PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT BUY HMM VII

popples81
09-29-2015, 05:25 PM
Hello,

I write this message to say : DONOT BUY THIS GAME.
GO on the forum of HMM VI ! You will see many people like me who can't play anymore because game launch is crashing !
Ubisoft don't do anyhting, there is no respect for player and customers !
I bought HMM 3, 4, 5, 6. I will not buy this one !
Do like me don't give money to Ubisoft !

FilenaVendree
09-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Well buy from steam, test if not work, get your money back, like i have do !

Its not because this not work for us, this wont work for everyone ^^

Might & magic X was awfull low budget and stoped patching, and they done Homm7 awfull low budget, how no animation in a 3D intro... ouch.. and ask for 60euro ? no more game from ubi anymore from my side.

ikarikun
09-29-2015, 06:05 PM
The game is working FINE for me.

Konqer
09-29-2015, 06:17 PM
OP is right, this ******* game can show me just the launching screen. After that it disappears and the game does not work at all. What a terrible behaviour from the developer's side.

Wintermist
09-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Buy this game. Go on the forum and you will see many people like me who can play this game. Uh, yeah... that was all.

palu12
09-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Hello,

GO on the forum of HMM VI ! You will see many people like me who can't play anymore because game launch is crashing !

But you will waste your time posting? This game is playable for me.

RobvD84
09-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Yeah right lol. So because 1 hasn't bought the game he can't warn ppl? He is saying he has bad experience with H6 and sees that H7 has partly the same problems. He just want ppl to keep them from getting dissapointed. What is wrong with that?

Mchoeti
09-30-2015, 06:35 PM
I agree, i like it and it is playable. yes there are some bugs, but come on it is hereoes :-)

cookiemonstah
09-30-2015, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't call 372 technical support + 103 bug posts, official special emergency "known issues" post and in 24 hours as "playable" :)
Oh man, I so regret having bought heroes VI but I wholeheartedly agree that no sane person should support unfair practices on publisher's side (ubi) of releasing unfinished products into the market. Shame on You ubisoft and to the people thinking about buying the game, don't, wait for a 90% off sale when this boat finally crashes.

DanonMight
09-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Watch Dogs, AC Unity Heroes 6,7. Do not know what is wrong with you UBI but i regret buying these games and sadly i was stupid enough to trust you for so long... But thats it i will certainly not buy new ANNO.
Cant even play damn heroes VII couse there is a bug preventing me to finish 2nd mission in heaven campaign......
I really have no words.

kanobione
09-30-2015, 09:06 PM
isnt there bugs with all new games haha omg get over it i never had a problem untill halfway threw a large map then crash but HEY same as all new releases needs a few tweaks :D personally i think its ok,1st problem ive had,loading and all was great had settings on ultra was nice :D few week all will be fixed be patient :D oh and fix sound on battlefield they got gaggs on i think :d

DanonMight
09-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Sorry but if i am buyng bike i expect that everything is working well. If i am paying full price for a game, i expect be able to finish it, in this case i cant couse bugs do not allow me to progress so basically i have a product that i can not use anymore.
And becouse of you alike sir, games are getting worse and worse becouse you accept that sort of thing, like a lemming.
I do not mind bugs with sound or graphics becouse that happens to the best developers but when i get a bug making playing impossible then i am feeling middle fingered by the company.

GalaadleHaut
10-01-2015, 02:01 AM
it is hereoes :-)
Not really.

Rlec
10-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Agreed...do not buy this bugged piece of garbage. Wish I could get a refund but I bought it on GreenManGaming. 2 mistakes that wont be repeated.

PewSquare
10-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Hello,

Wait, so you are saying, your game is not working and its crashing. But you will not buy it? If its crashing then you already bought it haven't you?

Im getting some conflicting messages from you.

Also like the first reply said, buy it on steam, if your rig runs into too many problems just get a refund. I was one of the lucky ones ii guess with only one crash (which corrupted the save). In the last 8 hours of playtime.

Also i agree, this game isn't worth 60 eur imo (thank god it sells for 40 on steam). But it clearly shows that either ubisoft didnt fork over the cash for proper animations/intro and movies, or that the devs didnt allocate their resources and time well enough. Its one of the lower budget ubi games, and definetly not an AAA game. What im more interested in, is how the devs are going to support it now that it launched, and how hard they are going to be working on ironing out the bugs.

X-Commando
10-01-2015, 08:44 AM
I didn't have a single crash. but some bugs and i am very very disapointed by heavens campaings

voidlet
10-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Ubisoft, well to be fair very game released in the past ten years, is of course not ready to be released and buying any game less than 6 months after release is silly. But hey we all do it and are faced with issues. However judging by these forums this game is a complete car crash that you should avoid, but I have the game and it works fine.

It crashed to desktop once when I selected 'Reload battle' from the options menu. No biggy as I could just reload my save.

I can't **** off the AI either as the AI has never been great in Heroes so nothing shocking there, but it may improve over the next few months, hopefully anyway.

I have not come across any bugs, other than some visual ones (like the 'you have levelled up' notice being behind a box and not being totally visible). Granted I am only on Haven campaign 3 so perhaps I have yet to reach some bugs.

I guess my point is, calm down for Dawkins sake it is a game not a Pacemaker. If it doesn't work just go do something else and come back at it a later date when hopefully they have sorted stuff out.

My rig is below just incase my game working fine has anything to do with memory size or something -

Windows 10
AMD FX9370 4.4GHz
16GB memory
Game not installed on my SSD but on an older normal HD
GTX 980ti

ScuipiciTB
10-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Wait, so you are saying, your game is not working and its crashing. But you will not buy it? If its crashing then you already bought it haven't you?

Im getting some conflicting messages from you.

Also like the first reply said, buy it on steam, if your rig runs into too many problems just get a refund. I was one of the lucky ones ii guess with only one crash (which corrupted the save). In the last 8 hours of playtime.

Also i agree, this game isn't worth 60 eur imo (thank god it sells for 40 on steam). But it clearly shows that either ubisoft didnt fork over the cash for proper animations/intro and movies, or that the devs didnt allocate their resources and time well enough. Its one of the lower budget ubi games, and definetly not an AAA game. What im more interested in, is how the devs are going to support it now that it launched, and how hard they are going to be working on ironing out the bugs.

You can see he is lying. He said that he gets a lot of crash and so many others and then he proceed to say " he will not buy this game" well how did he crashed if he did not have the game? it's a big lie. Sadly homm series have these lil kids that played homm 3 back in the days and they hate everything else to the point they are willing to make lies. You can see this in the OP of this thread along with that whiny Galad and so on. You can't take these people's opinion seriously.

GalaadleHaut
10-01-2015, 11:59 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/321960/#app_reviews_hash

Elle-One
10-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Ubisoft, well to be fair very game released in the past ten years, is of course not ready to be released and buying any game less than 6 months after release is silly.

List of recent games I preordered and was able to play without large issues on release day:
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin

All of these games had a few issues that were fixed in later patches, but none of these were so severe as what I keep seeing on this forum. There's a difference between a game getting released with some issues and what H7 is.

Karastrasza
10-01-2015, 12:17 PM
it is hereoes :-)

It really isn't. This doesn't even remotely compare to the immersion and quality of H2 / H3.

Just to paint an example, in my first 5 minutes of starting the game and going into the first campaign mission, I saw story NPCs talking with their mouths wide open instead of moving, spellcheck-level typos in mission descriptions, and my character's very first quote, before even taking the first turn was, "The tediousness of this task, will be as boring as the journey." That quote is aptly appropriate.

I love Jon Van Caneghem's games - they probably kept me sane for a whole couple years - and I listened to his interview on the MMH7 blog. JVC really needs to change his philosophy of not playing the Heroes games while they're in development. He might be the integral player who can come back and mastercraft everything so that it makes sense as in the Heroes 1-3 days.

In the meantime, I can't really see VII going anywhere, and it seems, most anyone with the ability to see what's missing, or any level of nostalgia, would agree.

GalaadleHaut
10-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm still convinced there is more people playing h3 than h6 lol

A_Fnord
10-01-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm with OP. While the game is "playable" in its current state, it's not really in a good state. I've played through 5 levels in total (1 campaign and 1 skirmish level), and I've found several serious bugs. Sure, excepting a game to be completely bug free at launch might be a bit too much to ask of any developer, but the amount of bugs are really inexcusable. The game should probably have been delayed a few months.

