
10-01-2015, 05:50 PM
There are two possiblities.

Jacob has Hazel Eyes and Evie Has Green/Blue Eyes, together they form the Sage.

That...
That is actually kind of a cool theory...
(Haven't been on the forums much until lately, my apologies if this theory has already been discussed at length).