PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft has no shame, the end of AC

jamietje
09-29-2015, 07:37 AM
What a shame that I must make this thread when I loved AC Black Flag & Unity so much.
Rogue was a step back in time, then Ubisoft claimed to bring it, but they already have failed before releasing the game.

talking about AC Syndicate incase its not clear
1080p and 30fps locked ow im sorry I thought I lived in the modern days?
Not only that but DLC announced before the game is released?

Greed has killed AC, like EA has killed games with its greed.
I'm sure this nasty new Ubisoft attitude will kill off many more titles.

Next title to die is Splinter Cell im guessing.
Even I will now not buy the upcoming AC not even with 75% off id rather have this game die so that one day a smaller company will do it right instead of thinking only of money when you can make money by creating a great game cause you have a passion for it.

Going4Quests
09-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Erm no? I just tested this and Rogue runs 60 fps on 1080p for me..

trebor22031982
09-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Why such reckless hate
I have seen so much hate over Unity and now Syndicate; before it is even released
Ubi have released details about a DLC as a pre order bonus, just like many other games and companies
If you do not want the DLC, do not pre order, and do not download when offered

As said above, many games companies offer incentives to make you pre order
The same is true of the stuff you get by purchasing physical copies of the game

Do not hate just because of offers made to encourage pre orders
Love them for what they offer dedicated fans

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 11:54 AM
There's definitely something wrong at your end Jamietje... if your system is capable of playing at higher FPS then you must have a problem that is capping it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUU3bvd7a-w

this a a random youtube video showing it maxed out to ultra and 60 FPS... in all honesty as a stealth game even 60 fps is not needed... nice but not necessary... my friend is playing skyrim at the moment at 9 FPS .. it will run at 25 fps on his system (it's old) but he's added mods that make it look better but have a big impact on performance. and he is still enjoying it... I admire that but 30 FPS would be enough for me... if I was flying or in a very fast racing game then that is different... over 50 FPS

Anyway I hope you figure out what is capping it... are you running it at 4k ? have you tried turning off V-sync ? can you post your PC spec please.

Jessigirl2013
09-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Uhhhhhh.... I don't understand ;)

Rogue does have a FPS lock as I'm aware.:confused:
What's your specs?

Rogue didn't get DLC... :confused:
So...............

jamietje
09-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Erm no? I just tested this and Rogue runs 60 fps on 1080p for me..
I'm not talking about Rogue derps.
Talking about the upcoming Syndicate and that will have a 30fps cap...

I donno how you got the idea i spoke of Rogue, just saying Rogue was utter **** as in it looked like it was made before AC Black Flag the movements where bad and you could do allot less it was an utter disappointment

My complaint is about AC Syndicate they promised to give it their all and they are already being greedy before releasing the game..
You don't have to accept everything a company do's.

The time spend making DLC's could have been spend making the game perfect.

strigoi1958
09-29-2015, 11:02 PM
well you should of pointed that out in the first place instead of waffling about other AC games and not even mentioning Syndicate until AFTER we had replied and then you added the bold sentence to your original post....

I played Syndicate and it was amazing... I have no idea what the FPS was and I don't really care... the game was silky smooth and the gameplay was brilliant... having a program flickering numbers in one corner is not something gamers care about...

Some people foolishly exclude themselves from great games because they have some silly number in their head that they think a game MUST achieve to be good... which is a shame.. A great game is a great game whether it is 30 FPS or 300 FPS and the same goes for a bad game... but at least people can make really bad games now and as long as they offer 200 FPS there is a small market of lost souls who think they are gamers (and probably were at one time) but are now just FPS slaves waiting to buy them to boast 200.0001 FPS.
I bought a good PC is to allow games to show what they can do... I don't buy games to show me what my PC can do...