My bug report thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1283616-Bugs-Several-bugs-that-I-ve-encountered?p=11057482#post11057482)

bigaxd
10-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I have not purchased it yet due to the alarming number of negative feedback and lack of any costumer service whatsoever, but I have a question, if I were to purchase it, I would like money back guarantee? does steam offers this?

is the fps really that low??
how could they release a game like this?

ScuipiciTB
10-01-2015, 03:32 PM
I have not purchased it yet due to the alarming number of negative feedback and lack of any costumer service whatsoever, but I have a question, if I were to purchase it, I would like money back guarantee? does steam offers this?

is not that bad, these homm3 whiners are complaining just for the sake of complaining. I'm not saying there are no bugs, some that are being fixed right if you look at the shadow council they are trying. That said the game is playable, you can see it on twitch for yourself, Evil_entertainment is streaming. Things is, good valid criticism is lost in this sea of QQ-ers, some even make thread about lies out of anger or smth.

A_Fnord
10-01-2015, 03:32 PM

Not had any issues with frame-drop thus far (apart from right after loading a game). The game runs quite smooth on my old machine. That's not to say that I'm not having massive issues with the game, but I can't complain about the frame rate (and even if there were issues with it, this is the kind of game where it's not a "big" issue. It's an issue, sure, but a TBS is still playable at a low FPS).

is not that bad, these homm3 whiners are complaining just for the sake of complaining.
I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining, I'm complaining because I have serious issues with my game. And I don't seem to be alone in this regard.

ScuipiciTB
10-01-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining, I'm complaining because I have serious issues with my game. And I don't seem to be alone in this regard.

I'm not saying there are not issues, there are, but it's obviously some exaggerate for whatever reason. Personally, I do think this game needed at least 1 more month, to fix these things. I would've prefer an 28 october release.

GalaadleHaut
10-01-2015, 04:13 PM
is not that bad, these homm3 whiners are complaining just for the sake of complaining.
Excuse but where did you get the assumption all negative steam reviewers are homm3 fans exclusively? lol
Also I don't complain for the sake of complaining, I complain because I actually want a good heroes game lol
So maybe you try to think first and rush later? lol

ScuipiciTB
10-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Excuse but where did you get the assumption all negative steam reviewers are homm3 fans exclusively? lol
Also I don't complain for the sake of complaining, I complain because I actually want a good heroes game lol
So maybe you try to think first and rush later? lol

Because these are the ones who QQ-ed about homm5, these are the ones who QQ-ed about homm6 and now QQ about homm7. They are these small very vocal and obnoxious cry babies who think Homm3 was the best thing ever. If you can't see this, you're either living under a rock or you're...well, not bright, let's put it like that ;)

A_Fnord
10-01-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm not saying there are not issues, there are, but it's obviously some exaggerate for whatever reason. Personally, I do think this game needed at least 1 more month, to fix these things. I would've prefer an 28 october release.

If people are even having one of the major issues I've had with the game, I think complaining about it is fully justified. People are having issues with quest completions not registering, they're having issues with not being able to conquer towns, not being able to interact with quest-important things, tooltips giving the wrong information, game does not turn off properly, but leaves background process running, tooltip are giving false information, movement is not being handled correctly, the game does not always register what skills you pick, enemy heroes are still shown on the map even when dead, the AI seem to have taken a blow to the back of the head since previous entries (and the AI was never very good in HoMM), there seem to be plenty of cash bugs, plenty of people who are using Win 10 can't even start the game, certain abilities and skills don't seem to work (some not at all, other don't work at described), you can turn dead enemy heroes into leaders of your towns, and there are plenty of graphics issues that just gives a very sloppy impression.

No, this is not the buggiest game I've ever played, I played Daggerfall close to its release, but it's just released in an inexcusably poor state.

ScuipiciTB
10-01-2015, 05:12 PM
If people are even having one of the major issues I've had with the game, I think complaining about it is fully justified. People are having issues with quest completions not registering, they're having issues with not being able to conquer towns, not being able to interact with quest-important things, tooltips giving the wrong information, game does not turn off properly, but leaves background process running, tooltip are giving false information, movement is not being handled correctly, the game does not always register what skills you pick, enemy heroes are still shown on the map even when dead, the AI seem to have taken a blow to the back of the head since previous entries (and the AI was never very good in HoMM), there seem to be plenty of cash bugs, plenty of people who are using Win 10 can't even start the game, certain abilities and skills don't seem to work (some not at all, other don't work at described), you can turn dead enemy heroes into leaders of your towns, and there are plenty of graphics issues that just gives a very sloppy impression.

No, this is not the buggiest game I've ever played, I played Daggerfall close to its release, but it's just released in an inexcusably poor state.

You're not listening what I'm saying. I have nothing against good valid criticism, in fact I encourage it. What I'm against, are those people who lie about playing the game or make stupid accusations about the game just to cause some havoc. They are not a big part, very small but very vocal too. You probably took it personal when I said that most of them are die hard homm3 fans, I didn't said all homm3 fans, i myself am an homm3 player. I don't buy into this homm3 is the best, the rest sucks and need to be deleted. For me homm5 was the best so far, can't say about homm7 yet because it just released and I didn't put enough hours into it like I did with previous homm. But I think homm7 in few months, might become the best homm I ever played. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, it's a waste of time.

A_Fnord
10-01-2015, 06:03 PM
You're not listening what I'm saying. I have nothing against good valid criticism, in fact I encourage it. What I'm against, are those people who lie about playing the game or make stupid accusations about the game just to cause some havoc. They are not a big part, very small but very vocal too. You probably took it personal when I said that most of them are die hard homm3 fans, I didn't said all homm3 fans, i myself am an homm3 player. I don't buy into this homm3 is the best, the rest sucks and need to be deleted. For me homm5 was the best so far, can't say about homm7 yet because it just released and I didn't put enough hours into it like I did with previous homm. But I think homm7 in few months, might become the best homm I ever played. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, it's a waste of time.

You're making an assumption about a good amount of people making intentionally false claims about HoMM7 due to them being HoMM3 fansboys/girls. Based on my own experience with HoMM7, I find it far easier to believe that it's not misguided fanboy/girl-ism but rather other people having serious issues with the game.

You probably took it personal when I said that most of them are die hard homm3 fans,
Here you are making another assumption and an incorrect one at that. I much prefer HoMM 2 & 5 to 3.

throvolos
10-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Everyone who replies to this thread continues to keep it bumped. Oh wait, I'm doing the same thing. :p

I do think it is very poor taste to tell people to not buy a game he doesn't even own.

I am running Win7 64bit, a 5 year old intel cpu with a brand new graphics card, and the game is playing fine for me. I purchased through Steam.

I've played many hours with no game-crashing bugs. Maybe I'm just lucky... that would be a first. :P

However, there are literally billions of combinations of Hardware + Windows versions. You can't possibly expect the Devs to be able to test them all. Give them a break, at least they are TRYING to fix the bugs. I can't tell you how many devs release a game and then never bother to fix it. Have you seen the bug list for Oblivion that never got fixed???

BTW, I played Daggerfall on release too. That was.... difficult. :P

i11usive
10-01-2015, 06:49 PM
you have no idea

i11usive
10-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Everyone who replies to this thread continues to keep it bumped. Oh wait, I'm doing the same thing. :p

I do think it is very poor taste to tell people to not buy a game he doesn't even own.

I am running Win7 64bit, a 5 year old intel cpu with a brand new graphics card, and the game is playing fine for me. I purchased through Steam.

I've played many hours with no game-crashing bugs. Maybe I'm just lucky... that would be a first. :P

However, there are literally billions of combinations of Hardware + Windows versions. You can't possibly expect the Devs to be able to test them all. Give them a break, at least they are TRYING to fix the bugs. I can't tell you how many devs release a game and then never bother to fix it. Have you seen the bug list for Oblivion that never got fixed???

BTW, I played Daggerfall on release too. That was.... difficult. :P

Yeah many combinations, hundreds, if this was an actual issue , we would have to order games specifically for our pc. And if u werent an imbecile who has only played the game for 30 minutes you would know IT DOESNT REALLY WORK YOU MORON.

Go buy a nintendo and leave the forum typing to ppl who have at least finished school. STOP CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THEFT.

P.S you are a victim for life, go to a psychologist.

i11usive
10-01-2015, 09:52 PM
some people can enjoy things, others huff and puff. I am not sure you actually finished any school, you do sound like a petulant little kid to be honest.

if i say yes will u give me 50 e? You must be used to it by now .

