PDA

View Full Version : As a new player...

SkillerOwner
09-29-2015, 06:58 PM
... i'm not sure if there's a tutorial. a friend of mine which recommend this game doesn't have time right now to help me but i still bought it (played yeeeeaars ago one..). So i started the campaign but i couldn't find a tutorial. Maybe there isn't one, i stopped it right away and thought i'd ask here:

Is there a tutorial or something?

Or did i fail af? :c

RobvD84
09-29-2015, 07:07 PM
So far i haven't seen any toturials, but i played the first Haven campaing (that is the female angel/seraph) and that one looks and feels a bit like a toturial. It gives you time to do some stuff and to check things out. Only the last part gives you some time limit. But it shouldn't be a problem.

floyd.ryan
09-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Worse than that there is no tutorial: The manual is just 6 pages! So where am i supposed to learn the inner workings of the combat system and other things?

RobvD84
09-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Well learn by playing as you have to with a lot of games. I learned to play this kind of games by just playing. The only reason why i only play toturials if there are game mechanics you just need to learn. And this game doesn't really has those (actually none of the heroes games had game mechanics that needed a toturial). It is just like most new games where you have to learn how to play by playing. Maybe start a skirmish map against yourself, without any A.I. I think this is the best way te learn to play and you don't have to pressure of another player.

floyd.ryan
09-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Sure, it just takes so much more time to learn it by trial&error.

RobvD84
09-29-2015, 09:53 PM
And the campaing is already kind of a toturial. It let's you do things in the first map that let you learn what is important.

floyd.ryan
09-29-2015, 11:02 PM
It's more the math in the background that i am missing. For instance what does luck do? Or why are all my magic spells/hero attacks so lame?

ScuipiciTB
09-30-2015, 03:43 AM
You don't need tutorials, just click around and find things on your own. If you really want them, check their Shadow Council forums, there's a recent post by the devs on the controls and stuff.

wolfing1
09-30-2015, 05:37 AM
There is no tutorial which is a shame, but at least there is plenty of info. Just hover the mouse over anything you don't understand and it should say what it does. For Luck, for example, it says that with bad luck you do less than minimal damage and with good luck you do more than maximum damage.

ScuipiciTB
09-30-2015, 07:04 AM
There is no tutorial which is a shame, but at least there is plenty of info. Just hover the mouse over anything you don't understand and it should say what it does. For Luck, for example, it says that with bad luck you do less than minimal damage and with good luck you do more than maximum damage.

luck is chance to crit

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Hi SkillerOwner, welcome to Heroes and the forums,

Please have a read here https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/getting-started-with-mmh7

floyd.ryan
09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
look, no offence, but if you can't figure out how to click and read the description of things, then the math of what happens in the background is the last thing you need to worry about.

As in any RPG out there, the damage your hero / creatures do depends on their respective power ( be it might or magic ). morale = move again, luck - increase damage. Assign your skill points, click on the skills on the wheel to see what they do. Gather resources, build up your town - click and read what every building does, it's a tree system so you need to build stuff in order to reach higher level stuff.

Look, i get that. It's not the first game of this kind i play. I don't need a manual to guess that might= more damage dealt, def= less damage taken, luck= more chance for more damage (crit?) . But if i am about to make a decision between one buff or the other, or two different weapons, or spells, then i'd need more info. Also how does morale number affect things like initiative, and does it affect damage? And does Neutral count as "other faction", hence reducing morale unless i invest in the Diplomacy Tree?

Sure, if i play on normal difficulty i probably don't need much details as i don't need to optimise, but i play these kinds of games because i like optimisation and therefore typically play on the harder difficulties. Of course i will figure things out on my own. But that takes time, and i'd much prefer to have some source to look stuff like that up.

SkillerOwner
09-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Hi SkillerOwner, welcome to Heroes and the forums,

Please have a read here https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/getting-started-with-mmh7

Thanks alot! This is something i searched for!

And THANKS TO EVERYONE for the answers too, i played it just straight without a guide and learned it a little bit and together with this from Moshi i can play it :D

Lombardic
09-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Look, i get that. It's not the first game of this kind i play. I don't need a manual to guess that might= more damage dealt, def= less damage taken, luck= more chance for more damage (crit?) . But if i am about to make a decision between one buff or the other, or two different weapons, or spells, then i'd need more info. Also how does morale number affect things like initiative, and does it affect damage? And does Neutral count as "other faction", hence reducing morale unless i invest in the Diplomacy Tree?

Sure, if i play on normal difficulty i probably don't need much details as i don't need to optimise, but i play these kinds of games because i like optimisation and therefore typically play on the harder difficulties. Of course i will figure things out on my own. But that takes time, and i'd much prefer to have some source to look stuff like that up.

Try and explore..
the game is 2 days on release and players still havent explored it on extense.
About the manual.. and the previous manuals of the other games dont explain anythin of the game mechanics. Those manuals usually are created from the fans of the game. We will see one for MM7 but that wont be on second day of the release.. So... keep exploring the game ;)