There is other software for that... try unigine heaven and see how your pc scores.... but be prepared to see how bad your pc is compared to real FPS slaves :p

I don't know where you are getting your bad information but I used to like your Unity and Far Cry 4 posts but you've been led astray :(

legendvinu
09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
What a shame that I must make this thread when I loved AC Black Flag & Unity so much.
Rogue was a step back in time, then Ubisoft claimed to bring it, but they already have failed before releasing the game.

talking about AC Syndicate incase its not clear
1080p and 30fps locked ow im sorry I thought I lived in the modern days?
Not only that but DLC announced before the game is released?

Greed has killed AC, like EA has killed games with its greed.
I'm sure this nasty new Ubisoft attitude will kill off many more titles.

Next title to die is Splinter Cell im guessing.
Even I will now not buy the upcoming AC not even with 75% off id rather have this game die so that one day a smaller company will do it right instead of thinking only of money when you can make money by creating a great game cause you have a passion for it.

Calm Down take a deep breath and Pls dont use such a word against UBI and their games all you need is not the fps on 1080 such things all you need to know is the story,what you will get and how much fun and enjoy it gives you.What i really care is will I be able to play the game and can enjoy it in my pc i pretty really don't care about the fps calm down and think about it. they are going to change some thing it cannot be same all the time then nothing will be interesting. they are continue fantasy of heliax if we are in animas then we cannot relive memory with two playable character this a epic change calm down and wait for awesome things.:o

MoriyaPrateek
09-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Honestly, I do think AC has gone through a down-fall. AC I/II/III had such a nice storyline. Ubisoft has tried to get the game to a new level, but had failed to meet the expectations. True, ACU offered so much, and Ubisoft did try their best. They just didn't think not all players can afford such great PCs that can run that game. Honestly, I was dissapointed. I played ACU with 12 FPS. After ACI/II/III, IV was a pretty good game. Blackflag had such a nice gameplay, but not much of a good storyline. Killing Desmond wasn't really a good choice, considering such a nice storyline it was. They should've made another Desmond after killing Desmond in ACIII.

It's jsut that, I'm pretty dissapointed. Ubisoft DID try their best at ACU, but failed to think in everyone's perspective. Now, in Syndicate, the grappling hook is Overpowered imo. Use it, get on a building, I mean, what difficulty is there, in it? ACI, you try climbing a building while in Pursuit, you get pelted with stones, but now, you use it and bam, you're on top of a building!

I'll still try Syndicate though, I still love AC to the core of my heart. Completed every game yet.

To be honest, ACU has one of the best storylines, and is one of the best games ever, except the FPS drops.

Going4Quests
09-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm not going to read all the comments, too much walls of text; so I shall keep it short (and thus idk if it's been said yet)

The 30 fps lock at 780p for Syndicate is *only* at Consoles. PC will have no lock, and run 1080p. PC perfomance will be based on how good your rig is. Recommended specs will get you about 30 fps. Higher pcs, will get higher fps. Simple as that.

jonathan7882
10-02-2015, 12:52 AM
well you should of pointed that out in the first place instead of waffling about other AC games and not even mentioning Syndicate until AFTER we had replied and then you added the bold sentence to your original post....

I played Syndicate and it was amazing... I have no idea what the FPS was and I don't really care... the game was silky smooth and the gameplay was brilliant... having a program flickering numbers in one corner is not something gamers care about...

Some people foolishly exclude themselves from great games because they have some silly number in their head that they think a game MUST achieve to be good... which is a shame.. A great game is a great game whether it is 30 FPS or 300 FPS and the same goes for a bad game... but at least people can make really bad games now and as long as they offer 200 FPS there is a small market of lost souls who think they are gamers (and probably were at one time) but are now just FPS slaves waiting to buy them to boast 200.0001 FPS.
I bought a good PC is to allow games to show what they can do... I don't buy games to show me what my PC can do...