NapalmEnema
10-01-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm guessing those with issues are running ATi cards or some crap computer from the 90's. Zero issues on a 3 year old computer with an NVidia graphics card and no porn viruses on my machine.

Learn to compute safely with proper hardware - then game

Can't have it any other way kidz.

GalaadleHaut
10-01-2015, 10:57 PM
I don't buy into this homm3 is the best, the rest sucks and need to be deleted.
But no one ever said that lol

i11usive
10-01-2015, 11:29 PM
you do realise of course that you're not actually accomplishing anything and the more stupid things you post, the more you prove my point ...

YOUR POINT BEING , I QUOTE : However, there are literally billions of combinations of Hardware + Windows versions. You can't possibly expect the Devs to be able to test them all. Give them a break, at least they are TRYING to fix the bugs. I can't tell you how many devs release a game and then never bother to fix it. Have you seen the bug list for Oblivion that never got fixed???

I should realise something else , except the fact THAT YOU ARE AN IGNORANT FANBOY who tries to convince ppl to throw their money away on this piece of garbage.
talking about hardware and windows with 0 knowledge, i bet it sounded right in your ridiculously small head.

But then again you are right about 1 thing, some ppl do enjoy some things. You for example ,the usual ******, enjoys giving 50 e to half assed companies who release crappy NOT WORKING games.

Why dont u give me 50 e ? All the experience and the feelings ,might be priceless.

P.S. You are a victim for life( you should get the clue by now pff) . Go to a psychologist and buy a pet .

ArqaneX
10-02-2015, 02:55 AM
Just putting in my 2 cents.

I've played all the Heroes (and M&Ms, it was great fun when the story went back and forth through the episodes). I enjoyed them all, and am one of the rare ones that even liked 4 quite a bit. But I've seen what Ubi has been doing with the M&M franchise for a while. They're decent games, but the quality has been dropping. I'm not surprised by all the problems people have been reporting. I got M&M 10, and you can clearly see that Ubi didn't really put a lot of effort into it. I think the lead designers are trying to push the envelope, but have far too few resources, and that ends up with some serious problems. They're aiming high, but can't get there... bad planning that I'm pretty sure I posted about a few times on these forums :).

I've been looking forward to playing another HOMM, but I'm still deciding whether or not to even put a hold of $50 on my credit card to test it out on Steam. The Might & Magic franchise teams really need to get it together, and either get more money from Ubi successfully, or lower the tech bar they expect and still make a good game (that's what the old teams always used to do), or simply give up the franchise. There's no point in dragging it along if you aren't going to do it right. And bad rep for gaming companies is *finally* starting to hit them in the pocketbook again.

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 02:56 AM
I'm guessing those with issues are running ATi cards or some crap computer from the 90's. Zero issues on a 3 year old computer with an NVidia graphics card and no porn viruses on my machine.

Learn to compute safely with proper hardware - then game

Can't have it any other way kidz.

I have two PCs i'm playing this game on & so far & i'm having better results on my older 2600k 16gram & ATI 7970 on win10 than i am on my 6700k 16g ram & 980ti on 8.1. The game is buggy as hell on both sytems that are for all intents & purposes, purely gaming machines with no old or odd hardware configs & certainly no porn viruses to screw thing up. The reason the ATI system is more playable is because it doesn't crash to desktop every 5min. In my experience the game plays allright on start of a new map but slowly gets buggier then suddenly gets completely unplayable using 98% of sytem ram on both machines. It just took me 10min to load a game on both machines only to be presented with a slide show in game. It then took even longer to quit to desktop on both machines, you cant even get into task manager as your entire pc becomes unusable. I have put 24hrs into this game (16hrs of which would be staring at the screen waiting for my turn to play} rendering my chances of getting my money back very slim indeed. To the developers,you would have a very good game here if it actually worked, To Ubi pain in the @$$, For the love of god, stop releasing buggy games. Ubisoft should hang there head in shame on this one.

Rlec
10-02-2015, 06:09 AM
bump so people can be warned ahead of time and not make the mistakes we all made and buy this crap

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 09:44 AM
IMO it's a great game, hidden beneath a pile of bugs.People that say they don't have issues haven't put enough time into the game. It is playable & when working ok it uses 8gig of system ram & the fans on my G1 980Ti is on full song while i watch my framerates swinging wildly from 50 to 100 frames @ 2560x1080 (or there about). On my Saphire Dual X 7970 system in my room the game tops out around 45fps @ 1920x1080 constantly dipping down into the 20s all the while my 7970 screams like a banshee, I can honestly say i don't think iv'e ever heard it operating so consistently loud.The game has effectively turn my pc into a heater. This game is not a first person shooter & i'm not sure it should be this taxing on beefy modern pc. I'm thinking the game has terrible memory leakage issues amongst other things. Please fix this game Limbic, i want to keep playing but some of these bugs won't let me. I just tried firing it up on my 980ti pc but it won't even load now,

Elisabeth....
10-02-2015, 09:56 AM
hm..If one couldn't launch the game he or she should check if the computer meets all the requirements.....especially to ensure your CPU meets the requirements for playing H7..

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 10:20 AM
hm..If one couldn't launch the game he or she should check if the computer meets all the requirements.....especially to ensure your CPU meets the requirements for playing H7..

LOL, did u read any of my posts. Who would run a 980ti with a cpu that wouldn't meet MM7 requirements. Cmon....

Elisabeth....
10-02-2015, 11:36 AM
LOL, did u read any of my posts. Who would run a 980ti with a cpu that wouldn't meet MM7 requirements. Cmon....

Then no wonder Ubisoft ignored you...My computer meets the minimum requirements but runs the game without problems...You'd better really change a computer..

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Then no wonder Ubisoft ignored you...My computer meets the minimum requirements but runs the game without problems...You'd better really change a computer..
So the brand new high end system i bought a month ago can't handle it by your logic. Why r u being a pain here. I actually really like this game & not trying to poo poo it at all but their are major issues with it, why can't some people accept this. My 2 PCs far exceed the requirements of this game yet it freezes & is jerky all the time, AI takes eons before u get your turn, i can go on but what is the point. Fact is this game should run like stink on my pc, maybe i should turn all the settings down to minimum like you obviously do & see how it runs then, something tells me it wont be much better.

unreal_az
10-02-2015, 01:53 PM
@AleAle2012 you did update the game right, to the latest patch, you are not playing the "torrent" or default version right?

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Cost me $75 AUD through steam so yes I would imagine the latest patches r installed, unless one has been released in the last 1hr or so that fixes things. I managed to get into the game without hassle 2hrs ago & ran an old save game from the gimped map I had been playing & it works ok but is a jerky mess really with long load times just to get into it & game is installed on ssd. Maybe it's just the map I've been playing though, can't remember the name of it but it's a large map with lots of water. I ran a medium size map for an hour with no water & it ran ok but haven't had time to get any further with it. No matter which way you look at it though, the game is obviously not ready for release but hey, there's money to be made which is more important than the customer right.Steam really need to reevaluate their 2hr grace period to get ur money back as some games like this take much longer than that to get an idea of what you've just spent your hard earned on, it's the only way to keep mobs like Ubisoft honest as they are the real pirates here.

LSeed_EU
10-02-2015, 04:11 PM
It's criplled. Or like a young bird, cannot fly.

Game should be marked with early access tag. Heroes VI still is crippled (obvious bugs like obstacles blocking AOE spells still aren't fixed), M&MX isn't finished too yet (but even officially expanded :) ).

You will see that HVII will be indifferent.

Im old, stupid one and falled to Ubi ugly face for a third time. Maybe I was dazzled with "maybe third time" saying ;)

DON"T BUY that crap YET. Let them earn that money first or let them starve ;)

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 05:04 PM
26 hrs on this game so I don't know how i'll go but Iv'e requested a refund, i can't take anymore. The game freezes for 10-20 sec at a time, takes 3min or more to load a game, i even dropped all settings to low &the game is a slide show. This game has major issues & is not even good enough to be called Beta. Strange thing is the game ran better for me at launch than it is now with the so called updates. To anyone that claims u don't have issues with MM7 , are you sure your telling the whole truth. This game is completely & utterly broken.

