PDA

View Full Version : What a steaming pile of poo.

velvet231968
09-29-2015, 01:52 PM
I did a pr-order, about 6 weeks ago.

Today I picked up my collectors edition.

So much sadness. I installed, when I got home. Only to find that the game was released about 8 hours ahead of me.

And, upon release, I have to DL some 12GB of game files, which I should already have.

You sir, can get ****ed.. Twice.

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 01:55 PM
The download is all the work they did between the middle of August and the end of September.

If you wanted to flip it, to get the disc version same as the release day version, you'd get your physical disc, oh, sometime in the middle of december.

velvet231968
09-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Dont bother to give me a DVDs in the pre order then. Just tell me that the game will be available via DL on the day.

This is complete ****. I paid a bomb for the collectors edition, expecting the game to be playable. And yet it is not, Ubisoft? Compensation? I highly doubt it.

This will be the last purchase I make from this franchise. Sad, cause I played Might and Magic 1. Way back.

Bye bye

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Bye!

Omeganian
09-29-2015, 02:25 PM
No CD Key. CE is yet to arrive. The URL sent me for package tracking is invalid. No sign of any download on Uplay. I don't get it; why are the Ubisoft so desperate to lose clients?

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 02:35 PM
No CD Key. CE is yet to arrive. The URL sent me for package tracking is invalid. No sign of any download on Uplay. I don't get it; why are the Ubisoft so desperate to lose clients?

If your tracking number is invalid, you should probably open a ticket with UbiSoft directly.

Omeganian
09-29-2015, 02:40 PM
If your tracking number is invalid, you should probably open a ticket with UbiSoft directly.

I did today.

Pulsifer88
09-29-2015, 03:21 PM
I did today.

That's good. Sorry to hear you got screwed on delivery, here's hoping it works out quickly for you!

Omeganian
09-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Yes, but there is nothing showing up on Uplay either.

Raiden74
09-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Dont bother to give me a DVDs in the pre order then. Just tell me that the game will be available via DL on the day.

This is complete ****. I paid a bomb for the collectors edition, expecting the game to be playable. And yet it is not, Ubisoft? Compensation? I highly doubt it.

This will be the last purchase I make from this franchise. Sad, cause I played Might and Magic 1. Way back.

Bye bye

So, you would prefer if they told you it would be available as DL, but you are complaining that you have to DL the day 1 patch!
What's the difference then? Some minutes, a couple of hours of DL time....
What a bummer!!! :confused:

Omeganian
09-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Got a key for Homm3 HD. Guess it's a start.

RobvD84
09-29-2015, 06:32 PM
The big deal is that you want to play immediately when installed from a phisicall copy. This whole first day patches thingy is bs too (yeah i know that this topic is not about this). But i agree with velvet that they could have told or put on the package that you could pre-download the game. But then again some ppl can't even play because of game breaking bug.

failboatbill
09-29-2015, 08:54 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I got my copy on disc because of my slow connection speed (AT&T only offers 3mbps in my area), 9 hour download so much fun. :(

RobvD84
09-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Well like i said, they should have made it clear that also those who have phisical copys needed to (pre-)donwload it.

MrD69
09-29-2015, 10:29 PM
I did a pr-order, about 6 weeks ago.

Today I picked up my collectors edition.

So much sadness. I installed, when I got home. Only to find that the game was released about 8 hours ahead of me.

And, upon release, I have to DL some 12GB of game files, which I should already have.

You sir, can get ****ed.. Twice.

At least your have your package. mine is waiting 3 hours away, and because I moved after ordering the game months ago, Ubisoft will not let me redirect it to my current address. Way to go guys, great customer support >:

Omeganian
10-01-2015, 05:14 AM
Still nothing. Neither on Uplay, nor in the mailbox, nor in the support.

MSRX92
10-01-2015, 11:23 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I got my copy on disc because of my slow connection speed (AT&T only offers 3mbps in my area), 9 hour download so much fun. :(

Wow! Yours went fast. Mine took 13 hours to download, I must have the slowest DSL around. I'm just hoping I can figure out how to back up the game, so I don't have to ever download it again.