There is other software for that... try unigine heaven and see how your pc scores.... but be prepared to see how bad your pc is compared to real FPS slaves :p

I don't know where you are getting your bad information but I used to like your Unity and Far Cry 4 posts but you've been led astray :(

I never have understood this obsession with fps. There is no clear science saying how much we can see but I rarely see much of a difference from 30 - 60. Especially anything above 60. BTW how did you play Syndicate?

legendvinu
10-02-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm not going to read all the comments, too much walls of text; so I shall keep it short (and thus idk if it's been said yet)

The 30 fps lock at 780p for Syndicate is *only* at Consoles. PC will have no lock, and run 1080p. PC perfomance will be based on how good your rig is. Recommended specs will get you about 30 fps. Higher pcs, will get higher fps. Simple as that.

Great simple as it is:o

strigoi1958
10-02-2015, 10:55 AM
@Jonathan

I played it at the EGX convention I saw a few things I didn't know... I wanted to try the combat out even though I prefer stealth and it was great, I really got into the combat, mixing up the blocking and attacking moves looks so nice and the movement was so smooth. I stopped several times just to look around and the buildings looked incredible, as did the surrounding areas. It is nice to have some things from past AC games make a welcome return. I was immersed into it in a few moments and didn't want to stop.... as soon as I got home I put the PC on, went to the Uplay shop and pre-ordered it. Now I keep looking at it in my library :D waiting to download.

jonathan7882
10-02-2015, 08:12 PM
@Jonathan

I played it at the EGX convention I saw a few things I didn't know... I wanted to try the combat out even though I prefer stealth and it was great, I really got into the combat, mixing up the blocking and attacking moves looks so nice and the movement was so smooth. I stopped several times just to look around and the buildings looked incredible, as did the surrounding areas. It is nice to have some things from past AC games make a welcome return. I was immersed into it in a few moments and didn't want to stop.... as soon as I got home I put the PC on, went to the Uplay shop and pre-ordered it. Now I keep looking at it in my library :D waiting to download.
Nice. *is very jealous*😕😉

Jessigirl2013
10-03-2015, 06:59 PM
I find it funny that the OP states "its the end of AC" because of an FPS issue that is probably caused by his PC not meeting the min spec.
That, or he's a console gamer and should be used to being locked at 30FPS. :rolleyes:

dread_stone
10-03-2015, 07:04 PM
The title assertion is correct, but your reasoning is kind of uninspiring, OP.

Also, you also can't claim that "the end of AC" is near and then say you liked Black Flag. That's just oxymoronic Black Flag only furthered the series' gradual death due to not even being an Assassin's Creed game, but rather a pirate one with little to no relation to the Creed.

Aphex_Tim
10-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Getting real tired of the "It doesn't run at 60fps so it must be garbage" bull****. 30fps has always provided excellent, smooth gameplay. Little over a year ago, nobody even gave a sh*t but now that consoles have dipped their toes in higher frame rates, anything under 60fps is suddenly "unacceptable".
Seriously, stop this!

Jessigirl2013
10-03-2015, 07:09 PM
The title assertion is correct, but your reasoning is kind of uninspiring, OP.

Also, you also can't claim that "the end of AC" is near and then say you liked Black Flag. That's just oxymoronic — Black Flag only furthered the series' gradual death due to not even being an Assassin's Creed game, but rather a pirate one with little to no relation to the Creed.

Yeah..... I agree.

As a game I enjoyed Black Flag...
But as a AC game. No.

It just didn't seem like a AC game IMO and lacked significant MD, like any other AC game after ACIII!

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2015, 07:09 PM
that sounds very quirky doesn't it

Hans684
10-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Of course they don't have shame, they have Shay instead.

BananaBlighter
10-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Getting real tired of the "It doesn't run at 60fps so it must be garbage" bull****. 30fps has always provided excellent, smooth gameplay. Little over a year ago, nobody even gave a sh*t but now that consoles have dipped their toes in higher frame rates, anything under 60fps is suddenly "unacceptable".
Seriously, stop this!

IKR. It also makes me sad coz I used to play Minecraft on my laptop, below 20fps perfectly well.