LinkZeppeloyd
10-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I don't have any performance or stability issues. I've got 22 hours thus far, no crashes, slow downs, no issues at all with the technical side of things. The issues I have are:

1) Horrible skirmish AI. This started around the last patch or so with Heroes 6. The AI will not fight you. All they do is run away. They split their troops into 5-6 worthless mini stacks, none of which can fight a human hero's army for more than the initial rush annihilation. And it most certainly does NOT have to be this way... the AI was fine in 4, 5, and 6 until the end. Whoever decided that making the AI splinter into worthless minigroups and do nothing but run, run, run away, needs to reconsider and revert to how it was before. AKA the AI would amass a powerful army, especially if you are barelling towards their town.

LinkZeppeloyd
10-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Working very well for me on windows 8.1, GTX980 and i5 4670k. But it does seems that the game runs slower than it should for how poor the graphics are.

UbiChrisMANG
10-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Interesting timing Griffildur, I just took it upon myself to delete that post in your quote as abusive. I will leave your post here and the quote up though so people can reference it for the following:

ALL: this thread is valid and everyone is free to express their opinion. Please keep it civil! The post I deleted was downright abusive, some posts before it were borderline. Please keep sharing your opinions good or bad but do not attack other forum users. This is not a forum to attack. If there are arguments, argue in the spirit of healthy debate. Consider this a warning, do not abuse each other or you will be shut down.

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Working very well for me on windows 8.1, GTX980 and i5 4670k. But it does seems that the game runs slower than it should for how poor the graphics are.

Maybe it can run ok on some systems, & be totally borked on others, it doesn't mean the game is fit for release i'm running the game on 2 PCs & it;s fingered on both machines. I'm really disapointed this game has not worked for me but time to pull the pin on it. Ubi need to recall the game like they did with Batman & re release the game 6mnths later cause with the issues iv'e seen, this is gonna take a lot of big patches to fix. Good luck with your game mate, i think your gonna need it ;)

PaleAle2012
10-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Update, After 25hrs of game play Steam have refunded my money & rightly so. I urge anyone sitting on the refund fence to seriously consider it. Games should not be released in this condition & game companies need to start paying attention.

malax83
10-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Update, After 25hrs of game play Steam have refunded my money & rightly so. I urge anyone sitting on the refund fence to seriously consider it. Games should not be released in this condition & game companies need to start paying attention.

I m really curious on what decide you to have a guarantee..

H7 = cow cash... They invested less on an unexperimented team (too young i mean) then,.... profit...

KaynaCrous
10-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Yep, any wise customer would NEVER preorder any Ubisoft game. This game might be good in the following months. Might. Until then, I'm not buying it. It's probably going to be on sale around christmas anyways and around then, half the bugs should be resolved. Should. You just never know with Ubisoft.

ilnickif
10-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I totaly agree i just bought DVD version and i have communicate that i CANT DOWNLOAD MY GAME

Rlec
10-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Is it possible to get the guys that are programming Rainbow Six Siege to come over and help with this game so some of us can finally play what we purchased? Ill bet that game will work better than this one outta the gate. Christ I wish I could get a refund!!!!!!!!!

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Is it possible to get the guys that are programming Rainbow Six Siege to come over and help with this game so some of us can finally play what we purchased? Ill bet that game will work better than this one outta the gate. Christ I wish I could get a refund!!!!!!!!!

If they charge 12 $ US and over per hour, I doubt Ubisoft will hire them.

MONZUNLTD
10-03-2015, 10:22 AM

hey there.. how did you get the refund ? did you write a steam support ticket manually or did you do it through the automated refund system ?? i'm considering a refund myself because the game is clearly not worth 50€ and its not even showing up on steam profiles and therefore the steam version is useless to me right now..

i've played (only) around 14 hours right now so if you got a refund i should get one too easily..

mrpetrov
10-03-2015, 12:06 PM
/signed. I have requested a Steam refund as well. I am terribly disappointed. Thoroughly unprofessional, bordering on the fraudulent.

bigaxd
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Steam is offering refunds apparently, as the general consensus was around 90% disapproval

mrpetrov
10-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Steam is offering refunds apparently, as the general consensus was around 90% disapproval

I just got email notification that my refund has been approved. This came through within about 20 mins of submitting the request. I guess Steam are just giving blanket refunds on MMH7 now, as they should. So sad.

ronMUC78
10-03-2015, 02:10 PM
I bought Heroes VII because I know the previous games of the series and I liked them.

+ + +
+ The graphic, sure no 3D and such stuff but still very nice and playable on my laptop :)
+ The price: I paid around 27 EUR for the game and this is for a brand new game quite good.

- - -
- bugs and many you do not reecognize on the first sight, like adding no money every round when having the +150-gold-a-day-skill at Novize status in one level (when having the skill on expert skill level it works again), I leveled all three heros up to level 15 (max) because it was said "you take xxx with you to the next level", what happened? I have one hero level 15 and the other one at level 5 (sic!) and the third one is missed and such "funny" things...
- but what really pisses me off, is the unbalanced KPI. I am currently playing on "easy" and the enemy comes every round with two full equipped heroes with around 5 x 100 soldiers and I have to build up my town and guess what, he attacks me and I loose. Restart over restart.

All over this is game is so motivating that I have to do my best to finish ONE level a day, yes, right, one. Then I put it away because the game is ****. One level a day for a brand new game is aweful, at least when I compare with Starcraft etc.

At the end, I am happy that I spent just 27 EUR for this bucket full of ****. Ubisoft changed two times the publishing date, when I remember right, and why they are still not able to publish a game where the first two (!!!!) levels of every campaign are bug-free?
Ron

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 03:00 PM
hey there.. how did you get the refund ? did you write a steam support ticket manually or did you do it through the automated refund system ?? i'm considering a refund myself because the game is clearly not worth 50€ and its not even showing up on steam profiles and therefore the steam version is useless to me right now..

i've played (only) around 14 hours right now so if you got a refund i should get one too easily..

Fllow this link & https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966 get ur money back. You will be given an opportunity to tell steam the game is broken but i don't think you need to bother with this game. The truth is this H7 was rushed out the door, it's buggy as hell & a lot of shortcuts have been made due to time constraints put on the devs. I feel sorry for them because this H7 has a lot going for it but all Ubi can see is $$$$$. I personally think EVERYONE should try to get their money back, **** you Ubisoft.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 03:05 PM
this H7 has a lot going for it but all Ubi can see is $$$$$. I personally think EVERYONE should try to get their money back, **** you Ubisoft.

Ubisoft has no respect for their customers.

MONZUNLTD
10-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Fllow this link & https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966 get ur money back. You will be given an opportunity to tell steam the game is broken but i don't think you need to bother with this game. The truth is this H7 was rushed out the door, it's buggy as hell & a lot of shortcuts have been made due to time constraints put on the devs. I feel sorry for them because this H7 has a lot going for it but all Ubi can see is $$$$$. I personally think EVERYONE should try to get their money back, **** you Ubisoft.

ah ok this answers my question. so you just used the automatic refund system. good to know. i'll not refund it right now and wait at least until next week and see if anything changes but well.. if steam is giving blanket refunds for this game then we actually know what the situation is.. this has happened only 2 or 3 times so far on steam o_O shame on you ubisoft :( i hope you can make it right post-release at least because heroes 7 is superb gameplaywise and has unbelievable potential. its ridiculous that they didn't see that potential apparently o_O

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 03:57 PM
ah ok this answers my question. so you just used the automatic refund system. good to know. i'll not refund it right now and wait at least until next week and see if anything changes but well.. if steam is giving blanket refunds for this game then we actually know what the situation is.. this has happened only 2 or 3 times so far on steam o_O shame on you ubisoft :( i hope you can make it right post-release at least because heroes 7 is superb gameplaywise and has unbelievable potential. its ridiculous that they didn't see that potential apparently o_O

Honestly, i would just get my money back, the longer u delay the more chance Ubi has of robbing you This game was rushed out the door & a rushed patch won't scratch the surface of this pile of ****. H7 needs to be recalled & another 6 -12 months spent on it Ubisoft should not be treating it's customers this way, I have never seen a game this faulty at launch, their is no excuse for this. Ifi you don't demand your money back u will just be another sucker as we all will be if we keep accepting this rubbish.

Veldragon
10-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Well... I don't really understand the drama. I've been playing it quite a bit and as far as I'm concerned the only problems are:
- save/load bug(it managed to eat 23 out my 24G RAM) - it's kinda game breaking, but I've heard they're releasing a patch for it soon
- the game ridiculously easy(seems even easier than H6)

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 04:16 PM
I am impressed by Steam. I will only buy Ubisoft titles from Steam from here on out.

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 04:23 PM
It was Limbic that made the game, just saying. Ubisoft is the publisher, Limbic the developer. I suppose it's more fun blaming them though, since you know, tradition and all that. Whatever your problem is with the game, I'm lucky not to have them. Apart from one thing that happened that I couldn't get to repeat itself, everything has been flawless.

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Well... I don't really understand the drama. :
- save/load bug(it managed to eat 23 out my 24G RAM) - it's kinda game breaking,

LOL, The upcoming patch might some improvements but but i seriously doubt the game will be fixed, it's just to far gone imo, However, i will gladly eat humble pie if i'm wrong.

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 04:53 PM
It was Limbic that made the game, just saying. Ubisoft is the publisher, Limbic the developer. I suppose it's more fun blaming them though, since you know, tradition and all that. Whatever your problem is with the game, I'm lucky not to have them. Apart from one thing that happened that I couldn't get to repeat itself, everything has been flawless.

My understanding is Ubisoft call the shots, they provide Limbic the funding & time frame to make said game, I believe in most cases developers have their hands tied & take shortcuts to meet these timetables & satiate the greed of the money monster ( that being the publisher). Theirs probably more to it than that but i like to keep it simple ;). .

ronMUC78
10-03-2015, 05:01 PM
At Steam Ubi posted a nice thing: How to cheat with the build-in editor. This helped me to build-up my town and beat the computer (who was attacking with two huger armys) :)

How to activate Cheat Window:
Open “MMH7Game.ini” available on My Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Config
With a “Ctrl+F” shortcut, look for the line containing: “mDebugCheats=False” (line 276)
Replace the “False” by “True” --> “mDebugCheats=True”
Save the document before closing it.

In th game itself you now have over the hour glas on the right a new tiny little button :)

I bought Heroes VII because I know the previous games of the series and I liked them.

+ + +
+ The graphic, sure no 3D and such stuff but still very nice and playable on my laptop :)
+ The price: I paid around 27 EUR for the game and this is for a brand new game quite good.

- - -
- bugs and many you do not reecognize on the first sight, like adding no money every round when having the +150-gold-a-day-skill at Novize status in one level (when having the skill on expert skill level it works again), I leveled all three heros up to level 15 (max) because it was said "you take xxx with you to the next level", what happened? I have one hero level 15 and the other one at level 5 (sic!) and the third one is missed and such "funny" things...
- but what really pisses me off, is the unbalanced KPI. I am currently playing on "easy" and the enemy comes every round with two full equipped heroes with around 5 x 100 soldiers and I have to build up my town and guess what, he attacks me and I loose. Restart over restart.

All over this is game is so motivating that I have to do my best to finish ONE level a day, yes, right, one. Then I put it away because the game is ****. One level a day for a brand new game is aweful, at least when I compare with Starcraft etc.

At the end, I am happy that I spent just 27 EUR for this bucket full of ****. Ubisoft changed two times the publishing date, when I remember right, and why they are still not able to publish a game where the first two (!!!!) levels of every campaign are bug-free?
Ron

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 05:10 PM
At Steam Ubi posted a nice thing: How to cheat with the build-in editor. This helped me to build-up my town and beat the computer (who was attacking with two huger armys) :)

How to activate Cheat Window:
Open “MMH7Game.ini” available on My Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Config
With a “Ctrl+F” shortcut, look for the line containing: “mDebugCheats=False” (line 276)
Replace the “False” by “True” --> “mDebugCheats=True”
Save the document before closing it.

In th game itself you now have over the hour glas on the right a new tiny little button :)

Nicely played Ubisoft, Release the cheats & offer a distraction to how bad the game really is, that way people might not ask for a refund. Seriously, release a cheat on a broken game so you can complete it, Try fixing the A.I.for **** sake. Tthis is a whole new level of disgusting behaviour Ubisoft. BOW YOUR HEADS

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Nicely played Ubisoft, Release the cheats & offer a distraction to how bad the game really is, that way people might not ask for a refund. Seriously, release a cheat on a broken game so you can complete it, Try fixing the A.I.for **** sake. Tthis is a whole new level of disgusting behaviour Ubisoft. BOW YOUR HEADS

I'm glad to meet someone that understands the scheme. It's called misdirection. It's a technique used in politics today. It's used everywhere. If there is a problem, but you don't want the problem to go, or can't solve it, simply misdirect people away from the actual subject. In this case, Ubisoft isn't the only one selling the game. Other companies are selling it, and some of them are offering a refund. A refund is never illimited ; there is a time limit. Here, Ubisoft's strategy is to misdirect people long enough for that refund offer to expire.

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm glad to meet someone that understands the scheme. It's called misdirection. It's a technique used in politics today. It's used everywhere. If there is a problem, but you don't want the problem to go, or can't solve it, simply misdirect people away from the actual subject. In this case, Ubisoft isn't the only one selling the game. Other companies are selling it, and some of them are offering a refund. A refund is never illimited ; there is a time limit. Here, Ubisoft's strategy is to misdirect people long enough for that refund offer to expire.

They are in damage control now brother, we have em on the run. We shall keep up the good fight, never yield to the blood suckers. With that said i'm of to bed now ;) Hold the the Fort good man...

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 06:00 PM
They are in damage control now brother, we have em on the run. We shall keep up the good fight, never yield to the blood suckers. With that said i'm of to bed now ;) Hold the the Fort good man...

They are in damage control, but they are not on the run. It's how Ubisoft has been doing things since the 1990's. They knew it was gonna be a flop and they knew exactly what to do to extract as much $ as possible from this said flop. They aren't the no 3 video game distributer worldwide for nothing ; their highly hyped, low quality game marketting strategy works, because not everybody takes the time to check out who made whatever ****ty game they just bought. A wise customer would NEVER preorder any Ubisoft game.

PaleAle2012
10-03-2015, 06:21 PM
They are in damage control, but they are not on the run. It's how Ubisoft has been doing things since the 1990's. They knew it was gonna be a flop and they knew exactly what to do to extract as much $ as possible from this said flop. They aren't the no 3 video game distributer worldwide for nothing ; their highly hyped, low quality game marketting strategy works, because not everybody takes the time to check out who made whatever ****ty game they just bought. A wise customer would NEVER preorder any Ubisoft game.

Ahhh, but we have a new weapon my friend. It's called Steam Refund. Rumour has it it can be shaped into a dagger & driven thru the heart of this most foul beast.

MONZUNLTD
10-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Honestly, i would just get my money back, the longer u delay the more chance Ubi has of robbing you This game was rushed out the door & a rushed patch won't scratch the surface of this pile of ****. H7 needs to be recalled & another 6 -12 months spent on it Ubisoft should not be treating it's customers this way, I have never seen a game this faulty at launch, their is no excuse for this. Ifi you don't demand your money back u will just be another sucker as we all will be if we keep accepting this rubbish.

i agree with everything you wrote.. but i will still wait with my refund until at least one full week is over.. lets see what news monday will bring. ofc i doubt the patch will fix much but if it fixes the gamebreaking bugs (all those bugs in the campaign and save load issues could maybe be easily solved if its only one bug in the code thats doing all this ****) and the memory leaks the game will be more then fine in my opinion. oh and ofc the steam profil **** has to be fixed on monday or tuesday at the very last.

MONZUNLTD
10-03-2015, 07:38 PM

actually limbic showed in my opinion that they are more then capable to make the best heroes game ever !! its ubisoft that is to blame for everything because they are and were in control of absolutely everything, first and foremost the release date and corresponding agressive deadline ! i'm 100% sure if limbic would have had another 5-6 months for polishing the game would be the best heroes game created. even better then heroes 3.

unfortunately i think that until the game is really polished it will be off at least 33% maybe even 50% on steam and therefore i'm still considering a refund because paying full price for a nearly unplayable game ("cought" gamebreaking bugs "cought") is ridiculous..

broui
10-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Hello,

So what is the deal here? Why are there so many like this poster? Haven't purchased it and haven't played it but feel qualified to comment about it? Completely ridiculous. It's almost like someone has a stake in it failing.

Meanwhile in the real world, Heroes 7 is a good game that after patches and expansions is likely to be a great one - even a classic.

v4h4
10-03-2015, 08:30 PM
For opening i must say, that I HoMM3 "veteran" and I spent nights with friends in the hotseat. HoMM 3 is one of the best games ever!
But what have you done with the heroes series. One of the longest-running series, you leveled it to the misery! Reviews what u got for HoMM7 are way way better than game it self! Catastrophe! Graphic horror of 3D, infight animations, sound of creatures when, everything is so "cheap" in few words... a game without a soul! How many times we/you could read "why forcing 3D" when the game is designed for 2D, especially now that 2D can be wonderful! And thus production would be cheaper, faster, and everything simpler. Just imagine that you have HoMM3 "in graphics," for example: Ori and the blind forest or something else. U had everything in your hand from homm3, concept to make great game but again u did nothing!!!

MONZUNLTD
10-03-2015, 08:33 PM
So what is the deal here? Why are there so many like this poster? Haven't purchased it and haven't played it but feel qualified to comment about it? Completely ridiculous. It's almost like someone has a stake in it failing.

Meanwhile in the real world, Heroes 7 is a good game that after patches and expansions is likely to be a great one - even a classic.

while i agree that its a good game gameplaywise and it could become a classic (the best heroes game even) its riddled with gamebreaking bugs now and THAT is unexcusable. this will also destroy the game and franchise completely because so far no heroes game had such an amount of bugs. especially not gamebreaking bugs like this one has :(

broui
10-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Yeah many combinations, hundreds, if this was an actual issue , we would have to order games specifically for our pc. And if u werent an imbecile who has only played the game for 30 minutes you would know IT DOESNT REALLY WORK YOU MORON.

Go buy a nintendo and leave the forum typing to ppl who have at least finished school. STOP CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THEFT.

P.S you are a victim for life, go to a psychologist.

I won't speak to the other childish and abusive garbage in this post, suffice to say, I've played 32 hours of this build so far and except for a few annoying bugs the game has totally worked. Personally insulting a person who disagrees with you actually helps their argument, not your own.

broui
10-03-2015, 09:48 PM
while i agree that its a good game gameplaywise and it could become a classic (the best heroes game even) its riddled with gamebreaking bugs now and THAT is unexcusable. this will also destroy the game and franchise completely because so far no heroes game had such an amount of bugs. especially not gamebreaking bugs like this one has :(

I've seen this before and you know what? It won't destroy the franchise. People said the same stuff upon the release of H5 and H6. H5 recovered fully with ToE but before that it was poor and required patching. ToE was also part patch and there was some overhaul as well. H6 was built so poorly that it wasn't savable (it's still quite buggy).

Would I rather games got released in a much more bug free state? Absolutely. But the computer gaming industry is a completely different animal than it was for H1, 2 and 3. AND a game like Heroes fell to a 2nd tier along the way as gamers began to prefer (or the companies began to push) eye candy over quality. Heroes is still a viable franchise and this version will end up in the conversation for which is the best. Meanwhile, a little patience and perspective is required - not hyperbole.

KaynaCrous
10-03-2015, 10:55 PM
I've seen this before and you know what? It won't destroy the franchise. People said the same stuff upon the release of H5 and H6..

I'm still not gonna buy it unless they fix the important bugs. They promised us they would fix H6 bugs, and you know what? Play a multiplayer game on H6, you will still get desync out of games, at the very least, once every in game month. Multiplayer is important for anyone remotely competitive, and the sad truth is we cannot trust Ubisoft to solve their own ****. A proper multiplayer is what makes $ in the video game industry. Without a proper multiplayer, some will torrent the game and thus not pay. Why Ubisoft doesn't give their players a proper multiplayer where we can play without getting desync out of games every hour or so is beyond logical. Being a shady publisher using every dirty trick in the book to make $ rather than delivering a quality product has become pathological.

MONZUNLTD
10-03-2015, 11:50 PM
I've seen this before and you know what? It won't destroy the franchise. People said the same stuff upon the release of H5 and H6. H5 recovered fully with ToE but before that it was poor and required patching. ToE was also part patch and there was some overhaul as well. H6 was built so poorly that it wasn't savable (it's still quite buggy).

Would I rather games got released in a much more bug free state? Absolutely. But the computer gaming industry is a completely different animal than it was for H1, 2 and 3. AND a game like Heroes fell to a 2nd tier along the way as gamers began to prefer (or the companies began to push) eye candy over quality. Heroes is still a viable franchise and this version will end up in the conversation for which is the best. Meanwhile, a little patience and perspective is required - not hyperbole.

hm.. so you think that heroes 7 is saveable ?? would be really interesting to hear some opinions on that because whilst i agree that in heroes 6 the gameplay systems were too far off to be overhauled completely and the gameplay systems themselfs in heroes 7 are pretty amazing and spot on on how a heroes game should be, on the other hand heroes 7 is the most bugged game in the entire series. i was there on heroes 5 and 6 release and non of them were even close to as buggy as this one :( heroes 6 had some annoying bugs but overall it worked flawlessly without any gamebreaking bugs (the most important thing) without any memory leaks and with a pretty optimized engine (compared to the awefully unoptimized engine in heroes 7).

Wintermist
10-03-2015, 11:59 PM
hm.. so you think that heroes 7 is saveable ?? would be really interesting to hear some opinions on that because whilst i agree that in heroes 6 the gameplay systems were too far off to be overhauled completely and the gameplay systems themselfs in heroes 7 are pretty amazing and spot on on how a heroes game should be, on the other hand heroes 7 is the most bugged game in the entire series. i was there on heroes 5 and 6 release and non of them were even close to as buggy as this one :( heroes 6 had some annoying bugs but overall it worked flawlessly without any gamebreaking bugs (the most important thing) without any memory leaks and with a pretty optimized engine (compared to the awefully unoptimized engine in heroes 7).

Here's an opinion then coming from someone who completed the game without all the problems you seem to have. Game is fine, in my opinion, fine and with very good gameplay. It has the best campaign so far and I love the mix between old and new. No doubt you will tell me that my opinion isn't right and that the game is still as buggy for everyone.

Speaking of buggy games, Heroes V was extremely buggy for me, so there you go. Another experience, completely different from yours.

X-Commando
10-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Only 43% of good opinion in steam which is very very very low. How do you explain ?

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Only 43% of good opinion in steam which is very very very low. How do you explain ?
A rushed, underfunded, buggy to the point of unplayability, unoptimized game?

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 01:03 AM
For opening i must say, that I HoMM3 "veteran" and I spent nights with friends in the hotseat. HoMM 3 is one of the best games ever!
But what have you done with the heroes series. One of the longest-running series, you leveled it to the misery! Reviews what u got for HoMM7 are way way better than game it self! Catastrophe! Graphic horror of 3D, infight animations, sound of creatures when, everything is so "cheap" in few words... a game without a soul! How many times we/you could read "why forcing 3D" when the game is designed for 2D, especially now that 2D can be wonderful! And thus production would be cheaper, faster, and everything simpler. Just imagine that you have HoMM3 "in graphics," for example: Ori and the blind forest or something else. U had everything in your hand from homm3, concept to make great game but again u did nothing!!!

I was a big HoMM3 fan, spent countless hours staring at those magical little 2D artifacts, the glistening little mounds of gold & reources just begging to be picked up. I was in my 20s then but the game made me feel like a little kid on a magical quest & then came the 4th instalment in the franchise. It was too long ago to remember what it was but man was i disappointed, I just remember thinking What Have You Done to my game. Then came 5 & 6 which i completely steered clear of because of the 3D graphics. In my opinion 5 & 6 looked awful & i just could not get past that enough to play them & somehow the magic in Might & Magic was gone forever.

Then came 7, i stumbled across a youtube video a while back & suddenly i got excited again, the 3D graphics (while not cutting edge) somehow looked to have brought back the magic, everything sparkled on screen again, had the planets realigned ?. The anticipation grew, i threw in my pre order & the game finally landed on my doorstep & i hurriedly started playing & was generally impressed with it all, sure there were a few bugs here & there, gameplay was a bit jerky, some head scratching user interface shortfalls & AI issues but hey, this game is still actually quite good, nothing a few patches wont fix. Then the game started running slower & slower, my cutting edge pc was frantically trying to keep up & then the game just stopped working. No amount of fiddling would fix it & the realisation had set in, i had just been fleeced by a megacorporate a$$hole that goes by the name Ubisoft. The developer had put the Magic back in the Title but the Might of the real world had shattered my little moment in the sun again. Honestly people, Ubisoft do not deserve your hard earned money for this game, i implore you to take your money back & force these miserable sons o *****es to respect the very people that support them. What these game publishers are doing is just another form of piracy that needs to be stamped out, we have that power now thanks to Steam & if you think that doesn't work just look at Batman Arkham Nights, although nothing will ever fix what a stinking pile that game is :) Do the right thing guys & suck it up for a while, force them to fix it properly.

broui
10-04-2015, 05:53 AM

Of course it is saveable. I did the H5 Beta and muddled through the game until ToE was finally released, saving that version. I did the H6 Beta and kept with it against my better judgement all the way through Shadows, hoping it would end like H5 did. However these are 3 different designers and developers subcontracted under the Ubi label. Limbic has a good track record in my view. They're the ones that stabilized H6 as much as it could be after their predecessor created a terrible game engine. Limbic also created MMX: Legacy which was the best MM game since VI and in my view is one of the top three in that series. Limbic has created the foundation of a great game here. The sky isn't falling. Bugs get fixed. This is miles ahead of H6 was during its first week of release. Relax. It gets better.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Of course it is saveable. I did the H5 Beta and muddled through the game until ToE was finally released, saving that version. I did the H6 Beta and kept with it against my better judgement all the way through Shadows, hoping it would end like H5 did. However these are 3 different designers and developers subcontracted under the Ubi label. Limbic has a good track record in my view. They're the ones that stabilized H6 as much as it could be after their predecessor created a terrible game engine. Limbic also created MMX: Legacy which was the best MM game since VI and in my view is one of the top three in that series. Limbic has created the foundation of a great game here. The sky isn't falling. Bugs get fixed. This is miles ahead of H6 was during its first week of release. Relax. It gets better.

You just just don't get it do you, While the game may work for you, people have handed over good money & experienced huge problems with this game & you say relax trust in Ubisoft & everything will be alright. Get a handle on the situation please, why should i give Ubisoft $75 for a game i cannot play without pulling my hair out, they do not deserve my money. Unless they pull a rabbit out their errr hat it will be $20 bargain bin special before it gets to the level of the current asking price.

Kaelnor
10-04-2015, 10:11 AM
I recommended this game to my friends, cause I read the good reviews from some gaming sites (gamestar.de). Made the mistake to not look for player reviews and didnt bought it with a steam code. What a Mistake!

The campaign feels... sort of slugish and not progressive. Hard to describe. But anyway we bought it for Multiplayer.

Yeah, the next fail. First:

Manual Port Forwarding? In which century do we live? Seems like someone forgot to implement this into the installation process.
Spectator Mode: HELL... What the holy f**k is this? Did ANYONE from Ubisoft played the game in Multiplayer? The Spectator Mode cant be disabled... and just show a bloody loading screen. Have fun playing this mess in multiplayer.

I didnt pay 50 bucks to buy this pile of unfinished code!

Anyone tried to refund this game? (without steam).

drfnord
10-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Like I wrote separately, I don't get how you live with yourself. How can it be satisfying to create things with this level of indifference? Game studios should be creative places. I wonder what it's like working at Ubisoft. Does it feel as hollow and unrewarding as this game does? What is it like to put your name on something that you know will never even play in the same category as the games considered for the various "game of the year" badges of honor?

It's a sad fate for such a great idea as Heroes to be presented in this washed out, clunky, unimaginative way. Somehow, playing it is sort of like using Word 97. Same sort of clunky, bleak, undelightful feeling.

PaleAle2012
10-04-2015, 10:35 AM
One thing the reviewers were right about is the developers are slaves to the game fan base. The game can be a lot more enjoyable than this, just not in its current form unfortunately

MONZUNLTD
10-04-2015, 01:51 PM
i give up...... :( i can'T even finish my first skirmish map.. i played for around 10 hours up to the very end and then the game completely bugged.. its only a medium map but its interesting what happens..

i played against 2 AI's.. one easy and one normal on normal difficulty.. i killed the normal ai easily and then started killing the easy ai. i killed every heroes the second (easy) ai had. then i wanted to take his last town and its not possible !!

the main hero of the ai is stuck in this town and if i kill him nothing happens.. i can kill him dozends of times but he just reappears immediately after the combat is down with his base units (it seems). he never comes out of the town and the spy agency building (playing haven) tells me that the enemy has no heroes left.. so the game definitiely is bugged. i tried everything, restarting the game reloading and so on. nothing helps and nothing works. i wasted 10 hours for a (only) medium map (because i didn't even bother with large maps due to the state the game is in) and can'T even finish it..

and actually thats about it for me.. ubisoft, you really ****ed this up worse then anything ever before.. ubisoft i really despise you starting today and will never buy a game again from you and also ofc will tell all my friends and ppl i know my experiences with heroes 7. a superb game that is in an unplayable state because its more bugged then normale alpha versions are. i'm SOOO unbelievably dissapointed. i think i never was that dissapointed.

the game has to be taken down from the market completely and fixed. if not i hope someone will sue you because this infact is an unplayable game. the campaign doesn't work due to gamebreaking bugs in nearly every single mission, the skirmish doesn't work because its bugged (sure i could just play another skirmish and hope it won't bug out but actually my time is to precious for me to do this. i will better invest my time into a different game that actually works). the only thing i did in 19 hours of gameplay was playing through one scenario (lone wolf) and even this one bugged towards the end and in town every single input took 3 seconds which was unbearable. well at least it finished without bugging out completely.... 19 hours overall wasted. if this were an alpha version i would understand it but after paying 50€ for this piece of **** i'm more then angry now.....

edit: btw my pc is more then capable enough.. i've an 2500k@4ghz, 8gb ram and a gtx 680 so i don't think it was due to bad hardware. the game is just a pile of software junk and it will never be fixed unless taken down from the market for half a year.. ubisoft you ****s, take a hit once in your lifetime and do the right thing..

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys, The team is currently working a first patch and we will keep you updated on our progress on this matter in the upcoming week. Our objective is to tackle on this update emergency topics such as:
Multiplayer desync, Global performances, Broken script in campaigns, Save/Load issues, Balancing and more to be confirmed.

If you encounter issues which are making the game unplayable for you, please open a ticket with our Support Team including a DxDiag report https://support.ubi.com so they can investigate.

Thanks

MONZUNLTD
10-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys, The team is currently working a first patch and we will keep you updated on our progress on this matter in the upcoming week. Our objective is to tackle on this update emergency topics such as:
Multiplayer desync, Global performances, Broken script in campaigns, Save/Load issues, Balancing and more to be confirmed.

If you encounter issues which are making the game unplayable for you, please open a ticket with our Support Team including a DxDiag report https://support.ubi.com so they can investigate.

Thanks

yeah... copypasing the same message all over the forum won't help anyone. -.- also i won't open a ****in ticket because its just not worth my time.. you know best that the game is bugged beyond believe and everyone who has at least a little knowledge about coding will know that a patch won'T fix this game either... too much is broken (nearly everything is broken or riddled with gamebreaking bugs). maybe in 6 months... :(:(:( soooooooooooo disappointed.......

edit: btw i "won" the skirmish by using cheat engine and klicking on win map.. well.. how ****ed up is this ? i despise cheats and always hated cheating and this feels even worse then not beeing able to finish the map because i'm aware that i used cheats (for the first time since idk.. 10 years) lol..

now if i think about playing another skirmish i actually want to puke because my experience with the first skirmish in h7 final was so unbelievably bad.. actually beta 2 was better then the final because at least there weren't gamebreaking bugs in there.. i could finish a few skirmishes without any problem o_O ridiculous

KaynaCrous
10-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Ubisoft likes to talk as if they're going to fix all bugs, but that's not what happened with Heroes 6. They never fixed Heroes 6's multiplayer desync bug, they never fixed the game crashing due to griffins diving while next to black dragons, they never fixed the bug where a skill can last 1-4 more turns than it's supposed to because you cast it on a unit's turn, or wait before casting, or on griffons that dived the last round ; they never fixed the taunt then fly away crap, they never fixed blazing glories blinding anything for 2 turns even though it's just a stack of 1 blazing glory, etc etc.

Rlec
10-04-2015, 08:05 PM

Thanks

This game is still in Beta yet we paid retail prices. Some want their money back Ubi what ca we do?

Gerald6381
10-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Well let me tell you, I do have the game and a lot of what they are saying is true. I was able to play it at first but now when I try to load a game, it crashes. Hmmm. But when I was able to play it, it was a great game except for a few things that could be fixed. One of those was the inability to do a 360 degree pan of your environment. Second, the ability to tear down buildings is great, but, why can't we convert castles like we did in HoMMVI? Also, I bought the collectors edition and it came without the game software and the soundtrack. I've sent a message but have not heard back from Ubisoft. So far a mixed bag, but, If I can no longer play, then, what's the sense of having it!

Recksters
10-04-2015, 09:27 PM
As for crashing, I fixed my problem temporarily by playing in Window mode. It's a bit annoying, but the game works. Before, it would simply crash after 10-20 minutes of play; at best, sometimes less.

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Well let me tell you, I do have the game and a lot of what they are saying is true. I was able to play it at first but now when I try to load a game, it crashes. Hmmm. But when I was able to play it, it was a great game except for a few things that could be fixed. One of those was the inability to do a 360 degree pan of your environment. Second, the ability to tear down buildings is great, but, why can't we convert castles like we did in HoMMVI? Also, I bought the collectors edition and it came without the game software and the soundtrack. I've sent a message but have not heard back from Ubisoft. So far a mixed bag, but, If I can no longer play, then, what's the sense of having it!

This is exactly why iv'e been highly sceptical of those defending the game, you start off with just the niggles & then for me it got worse & then bamm, the game becomes unplayable. Then you come in here to tell your story but you always get the knob jockey say the game works fine, i don't have a problem. What they don't realise is they are on borrowed time, it does not matter on pc configuration, how powerful your pc is, sooner or later the game they defended so valiantly is gonna come literally crashing down on them. I guarantee you they won't come back here admitting they were wrong.

KaynaCrous
10-05-2015, 01:09 AM
This is exactly why iv'e been highly sceptical of those defending the game.

The joke is Ubisoft employs various cheap tactics ; they pay popular game reviewers for a higher than deserved reviews, they post a dozen or so of fake player reviews with a 10/10 on sites like metacritic, then they have a few people lurking forums and giving positive feedbacks on their crap game full of bugs as well. Hardcore might and magic fan boys and the pro Ubisoft people probably working for them cannot be reasoned with. Their opinion of the game is disconnected from reality.

sungodsong
10-05-2015, 01:27 AM
+1

PaleAle2012
10-05-2015, 01:53 AM
The discontent in this forum is growing by the hour. It was only a matter of time before this happened, as people start logging up the the hrs they are realizing what a lemon H7 really is so once again i ask that people take back their money from Ubisoft & on your way out the door let them how you feel about them.

Rlec
10-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Agreed

Bob__Gnarly
10-05-2015, 09:42 PM
How can you knowingly release the game in this state, that's what gets me...

It does them no good whatsoever.

I imagine the return rates must be going through the roof, I know I'll be getting a refund if they don't fix the critical save/load bug this week.

neofema
10-05-2015, 10:07 PM
DO NOT BUY IT!!!
It is unfinished game - alpha or early beta version. They have robbed gamers with 50E for this crap: Terrible 3D units, washed graphic, bugs in every scenario, no cutscenes, mediocre music, town buildings and units are very similiar each other, crashes to system .... Every preview was lie, you have just payed for reviews that is all!

bench134
10-05-2015, 10:07 PM
I mean rly no Multiplayer ? timeouts or after 2-3 weeks (ingame) one is losing connection and the gamefile is gone etc etc ...

it is so anoying... i want my money back !

buggy game this is a ripoff! it is 2015 right ? i payed 59€ for this ...what ever it is ...it is def. not a game u have fun with !

DONT BUY IT!

Rlec
10-07-2015, 05:02 AM
back to the top please

X-Commando
10-07-2015, 09:56 PM
I just want to give an info to those who want a refund. I got refunded by steam (thx very much to steam). I pre purchased the game at the end of july and played almost 20 hours and yes steam refunded me. Its the second time of my life i ask a refund for a game and its the first time on steam,

sry for my english

MONZUNLTD
10-08-2015, 09:31 AM
I just want to give an info to those who want a refund. I got refunded by steam (thx very much to steam). I pre purchased the game at the end of july and played almost 20 hours and yes steam refunded me. Its the second time of my life i ask a refund for a game and its the first time on steam,

sry for my english

congratz. i read a few times already that ppl with 20-30 hours played got a refund without a problem. i'm also still considering one, especially because the week is nearly over and we haven't gotten a single status update or anything so far lol.. seems like after the weekend they forgot us and thats it ?? i love the game but with all these bugs i deem it nearly unplayable most of the time.. gamebreaking bugs in every single aspect of the game.. starting with the minimap where infos get stuck pretty often (like enemy heroes that i already killed are not removed from the minimap and their icons are stuck on it (ofc thats not even close to gamebreaking but i wanted to give an example of a small but annoying issue) and ending in real gamebreaking bugs like you can'T finish skirmishes because enemy heroes are stuck even though you kill them dozends of times. they just respawn immediately after killing them.. they are just unkillable and the campaign that is riddled with gamebreaking bugs :(

crusaderm18
10-08-2015, 09:58 AM
DO NOT BUY IT!!!
It is unfinished game - alpha or early beta version. They have robbed gamers with 50E for this crap: Terrible 3D units, washed graphic, bugs in every scenario, no cutscenes, mediocre music, town buildings and units are very similiar each other, crashes to system .... Every preview was lie, you have just payed for reviews that is all!

Da es leider nicht zumutbar ist so zu spielen oder das weder versprochene Gegenstände einfach nicht ausgehändigt werden will ich mein Geld zurück !!!
Ich übergebe das meinem Anwalt. Da Sie ja in Ihrer ununedlichen weißheit nicht mal einen Kundendienst haben ^^ die Pfeifen können sich ihr spiel sonst wo hinstecken

crusaderm18
10-08-2015, 10:01 AM
:mad:
So ein Beschissenes Spiel Multiplayer nicht spielbar. Versprochene Gegenstände gibt es nicht.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Hi mOnzunLTD, please have a read of this article, which provides an update about the patch https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/important-how-to-report-bugs

First thing first, we know many of you are eagerly waiting for this first patch. Be sure the team has not been taking any rest since the release of the title and is working hard on this update. We are doing our best to fix top priority issues and improve game experience to the level you could expect from a Heroes title at release.

It has been decided to create a first “big patch” instead of several little ones to ensure the stability and compatibility of the various fixes all together. It also ensures our QC team gives the most thorough look at it. Patch 1 should provide over 120+ fixes we will detail in the upcoming days.

Release date is still to be confirmed but we are aiming at next week if our tests are conclusive.

Thanks

MONZUNLTD
10-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Hi mOnzunLTD, please have a read of this article, which provides an update about the patch https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/important-how-to-report-bugs

Thanks

ahh cool thanks. didn't notice it. would love to see an update on the steam forum aswell but ofc its just a minor thingy and not really important. the only important thing is that the gamebreaking bugs and ram management get fixed ASAP. everything else, balancing (actually the balancing is pretty off too but it always was in every heroes game so well.. ^^), minor bugs and display bugs can be fixed later down the line in maybe a few months :D

edit: actually even though that sounds great (120+ fixes and release next week ?) i'll ofc remain skeptical until i see with my own eyes that the patch improves the game and fixes the gamebreaking bugs, save/load issues and memory management (i especially doubt that it will fix the memory management because unless its just a small bug that has huge impact, i think it will need a major rewrite of the code to fix this ridiculously bad memory management.. ofc i hope i'm wrong !

Da es leider nicht zumutbar ist so zu spielen oder das weder versprochene Gegenstände einfach nicht ausgehändigt werden will ich mein Geld zurück !!!
Ich übergebe das meinem Anwalt. Da Sie ja in Ihrer ununedlichen weißheit nicht mal einen Kundendienst haben ^^ die Pfeifen können sich ihr spiel sonst wo hinstecken

ROFL in your dreams maybe :P ^^ das sind immer die besten die mit "ich übergebe dies meinem anwalt" ankommen. lachhaft, du hast nichtmal einen hauch einer chance überhaupt etwas zu bewirken und wenn du bereit bist tausende von euro an kosten und monate an zeit zu investieren nur um dann vllt eine handvoll euro zu bekommen ? seeehr schlau :D naja viel erfolg loool ^^

UbiChrisMANG
10-08-2015, 05:03 PM
would love to see an update on the steam forum aswell

There you go: http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/487870763298480437/

X-Commando
10-10-2015, 07:57 PM
+1

MoritzBradtke
10-10-2015, 09:45 PM
the game has some bugs but they will fix em, i dont understand why some People are so negative and spreading so much hate, the game works fine for me most of the time and i didnt have one gamebreaking bug in 2 campaign maps so far

Rlec
10-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Bump so people stay warned to stay away from this rip off

neoxaro
10-13-2015, 09:26 AM
You right